手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 囧司徒每日秀视频 > 正文

美国从国外买顶尖棋手赢比赛

来源:可可英语 编辑:Vicki   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

This week in chess America is making a concerted effort to buy top foreign chess players

本周国际象棋界发生了一件大事 美国正试图买下国外顶尖棋手
in an attempt to win next year's chess Olympiad gold medal for the first time in decades.
试图拿下十年后奥林匹克运动会象棋项目的金牌
That's right, the United States is buying up nerds, nerd mercenaries, nerdcenaries.
是的 美国正试图买下一群书呆子 书呆子雇佣兵 雇呆兵
For more we welcome back our senior international correspondent Mr. Trevor Noah.
想要了解更多信息的话 让我们欢迎高级国际记者特雷弗·诺啊
Trevor! A pleasure! Thank you.
特雷弗 很高兴见到你 谢谢
Very delighted to have you here. Thank you very much. Jon.
欢迎你来到我们节目 谢谢你 囧
It's an absolute pleasure to be back here to talk about chess.
很高兴能回到美国跟大家聊聊象棋
The game of kings, smart checkers black and white horsey squares.
它是王者的博弈 是黑与白 是智慧的角力

美国从国外买顶尖棋手赢比赛

The history of chess stretches back centuries—oh, come on, Jon, Jon! What, is that, what—

