手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 科学秀 > 正文

我们离完美的智能家居时代还有多远

来源:可可英语 编辑:Ceciliya   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

This episode of SciShow is brought to you by Emerson. Visit Emerson.com/WeLoveSTEM to learn more.

本期科学秀由Emerson为您呈现。登录Emerson.com/WeLoveSTEM,了解更多内容。
There are all kinds of things that connect to the internet these days,
如今各种事物都与互联网相关联,
from smart refrigerators that tell you when your food is expired,
从能够提醒你食物何时过期的智能冰箱,
to office lights you can turn off with your smartphone.
到可以通过智能手机管控的办公室灯。
Together, this collection of smart devices is called the Internet of Things,
这些智能设备的集合被称为物联网,
and it's changing how we run our homes, stores, and even restaurants.
物联网改变了我们家庭、商店甚至餐厅的运营模式。
But someday it might be able to do a whole lot more.
但假以时日,物联网还能够做更多。
In the futuristic, perfectly-automated smart homes you see in comic books and sci-fi, the house basically runs itself.
在连环漫画和科幻小说中才能看到的未来主义完全自动的智能家居中,房子主要都靠自己运转。
It knows exactly what you need at any time, and there's a virtual assistant that can answer questions and control appliances.
智能家居能够准确知道你的随时所需,还有一名虚拟助手能够回答问题并管理设备。
We're not quite there yet, but a future with smart buildings that can do all those things isn't as far off as you might think.
当然我们还没到那一步,但能够完成所有事情的未来智能建筑离我们并没有那么远。
There are just a few main types of technology that we need to develop first,
首先我们需要开发几种主要类型的科技,
and the good news is, we're well on our way to figuring them out.
好消息是,在这个开发过程中,我们进行的还不错。
For a real smart home, you'd need a system powerful enough to keep all your devices perfectly in-sync,
真正的智能家居,你需要一个足够强大的系统保证你的所有设备同步运行、
communicating with each other, and aware of what's happening all around the house.
相互交流并能够对家中周围所发生的事情有所意识。
So, when your smart alarm clock goes off in the morning,
因此,当你的智能闹钟在清晨响起,
it might turn on the lights in the living room, start a pot of coffee, and turn the TV on to your favorite channel.
同时还能开启卧室的灯、启动咖啡壶并打开电视调到你喜欢的频道。
But the system would also need to be advanced enough to know if your roommate is already up and watching TV, so it wouldn't change the channel.
但是系统还需要足够先进才能知道你的室友是否准备起床并看电视,这样它才不会换台。
A system like that would need some powerful hardware, and a little speaker on your kitchen counter,
这样的系统需要一些强大的硬件以及一个厨房柜台中的小扬声器,
at the moment, isn't going to cut it. But there's a pretty good workaround.
而目前还无法做到。但还是有一种相当好的变通方案。
Most smart devices are already connected to a remote,
大多数智能设备都已与一个
more powerful central computer that takes care of the advanced data-processing stuff.
更加强大的远程中央计算机相连,用于维护先进的数据处理器。
So you wouldn't need a supercomputer at home to run all the complicated programs that would keep track of everything
所以你不需要在家中放一台超级计算机来运转所有复杂程序,用于追踪所有数据
and figure out the best way to automate your house.
并为家庭自动化的运转提出最好方法。
The data would just be sent to that remote computer over the internet,
只用通过互联网将数据传送至远程电脑中,
which would process it and then send instructions back to your devices.
远程电脑能够对数据进行处理并将指令返回至你的设备之中。
But even with enough computer power for a connected system,
但就算连接系统有足够强大的电脑系统,
you still need to design software capable of automating an entire house.
还是需要设计出一种能够自动运转整个房子的软件。
We have assistants on smartphones, but they're not that great.
我们的智能手机中有各种助手,但它们还未达到那样的要求。
They're only built to understand certain types of commands, and they still get confused. A lot.
它们还只能理解某种指令类型,就算这样它们还会变的混乱,经常这样。
To make that perfect virtual butler, we'll need advances in two fields of computer science:
要开发出那样完美的管家,我们还需要在计算机科学的两个领域做出改进:
natural language processing and machine learning.
自然语言处理和机器学习。
Natural language processing is centered around designing programs that can understand us the way we naturally speak.
自然语言处理以设计程序为中心,这样它们就能理解我们自然说话的方式。
That means your smart home would have to understand original sentences,
这就意味着你的智能家居将必须理解原句、
their context, words with different meanings,
内容以及同词不同意的词语,

我们离完美的智能家居时代还有多远

and all of the other things that make up language but because language is so complicated,

