手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 囧司徒每日秀视频 > 正文

《人口贩卖受害者保护法》引争议

来源:可可英语 编辑:Vicki   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Today I'm gonna announce officially that I'll be hosting a new show for c-span called Hatewatch with Jon Stewart.

今天 我正式宣布 我将主持c-span的一档新节目 《囧司徒讨厌秀》
Here's a sneak preview.
先睹为快吧
Coming up next on c-span 2 Jon Stewart looks at congress in c-span's new show, Hatewatch.
C-span 2 接下来将播出的是囧司徒带你看国会 欢迎收看《囧司徒讨厌秀》
Then at 11:30 p.m., on book TV, author Michio Kaku
晚间十一点半 作家加莱道雄将在读书栏目
discusses the challenges of writing a memoir when there's a bee trapped in your office.
为大家讲述如何在办公室有一只蜜蜂嗡嗡嗡的情况下撰写回忆录
Hi, everybody.
大家好
Welcome to Hatewatch on c-span 2, I'm Jon Stewart.
欢迎收看c-span 2 的讨厌秀 我是囧司徒
Why don't we take a look today and see what our congress is up to?
一起来看今天国会的议题
A bipartisan bill to provide assistance to human trafficking victims
两党一项关于向被拐卖的受害人提供帮助
and additional resources to law enforcement has gotten stuck in the senate.
及向执法部门提供信息的法案未在参议院获得通过
Mother—so it appears the senate is stuck on a bill
我——所以参议院搁置了一项

《人口贩卖受害者保护法》引争议

I'm sure every American who's not currently actively involved in trafficking humans for sex would support.