国际象棋的历史要追溯到几百年——拜托 囧 囧 什么 你说什么
I'm sorry. Come on.
抱歉 拜托
I'm sorry, I just, wow, I'm sorry, I didn't realize how boring chess was until someone else started talking about it.
抱歉 我只是 抱歉 要不是听你讲象棋 我都不知道它有这么无聊 你说吧
All right.
I mean, look, if Americans are so bored by chess then why are you stealing everyone else's players?
我在想 如果美国人真的觉得象棋这么无聊 那为什么你们还要去别的国家买高手呢
We would like to win. We would like to win.
因为……我们想赢 我们想赢
I mean, let's face facts.
我们来考虑一下现实
We could patiently build a home-grown chess team through years of hard work, but years of hard work.
我们也可以耐心的组建一支棋手队 这大概要辛苦几年 但是要辛苦几年
We'd rather just buy them.
我们宁愿花钱买
You know what, Jon, does America really need to be the best at everything?
你知道吗 囧 美国真的有必要事事都争第一吗
I mean, you already dominate world in economics, military power, obesity.
你们已经在经济 军事 和胖子这些方面称霸了
Well, you're very kind. We have the most Dakotas.
你人真是一点儿都不刻薄呢 我们姓达科他的人最多
You've got so many Dakotas! Yes.
对啊 你们姓达科他的人那么多 嗯
You've got what is it? North, South—North, South—fanning, Johnson. Yes.
你知道这意味着什么吗 北达科他 南达科他——南北达科他——还有达科他·范宁 达科他·约翰逊 对
Leave some Dakotas for the rest of us!
把达科他留点儿给我们啊
It is not like America has not had chess greats of its own.
美国并不是没有自己的象棋高手
You had, uh, what was that movie. Bobby Fischer.
有 呃 那部电影叫什么来着 鲍比·费舍尔
Yeah, but that was what, 40 years ago?
嗯 那是多少年 40年前的吗
No, I just rented it. It was—and deep blue, the IBM chess computer.
不是 是我刚租的 里面有一台——深蓝色的 能下棋的IBM牌的电脑
I'm pretty sure the parts came from China.
我确定那是中国来的
All right, Trev, what if we don't buy players?
好吧 特雷 如果我们不从国外买棋手 会怎么样
What if we don't buy them?
如果我们不买呢
It's just free market. This is how it works.
那就是自由市场啊 就是它本来的样子
No, Jon, it's not, this is a sport. Kind of.
不是的 囧 不会的 象棋是一项运动 算是一项运动吧
Right, this not meant to be an economic transaction like buying a loaf of bread or a seat in congress. That hurts.
不是吗 又不是像买一条面包或者买国会席位一样 是经济交易 扎心了
America is supposed to be all about earning victory.
美国的胜利应该是靠自己挣来的
Do you remember that movie where a guy from Philadelphia punched a Russian so hard it ended the cold war?
你还记不记得有个电影 一个来自费城的家伙重重地打了一个俄罗斯人一拳 从而结束了冷战
What if instead of training rocky to fight Ivan Drago, America just hired Ivan Drago.
如果美国不是训练了洛基去击败伊万·达拉格 而是花钱买下了达拉格
It's a way worse movie.
那这个电影就很没意思了
That would be a totally awesome movie.
那这个电影肯定很好看
Fish out of water, communist in a capitalist country but learns to love America and teaches his landlord how to love borscht.
就像鱼离开了水一样 一个共产党人生活在一个资本主义国家 却爱上了美国 还学会了教他的房东做罗宋汤
Like, that's such a good movie.
想想看 这电影多棒啊
It would be a good movie. Thank you. Get the cab. Come on.
一定很好看 谢谢 回到重点 拜托
That's what I'm talking about. It would be, okay.
我就是在说这个啊 那个俄罗斯人会说 好吧
I would like to go to the empire state building. Nice!
我想去帝国大厦 很棒啊
Ah, I love it. But you know what, Jon?
我喜欢这个情节 但 囧 你知道吗
I don't even think that this is about chess.
我从来不认为这事儿是为了赢棋
This is about Russia because what's the only thing Russians love more than filming their own car accidents?
是因为俄罗斯 俄罗斯人喜欢什么事超过喜欢拍车祸电影
Land grabs, I guess? No, Jon, no, chess.
我才是——抢地盘 不是的 囧 是国际象棋
They have more world champions than any other country.
在这一方面 他们拥有的世界冠军比世界上任何国家的都多
Who is their current champion?
他们目前的冠军是谁
Well, officially, Putin.
官方说法是普京
I mean, come on! We all remember that famous photo!
拜托 你一定还记得那张照片
Oh! You know what's weird?
噢 你知道怪在哪吗
I always thought he was on a real horse.
我老以为他骑得是真马
You don't look because you just see the nipples. You don't realize. That's true.
你没往下看是因为你光顾着看他的胸了 都没注意到下面是什么 就是这样
But here's my point, America has been trying to get back at Russia for stealing crimea,
我觉得美国报复俄罗斯是因为俄罗斯占领了克里米亚半岛
you know, warring with the Ukraine, supporting Assad, you've tried everything—
还有跟乌克兰开战 还有支持阿萨德 美国采取了一切手段
sanctions, diplomacy, passive aggressive subtweets.
制裁 外交手段 还有恶意的挑衅式的不点名推文
Nothing's worked. Yes.
都没效果 对
So now you're trying to take Russia's place as the world chess super power
于是现在美国就想取代俄罗斯在国际象棋界的超级大国地位
because you know that would really hurt them where it hurts, right in the pawns.
因为你们知道这一举一定能伤了他们的元气 就像吃掉了他们的卒子
It's just they're—They're just so mean. I just hate them so much.
都是因为他们——他们太不友好了 反正我就是讨厌他们
Yeah, but I understand, Jon, but if you really want to beat them—Yes!
嗯 我懂的 囧 但如果你真的想打败他们—— 当然想
You need to do it the old-fashioned way.
你就要用老办法
You need to earn it. And you know what?
你得靠自己赢得胜利 而且你知道吗
I'm going to give you awe chance to make this whole thing right through the ancient battle of black versus white.
我会给你一次机会 通过这场黑白搏杀让你拿到你想要的
Enough with the Ferguson, we already talked about it.
别唠叨了 我告诉过你了
No, no, Jon, Jon. I mean, through the magic of chess.
不是 不是 囧 我是指用象棋的魔力
Wow. All right.
哇 好吧
I know how to play the traditional cutting of the wires.
我知道怎么用古老的方式剪线
I thought they'd go away. But they don't.
我以为这些线会自己消失 没想到没有
It's part of the magic. Oh, there they go. All right, very nice. All right.
这是魔法的一部分 好 开始吧 嗯 很好 好了
Okay. All right, because I'm white, I'll go first.
好 好 因为我是白子(白人) 所以我先走
Uh, all right. I guess because I'm Jewish, I'll go second.
行 我想因为我是犹太人 所以我后走
Pawn to d-4.
卒走到d4
Oh, snap! Mousetrap.
抓住了 我有捕鼠器
Checkmate. U.S.A.! U.S.A.!
将军 美利坚万岁 美利坚万岁

重点单词   查看全部解释    
smart [smɑ:t]

想一想再看

adj. 聪明的,时髦的,漂亮的,敏捷的,轻快的,整洁的

 
awe [ɔ:]

想一想再看

n. 敬畏,恐惧
vt. 使敬畏或惊惧

 
senior ['si:njə]

想一想再看

adj. 年长的,高级的,资深的,地位较高的

联想记忆
correspondent [.kɔri'spɔndənt]

想一想再看

n. 通讯记者,通信者
adj. 与 ...

联想记忆
dominate ['dɔmineit]

想一想再看

v. 支配,占优势,俯视

 
beat [bi:t]

想一想再看

v. 打败,战胜,打,敲打,跳动
n. 敲打,

 
traditional [trə'diʃənəl]

想一想再看

adj. 传统的

 
champion ['tʃæmpjən]

想一想再看

n. 冠军,优胜者,拥护者,勇士
vt. 保卫

 
medal ['medl]

想一想再看

n. 奖章,勋章,纪念章
vi. 获得奖章

联想记忆
concerted [kən'sə:tid]

想一想再看

adj. 商议好的,协定的,一致的 动词concert的

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。