手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 囧司徒每日秀视频 > 正文

巴尔的摩陷入严重骚乱

来源:可可英语 编辑:Vicki   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

The lawless, destructive riots shaking our nation, oh, no, those are Kentucky fans, I'm sorry, after losing,

无法无天的暴乱动摇了我们的国家 呃 不 他们是肯塔基州的粉丝输了比赛后在庆祝 抱歉
the lawless—no, I'm sorry, that's the Michigan fans after winning,
无法无天的——不 抱歉 这是密歇根州的粉丝赢了比赛后在狂欢
no I am sorry, that's a pumpkin festival gone awry,
不 抱歉 这是万圣节的游行活动
come on, those are kids just blowing off steam with good-natured arson.
拜托 这是孩子们在发脾气 而方式不过是温柔的纵火而已
There you go! That's the worrisome, let's call it urban violence we were looking for.
来了 这才是麻烦事 我们找了半天的城市暴力
It has been a night of chaos, violence, lawlessness in Baltimore over the death of Freddie Gray.
由于弗雷迪·格雷的死亡 巴尔的摩昨夜被混乱 暴力和失序席卷
Right now the national guard is on the scene trying to restore peace
现在国民警卫队正在现场维护秩序
and as we said all public schools are closed today.
而且今日所有的公立学校都已关闭
But—ah.
但是——呃
You know what? That's probably the one time even kids don't even want to hear the announcement school is closed.
知道吗 也许这次孩子们自己都不想听到学校关门的消息
Honey, no school! You have a riot day.
亲爱的 今天不用上学了 现在外面一片混乱
Just stay in your PJS and watch your favorite cartoons.
穿着睡衣看你的卡通片就行了

巴尔的摩陷入严重骚乱

Be preempted by footage of our neighborhood in flames.