每个现在没参与拐卖的美国人都会支持的法案
That sounds like something I would hate.
听起来是我会讨厌的事
Tell me more.
继续
Democrats had joined republicans in unanimous support of the bill in committee
民主党共和党正争论一项原本双方共同支持的一项法案
but are now fighting to strip out Hyde amendment language.
争论焦点是是否剔除法案中可能违反海德修正案的条款
Ah yes, the Hyde amendment, named for the action that republicans apparently have to take
哦 海德修正案啊
to get the anti-abortion language into all bills.
共和党每次想把反堕胎塞进法案里时就会这么干
Let's hide it over here, let's hide it over—
把它藏在这儿 藏在那儿
the Hyde amendment blocks the use of federal money for abortions,
海德修正案禁止将联邦政府的钱用于堕胎
because just because a procedure is completely legal doesn't mean it has to be treated that way.
因为即使该过程已完全合法 并不意味着人们就必须这么做
I see what's happened, a little bit of republican what we at c-span two call...
我明白了 我们c-span把这种事叫做共和党的操蛋手段
How did the sex trafficking bill get passed committee without any not republicans complaining.
但如果有非共和党人士反对这一法案 那它是怎么获得一致通过的呢
Democrats do admit that when this bill went through the senate judiciary committee and was approved by both democrats and republicans,
民主党人士承认 该法案在参议员司法委员会投票并由两党通过时
they didn't read it fully.
他们并未看完法案内容
You didn't read it fully.
你们没看完哈
What, did you just skim it to see if your name was mentioned?
那你们是直接跳到最后 看上面有没有你们的名字吗
Mom! I'm in the bill!
妈 你看 法案上有我的名字呢
We didn't know it was in the bill.
我们不知道法案上有这些内容
You can blame it on staff, blame it on whoever you want to blame it on.
你们要怪就怪职员们 或者想怪谁怪谁吧
How about I blame not reading the bill on you?
如果我想怪你没看完法案呢
Senator Harry Reid, the guy in charge of senate democrats whose last name is literally Reid.
参议员哈里·雷德 参议院民主党老大 你还姓Reid(与read同音)呢
How did you not read this bill?
你怎么就没看
It'd be like going to john waters' house and finding out all of his plants are dead.
就跟去约翰·华特家 却发现所有植物都死了一样(water作姓时为华特 作动词为浇水)
John, why didn't you your last name them!
约翰 为什么你不 姓(浇水)啊
Well, it appears... and dumbassery are running neck and neck to stymie the human sex trafficking bill everyone agrees should be a law.
听起来垃圾和蠢蠢要协力阻止此法案的通过了 尽管每个人都觉得这项法案应该通过
As represented here by said ...and dumbasses.
分别由垃圾派和蠢蠢派代表来陈述
A republican judiciary committee staffer sent a democratic staffer a summary of changes to the previous version of the bill in seven bullet points.
一位司法委员会的共和党人士将一份新版本的修改摘要发给了一位民主党人士 其中包括七个重点部分
Guess what. They left out the change they made.
猜猜怎么着 他们遗漏了改动部分
Republicans announcing that trusting them was a mistake.
这就相当于共和党公开宣布自己不值得信任
Really? You think?
真的吗 你是这么想的吗
You think that trusting the republicans was a mistake you know who that's on?
你觉得共和党不值得信任 猜猜这帐要算在谁头上
It's the same way nobody blames the bears in Grizzly Man
就像《灰熊人》里的熊
for eating the delicious-looking meat sack who kept sticking his hands in their poop.
不会因吃掉那个看起来很美味 还总是把手往他们便便里戳的人而受到指责一样
Because they're bears.
因为他们是熊啊
You know what, perhaps now it's time on Hatewatch to go to the phones.
现在是时候进入讨厌秀的接电话环节了
Hatewatch phone calls sponsored by Arby's.
本环节由Arby's赞助
Arby's, bringing Washington-style gridlock to your colon.
Arby's 将华盛顿式饱腹感(僵局)带给你的肠子
Just call the number on your screen, call to get in on our—
拨打屏幕上的电话 以便参与——
It looks like we have our first caller.
好像有人打进来了
Now obviously since this is C-span the caller will probably be a non-screened, unapologetic racist.
因为这里是C-span 因此这位打电话的人可能会是一位相貌平平 毫无歉意的种族主义者
Let's take a look.
一起来看看
You're on the air.
我们的通话正在直播
Jon, clearly the problem here is black people don't have an American work ethic and can't really understand civilization,
很明显 问题在于黑人完全不理解美国人的职业道德 也无法理解社会文明
so as long as president Broke o'Bummer is in office oppressing white people—
所以 只要布罗克·奥布姆总统还在任上欺压白人——
Okay goodbye.
好的 再见
Let's return to our examination of how a bipartisan sex trafficking bill is stuck in the senate.
我们接着聊为什么一项两党间的反对以从事性行业为目的的人口拐卖法案无法在参议院通过
I believe majority leader Mitch Mcconnell would like to make a disingenuous point.
我相信多数党领袖米奇·麦康纳一定有个没什么诚意的观点
Let's not filibuster bipartisan help for vulnerable victims just to make a point for left-wing special interest groups.
不要为了让左翼特殊利益组织出头而阻挠为受害者提供帮助的法案
How dare—the only reason the language is in there is because you're bowing down to right-wing special interest—
你怎么敢——这些导致法案不通过的语句之所以出现就是因为你想右派特殊利益组织低头啊——
You know, son of a bitch! I wanna—let me tell you something!
婊子养的 我要——我告诉你
Turtle man!
缩头乌龟
I, you know what—I just, I need a moment. I need a moment.
我 我需要一些时间 我要冷静一下
Up next we'll train our cameras on an empty podium long before anyone approaches it to speak.
接下来 我们会把镜头转向一个空空的讲台 直到有人上来发言为止
All right. I'm okay, I'm okay. All right.
好了 我没事了
Unless senator Mcconnell is about to in the immediate aftermath of complaining
除非麦康纳议员立即谴责民主党
that the democrats are using an unrelated issue to hold up important senate business—
用无关事务阻挠参议院重要事务——
Hold up important senate business with an unrelated issue.
用无关事务阻碍参议员会议进程
Senate majority leader Mitch Mcconnell says he will put off a confirmation vote on attorney general nominee Loretta Lynch
参议院多数党领袖米奇·麦康纳称将推迟提名罗利泰·林奇为司法部长的最终投票
until the senate passes a human trafficking bill.
直到参议院通过拐卖人口法案为止
You're doing the same thing—help! Help! Help!
你们做的事有什么差别啊——救命 救命
We now rejoin live a reenactment of a civil war book panel.
我们将临时直播一本有关重现美国南北战争的著作的读者见面会
Blah, blah, blah gettysburg.
……葛底斯堡
Oh so witty, north freedom, blah, blah, blah,
太聪明了 北方的自由……
Look at my hair, I'm so old I wear a bow tie! Fascinating...
看我头发 我年纪大了 所以系了个领结 好棒啊
All right. Well, it appears the failure of the sex trafficking bill to pass the senate would seal the victory for ...in this case
好吧 看来未能通过法案标志着垃圾派在此事上的胜利
but we won't sure until the vote on the senate floor accompanied by classical music to make you feel smart.
但谁也不能确定最终结果 直到大厅响起了古典音乐 让人觉得自己耳聪目明
Actually, you know what, this is just taking too long.
事实上 我觉得这音乐太长了
I'm gonna make another announcement.
我宣布另一件事吧
Six and a half minutes ago, c-span 2 gave me an incredible opportunity to host this show.
六分半钟以前 c-span 2 给了我一个很好的机会让我来主持这档节目
But I think now it's time for someone else, anyone else.
但我觉得时候把机会让给别人了 随便谁都行
Hatewatch doesn't deserve a host who's even slightly nauseous.
讨厌秀并不需要我这样一个轻易就能被恶心到的主持人
Now I don't know when I'll be leaving Hatewatch.
不知道什么时候我会离开这个节目
Oh yes, I do. Right now. Wow!
哦 我知道了 就是现在

重点单词   查看全部解释    
democratic [.demə'krætik]

想一想再看

adj. 民主的,大众的,平等的

联想记忆
immediate [i'mi:djət]

想一想再看

adj. 立即的,即刻的,直接的,最接近的

联想记忆
turtle ['tə:tl]

想一想再看

n. 海龟

联想记忆
unanimous [ju'næniməs]

想一想再看

adj. 全体一致的,一致同意的

联想记忆
vulnerable ['vʌlnərəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 易受伤害的,有弱点的

联想记忆
podium ['pəudiəm]

想一想再看

n. 讲台,矮墙,腰墙,突出的座席 n. [生]管足

联想记忆
incredible [in'kredəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 难以置信的,惊人的

 
opportunity [.ɔpə'tju:niti]

想一想再看

n. 机会,时机

 
senator ['senətə]

想一想再看

n. 参议员

联想记忆
screen [skri:n]

想一想再看

n. 屏,幕,银幕,屏风
v. 放映,选拔,掩

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。