以及组织成语言的其他事物,但由于语言非常复杂,
we probably won't have computers that can do that perfectly for quite a while.
此时我们可能无法开发出这么完美的电脑。
One thing that could help, though, is machine learning, where computers gather data and teach themselves.
虽然机器学习可以帮忙,机器学习是计算机收集数据和自学的模块。
So instead of programming a billion words and grammar rules into a smart home, the software could just teach itself what to do.
无需进行十亿字的编程也无需将语法规则传入智能家居中,这种软件能够自学。
Devices all over the world would collect data on the commands people gave them and then adapt their programming and algorithms in response.
世界上的设备能够收集人类发出的指令,然后改编编程和算法。
You probably already have an assistant on your phone that uses a version of this.
你的手机中可能已经用上这样版本的助手了。
That's how it learns about things like new slang or fashion trends.
手机助手通过这样的方法学习新的俚语或潮流。
We just, of course, have not gotten to the point where they can learn to understand us perfectly.
当然我们只是不需要告诉它们怎样才能够完全地理解我们。
And, honestly… I don't understand what people are talking about these days sometimes.
老实说...我也不太理解现代人类在说些什么呀。
With more advanced machine learning, your home could figure out how to answer every question you could possibly ask it.
有了更先进的机器学习,你的房子能够算出该如何回答每个你可能提出的问题。
Based on the data it collected, it could just learn to only suggest dinner recipes after 5PM or only brew decaf coffee afternoon.
基于这些它收集的数据,它能够在下午五点后,仅提醒晚餐或是下午冲泡一杯低卡咖啡。
So if you've ever wanted a virtual butler waiting on you hand and foot, there's still hope.
因此如果你曾想要一名服侍你的虚拟管家,还是有希望的。
Finally, and maybe most importantly, your smart home would need to be totally secure.
最后,也许最重要的是,你的智能家庭需要绝对安全。
Besides having routers or other devices to protect your WiFi network from snoopers,
除了路由器或其他保护Wifi网络不受窃取程式侵入的设备外,
the devices in your home would need to be able to shut down attacks.
你家里的设备还需要能够抵御攻击。
Everything connected to the internet would be an access point for the rest of your wireless network.
和互联网相连接的事物是其余无线网络的接入点。
So hackers could use something like a smart fish tank to get to the rest of your accounts and passwords.
因此,黑客能够利用像智能鱼缸这样的设备获取你其他的账号和密码。
Which sounds ridiculous, but that's exactly what happened to a casino last summer.
这听起来很可笑,但去年夏天一个赌场里就发生这种情况。
A perfect smart home would need to be protected against both current attacks
一个完美的智能家庭需要被保护起来不受当前攻击
and any vulnerabilities that are discovered after the appliances are built.
不受任何设备建立后所发现的脆弱点的攻击。
Not all companies think about that when they're building something small, like a fish tank.
当制造一些小型的类似鱼缸一样的东西时,不是所有公司都能考虑到这一点。
So everyone would have to get on board.
所以每个人都有可能入伙。
And your house would still need to protect itself
而你的房子仍需要自我保护
even if the company that made your devices went out of business or stopped updating its software.
即使你的设备生产公司破产或者停止软件升级。
Like, you shouldn't need to buy a brand-new fridge after a year
比如,你不应该一年后在购买这个全新冰箱
because the startup that built it went under and there's a new virus going around.
因为设备生产的创业公司破产的话,新的设备病毒就会四处传播。
To get that perfect smart home security, we'll need to figure out ways to keep updating all of our appliances,
要保证完美智能家居的安全,我们需要计算出设备不断更新的方法,
no matter how small, and to make sure those updates are sustainable in the long run.
不论设备有多小都要确保这些更新的长期有效运行。
Perfect smart buildings will transform our lives someday.
完美的智能建筑将来能够改变我们的生活。
From how we live to how we shop to how we do our jobs.
从如何生活、如何购物到如何完成工作。
But there are a lot of developments in computer science to be made before that can happen.
在此发生之前,计算机科学还需要继续发展。
So for now, our technology isn't quite perfect yet. But we're getting there.
而如今我们的技术还不够完美。但我们仍在努力。
Thanks for watching this episode of SciShow, and thanks to Emerson for sponsoring it.
感谢收看本期科学秀,感谢Emerson的赞助。
If you want to support us, check out Emerson.com/WeLoveSTEM to learn a little bit more about what Emerson's about.
如果想支持我们,点击 Emerson.com/WeLoveSTEM了解更多。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
secure [si'kjuə]

想一想再看

adj. 安全的,牢靠的,稳妥的
vt. 固定

联想记忆
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
original [ə'ridʒənl]

想一想再看

adj. 最初的,原始的,有独创性的,原版的

联想记忆
transform [træns'fɔ:m]

想一想再看

vt. 转换,变形
vi. 改变
n

联想记忆
channel ['tʃænl]

想一想再看

n. 通道,频道,(消息)渠道,海峡,方法
v

联想记忆
ridiculous [ri'dikjuləs]

想一想再看

adj. 荒谬的,可笑的

联想记忆
current ['kʌrənt]

想一想再看

n. (水、气、电)流,趋势
adj. 流通的

联想记忆
response [ri'spɔns]

想一想再看

n. 回答,响应,反应,答复
n. [宗

联想记忆
protect [prə'tekt]

想一想再看

vt. 保护,投保

联想记忆
counter ['kauntə]

想一想再看

n. 计算器,计算者,柜台
[计算机] 计数器

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。