哦 被我们领居家起火的视频刷屏了
Yes, once again the combination of an economically struggling inner city,
这样的事又一次发生在一个内陆的 经济落后的城市
police force charged with keeping its citizens out of everyone else's view has combusted,
负责把市民隐藏在其他人视线之外的警察愤怒了
like Watts and Detroit in the sixties, Georgia in the seventies, Miami in the eighties, L.A. and St. Petersberg in the nineties,
就像60年代的沃兹和底特律暴动 70年代的佐治亚州暴动 80年代的迈阿密暴动和90年代的洛杉矶和圣彼得堡暴动
the cyclical eruptions appear like tragedy cicadas.
这些事的周期性爆发就像悲剧版的蝉蜕皮一样
Depressing in their similarity, predictability and intractability, or to put that another way—
这些暴动的相似性 可预见性和难处理性令人失望 或者换种方式——
Hard to Believe.
难以置信
This is going on in a major American city right now,
这件事情居然正在美国的一个主要城市发生
this is a scene that a lot of us never anticipated seeing in a city like Baltimore,
我们从未想过这样的事会发生在巴尔的摩
hard to believe this is going on as I keep saying in a major American city.
就像我之前说过的 难以置信这样的事发生在美国的一个主要城市
I don't remember seeing anything like this in the United States of America in a long time.
我记得很久没有在美国见过这种事了
Elvis leading a herd of orthodox Jewish unicorns through a city street, that would be hard to believe.
猫王领着一群东正教的犹太独角兽穿过大街 这才叫难以置信
This..., this...happens all the time.
而这些 都是一直在发生的
Ferguson was just a few months ago and you were talking about it.
佛格森州的暴动就发生在几个月前 你们当时还讨论了的
It is hard for me to believe that in this day and age, 2014, so many years after Dr. Martin Luther King and the civil rights movement
很难相信在这个时代 在2014年 在马丁·路德·金和民权运动过去了这么久的今天
we are seeing national guard troops on the street to prevent this kind of violence in this day and age,
我们还能在街上看到国民警卫队要来镇压这种暴乱
it's something I didn't think we would be seeing again.
我以为我们以后都不用再见证这些
I am worried about you.
你要出事了
Do I need to get Sandler to go over to your house and—just run... by you every morning.
要不要我叫桑德勒每天去你家——每天早上跟你打招呼啊
Well look, Blitzer may have been taken off guard
闪电战可以在人没有防备的时候进行
but certainly the mayor of Baltimore wouldn't be taken off guard.
而巴尔的摩的市长一定不能没有警卫
I have been in contact with our governor and he has agreed,
我已经跟州长取得了联系 他也同意
and I have requested and he has agreed to deploy the national guard.
我询问了州长他同意派遣国民警卫队
When the mayor called me, which quite frankly we were glad that she finally did,
市长给我打电话的时候 我们很高兴市长联系了我们
instantly we signed an executive order.
我们立刻签署了执行命令
Oh, oh, oh. Well, isn't the governor a little bit passive aggressive?
哦 哦 哦 州长是不是有点消极抵抗的意思
I mean I was there all weekend.
我整个周末都在那
By the phone, but fine, if she wants the city to burn?
虽然是通过手机联系的 但也没事 她想让这个城市被烧掉吗
Who am I, I'm just a simple governor with executive authority to provide a standing army of reservists?
我是谁 我不过是个有点儿行政权的州长 手里还管着一直常备后备军罢了
But I guess calling them out would not be on fleek as the young people—
但我以为安排军队并不是一件好事因为有的年轻人——
You mother..., you swore that that's a thing!
婊子养的 你说过那是件好事的
You swore that on fleek was a thing.
你发誓说on fleek是一件事
They swore to me. I said, on fleek?
他们对我发誓 我问 on fleek是什么
And they said, no, that's a thing. I was like—
他们说 那是一件事 我就——
I am going to...punt you mother...
我——
I know that's a thing. I know that's a thing.
我知道那是件事 我知道
So to the mayor was a little late with her emergency state declaring.
所以对于市长而言 只是紧急情况通报发布得有点儿晚
When should she have done it?
她本应该什么时候做这件事的呢
There is a state of emergency after a night of violence and chaos.
暴乱事件发生后又过去了一夜 紧急情况通知才出来
Was Baltimore caught off guard?
巴尔的摩没有警察了吗
That call should have came in two or three days ago.
这个消息本应该两三天前就出来的
Why was this not in place Saturday or Sunday when the situation began?
为什么不是在事情发生的周六或周日就通知大家
Well, sure, no, they could have declared a state of emergency in Baltimore on Sunday, maybe Saturday, or maybe somewhere in the 1970s.
他们本来可以周日周六在巴尔的摩或在20世纪70年代的某个其他地区通知的
And this seems to indicate the issue in our city emergency alert system.
这似乎暗示着我们的城市应急预警系统出了问题
There appear to be only two points on the scale, normal and on fire.
事件发生只有两种状态 正常和燃烧中
Even volcanoes have a four step warning system.
火山爆发都还有分成四步的预警系统
It doesn't go from clear sky to, the floor is lava!
并不是从蓝天白云直接跳到岩浆横流的啊 而巴尔的摩的暴动
And clearly Baltimore was belching smoke far before Saturday.
早在周六之前就早有预兆
Baltimore's poverty rate is nearly double the national average.
巴尔的摩的贫困率是国家平均水准的两倍
Again, the unemployment rate among young African-American men hovers around 30 percent.
非洲裔美国年轻人的失业率再次达到百分之三十
High school graduation rates for black males are devastatingly low.
黑人男子高中毕业率低 令人惊讶
A lack of access to labor markets, health care, housing.
无法就业 无法就医 没有住房
Has chronic severe drug and crime issues.
慢性严重吸毒和犯罪问题
One of the highest violent crime rates in America.
美国犯罪率最高的地区之一
You know your city is...up when it is last most successful employment program
你们自己知道自己的城市是一滩烂泥 距今最近的你们就业率最高的一段时间
was casting extras for a television show about how...up your city is.
是因为让他们做了一个电视节目展示你们的城市有多烂
And when getting arrested—and when getting arrested is one of your more reliably lucrative options.
一旦被捕——被捕就是你们最可靠的最有利可图的选择
Since 2011, the city of Baltimore has paid out close to $6 million
自2011年开始 巴尔的摩市花了将近6百万美元
in court judgments or settlements to victims of police abuse.
用在法庭断案和遭受到警察暴力对待的受害者的安置上
The police brutality lottery is now $6 million!
警察暴力执法的彩票池现在有6百万美元
All you need is a broken taillight and a dream.
想拿到的话你需要的只是一个被撞坏的尾灯和一场白日梦
And to the police's defense, hey, it's...true.
站在警方的立场说一句 嘿 这是真的
They paid out $6 million.
他们花了6百万美元
I didn't make that up.
这可不是我瞎编的
And by the way, to the police's defense, it is not really their job to fix the whole mess.
顺便说一句 我要为警察说句话 收拾这些烂摊子可不是他们的职责
This has been our response to communities asking for resources.
这就是我们给那些要求更多信息的人的回应
Law enforcement has essentially become a surrogate for jobs, healthcare, education
法律的执行现在变成了就业 医疗 教育
and all the things these communities need to be healthy.
以及所有那些居民日常所需的东西的替代品
It is not sustainable.
这可不是长久之计
Maybe a more nuanced alert system could allow for more productive intervention beyond,
也许一个分层更细致的警告系统可以给人更多疏散时间 而不是
you have ten seconds to disperse.
你们是剩下10秒的时间疏散了
Or we can agree to keep ignoring the roots of how systemically historically disenfranchised
或者我们可以继续忽略导致许多非洲裔美国人的权利被剥夺的历史和系统根源
many African-American communities still are only paying attention to them when we fear their fiery ball of anger threatens to enter our airspace.
直到他们的怒火投向我们 威胁到我们的生活时 我们才给与关注
Like some kind of Alex Haley's comet,
就像亚历克斯·黑利的彗星里写的一样
and once again, breathing a blissful sight of forgetful relief when it is another near-miss.
当再次死里逃生时 长舒一口气 而这时离下次危险也不远了

重点单词   查看全部解释    
comet ['kɔmit]

想一想再看

n. 慧星

 
deploy [di'plɔi]

想一想再看

v. 展开,配置,部署

联想记忆
productive [prə'dʌktiv]

想一想再看

adj. 能生产的,有生产价值的,多产的

联想记忆
executive [ig'zekjutiv]

想一想再看

adj. 行政的,决策的,经营的,[计算机]执行指令

 
chaos ['keiɔs]

想一想再看

n. 混乱,无秩序,混沌

联想记忆
authority [ə'θɔ:riti]

想一想再看

n. 权力,权威,职权,官方,当局

 
violent ['vaiələnt]

想一想再看

adj. 暴力的,猛烈的,极端的

 
scene [si:n]

想一想再看

n. 场,景,情景

 
announcement [ə'naunsmənt]

想一想再看

n. 通知,发表,宣布

联想记忆
lava ['lɑ:və]

想一想再看

n. 熔岩,火山岩

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。