手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 沃克斯独立观点 > 正文

Parker bohn III教你打保龄球(下)

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

A pro bowler adjusts their speed and ball type around this,

专业的球员会围绕上面这一点调整击球的速度和模式
and they have to make all these considerations with every different pattern.
每一种不同的涂漆模式,他们都需要相应地考虑这些因素
And that’s not all.
这,还不算完。
The oil on a lane is constantly changing.
球道上漆的分量一直都在变
As the day progresses, as your league progresses,
随着时间的流逝以及比赛的进行
guess what just happened to your lane? it really started to break down.
你猜球道会怎么样?会受损
See this pattern on the right that Bohn drew? These are from right handed bowlers.
看见Bohn画的这个球道的右半边了吗?这是右手出球的选手造成的
Their balls drag out oil over the course of a day.
他们的球会逐渐把球道上的漆带走
That means bowlers have to compensate
这也就意味着球员们要做一定的调整
by bowling more weakly or closer to the center, because the lane has changed.
比如控制发力,或是靠近中线出球,因为球道已经发生了变化
You can see where this ball has picked up oil.
看见这个球带漆的地方了吗
Look at the lines.
看这个漆的线条
Changing oil makes lanes really complex.
漆量的改变会使球道变得非常复杂
Look right there, you’re gonna see oil there.
看这里,这里可以看到漆
See, there’s some oil right in here we can see.
看见没,这里是有漆的,看见了吧
There is a ball that has brought oil down there.When? We don’t know.
这里的漆是某个球带过来的,什么时候带来的?不知道
That means bowlers have to change their strategy as the lane breaks down.
这就意味着随着球道受损,球手们必须调整比赛策略
If they’re a lefty like Bohn, it even gives them an advantage.
要是Bohn这种左撇子选手,这种变化甚至能给他们带来优势
Fewer people are bowling on their side, so the oil breaks down less.
往他们那边出球的人越少,球道受损的程度越轻
So although a bowling alley might make you think of a basketball court, because of the wood floor,
尽管保龄球球道采用的木质地板会让人联想到篮球场
for pros, it’s more like a golf course, where every hole is different.
但对专业球员来说,它其实更像每个球洞都不一样、
Every lane is different too.
每一个球道也都不一样的高尔夫球场
So how can people who aren’t as good as Parker Bohn III use that to their advantage?
那么问题来了,比Parker Bohn III差的那些选手怎么利用这一点呢?
Let’s say you are a totally recreational bowler.
我们假设,你就是一个纯粹为了玩儿的保龄球爱好者
A high school kid on a Friday night, a half-drunk college student,
比如周五晚上的一个高中生,或者半醉半醒的大学生
a friendless video producer who’s greatest thrill in life was standing on a bowling lane.
又或是一个拍视频制作人,你无依无靠,最大的乐趣就是打打保龄球
You’re not gonna buy a specially engineered ball or take classes on form.
又不想买一个特制的球或是学习相关的课程
Bowling is complex.
保龄球可是很复杂的
啊啊啊啊

This is like advice for the first move of a chess game.

今天这个建议就相当于教你下围棋时第一步怎么走的这么一个建议
But there are ways you can use your oil pattern knowledge to improve your game.
但是还是有一些方法,可以帮你发挥你对涂漆模式的了解,从而提高比赛成绩
This is a house pattern.
这是室内保龄球的一种涂漆模式
You’d find this in a typical neighborhood bowling alley, probably one like yours.
一般的社区保龄球馆就是这种模式,你们社区的很可能也是这种模式
It’s usually about 32 feet, buffed out to 40 feet.
涂漆的部分通常在32英尺到40英尺长,
It’s designed to help you knock down pins.
这种设计是为了让你能够击倒球瓶
All that oil in the center helps you stay longer in the middle
球道中间涂的漆能够帮你的球在中间滚更长时间
if you shoot your ball there, so you won’t hook too early.
如果你往这个地方出球,你的球就不会太早拐弯
Less oil on the side helps you hook earlier if you aim too far from the pocket.
如果你出球的位置较远,球道两边较少的漆能帮你的球更早拐弯
The pros have a really flat pattern like this one in the US open.
专业人士用的球道的涂漆模式比较扁平,就比如美国保龄球公开赛用的这种球道
They get no help at all from the oil.
这种模式帮不上选手们丝毫的忙
But you, you get guided to the middle by the oil.
但你这种普通爱好者的话,中间的涂漆模式是可以给你一些指导的
It’s like an extra bumper! There’s a rule of thumb for where to aim.
简直就是一个双保险!击球点也是有经验可以参考的
If you take whatever the length is, minus 31, that’s the rule of thumb.
不管涂漆段有多长,用它的长度减去31英尺,这就是经验
Minus 31 gives you a very good, formulated idea of where your ball should be at the end of the pattern.
减去31英尺,你的球在涂漆段末段就会处于一个非常好的经过比例计算的状态
In this case, we’re looking at approximately 41 minus 31,
拿这个球道来说,差不多就是41英尺减去31英尺
means that we’re going to be at approximately the 10th board.
也就是说,我们基本上应该朝10号板出球
So shoot for around that 10 board - this arrow,
所以,差不多往10号板,也就是这个箭头所在的位置出球
maybe a little further out for your light ball.
但是你的球比较轻的话,不妨靠球道边缘一点点
And try for that hook.
不信你试试
The lane is built to help you, even if you have a cheap plastic ball and terrible form.
即便你用的是廉价的塑料球,出球姿势也很烂,赛道还是能帮上忙
So maybe this is not you.
所以,也许你不是他
But this doesn't have to be you, either.
但是你也不一定非得跟他一样烂
So if you want to learn more about bowling, this video just scratches the surface.
所以,想了解更多关于保龄球的内容的话,本期视频只能算是隔靴搔痒
One of my favorite channels is the USBC’s Bowling Academy.
我最喜欢的一个频道就是美国保龄球协会的保龄球学院
They have really in-depth videos that will tell you
他们的视频很深刻,能够告诉你
everything you need to know about bowling patterns and also higher strategy when it comes to bowling.
关于保龄球你需要了解的一切涂漆模式,甚至是更高端的一些技巧

重点单词   查看全部解释    
approximately [ə'prɔksimitli]

想一想再看

adv. 近似地,大约

 
pattern ['pætən]

想一想再看

n. 图案,式样,典范,模式,型
v. 以图案

 
academy [ə'kædəmi]

想一想再看

n. 学院,学术,学会

 
hook [huk]

想一想再看

n. 钩状物,勾拳,钩
v. 钩住,弯成(钩装

 
constantly ['kɔnstəntli]

想一想再看

adv. 不断地,经常地

 
typical ['tipikəl]

想一想再看

adj. 典型的,有代表性的,特有的,独特的

 
complex ['kɔmpleks]

想一想再看

adj. 复杂的,复合的,合成的
n. 复合体

联想记忆
advantage [əd'vɑ:ntidʒ]

想一想再看

n. 优势,有利条件
vt. 有利于

联想记忆
strategy ['strætidʒi]

想一想再看

n. 战略,策略

 
plastic ['plæstik, plɑ:stik]

想一想再看

adj. 塑料的,可塑的,造型的,整形的,易受影响的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。