手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 柯登深夜秀 > 正文

租妈妈服务来了

来源:可可英语 编辑:Vicki   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Being an adult is hard. Right? Isn't it?

当成年人是很累的 不是吗
When you were a kid, having your mom around made things so much easier.
你还小的时候 你妈妈总会在你身边帮你轻松解决一切
It really did.
真的
Which is why one woman in Brooklyn is offering her services for $40 an hour as a rent-a-mom.
所以 一位来自布鲁克林的女士推出了一项40块一小时租妈妈的服务
Don't believe me? Take a look.
不相信吗 一起来看
Having a rough day and just want your mom?
生活艰难 只想回到母亲的怀抱
Meet a Brooklyn mom of two.
布鲁克林一位两个孩子的母亲来帮你忙
For just 40 bucks an hour she offers herself as a rental mom.
只要一小时40块 她就可以提供母亲出租服务
Need-a-mom caters to 20-25-year-old Millennium in need of good, old-fashioned mothering.
租妈妈 服务20到25岁的 需要传统呵护方式的人士
It's amazing. The rent-a-mom provides services such as sewing buttons on your shirts,
太好了吧 租妈妈服务提供包括缝衬衫上的扣子
baking your favorite desserts and calling you at 6 a.m. on a Saturday
烤你最爱的甜品和周六早上6点叫你起床的服务
because she can't remember how to set the D.V.R.
因为她不记得怎么设置录像机

租妈妈服务来了

It's got to be uncomfortable when your real mom notices all your shirts are ironed

如果你自己的妈妈发现你所有的衬衫扣子都缝好了
and your bed is made and goes,
床也收拾好了 她一定会不开心 她会说
wait a minute, have you been seeing other moms?
等会儿 你去见了你别的妈了吗
Her site has a disclaimer that says, quote,
她的住址附近还贴着一张声明 是这样写的
if you need professional help in any area,
如果你需要任何领域的专业人士的帮助
need-a-mom can refer you to real doctors, therapists, and treatment centers.
租妈妈可以帮你找到真正的医生 理疗师 和诊疗中心
And a good way to know that you need actual professional help
判断你自己需要专业帮助的依据就是
is that you just tried renting a fake mom on the internet.
你试图在网上租一个假的妈妈
I mean, she does do everything a mom would do for $40 an hour.
当然 只要你给他一小时40块 她就会为你做任何一个母亲都会做的事
You know somewhere out there, right now a prostitute is watching this like
要知道 在某个地方 一个妓女目睹了这一切的发生
wait a second, you're telling me I could just be folding shirts?
等会儿 你是说 我的工作只剩下叠衬衫了
Now, this is way more popular than the rent-an-uncle service.
租妈妈服务比租叔叔可受欢迎多了
When you rent an uncle, he just comes around, drinks all your beer
如果你租个叔叔 他只会到处走来走去 喝光你的啤酒
and then follows your girlfriend on Instagram.
还在Ins上关注你的女朋友
But if renting a mom isn't for you,
但如果你不喜欢租妈妈
but you still want to feel like a kid again, don't worry.
但又想体验当孩子的感觉 别着急
Because someone in Brooklyn, is offering enrollment in a preschool for adults.
布鲁克林有人开了一间供大人上学的学前班
Right. I mean, look.
嗯 看吧
There are a lot of annoying things about that video,
这个视频里让人生气的地方真是太多了
but first of all, how annoying is it to hear a British accent on television?
但首先 在电视上听到英国口音真的很让人生气是吧
Oh hellooooo!
哦 你好
Oh, cup of tea!
哦 来杯茶
It is awful, isn't it? Why anyone do that?
太烦了 不是吧 怎么会有人这么干
The second annoying thing is that that woman charges $1,000 per customer. Right?
第二烦的就是这位女士没人收1000块
I mean, this idea would never fly on shark tank. Would it?
这主意永远都上不了《鲨鱼坦克》 不是吗
Hello sharks. I'm going to start up a preschool for adults.
你好啊 鲨鱼 我要给成年人开一个学前学校
I'll see myself out. Don't worry about it.
我自己出去 别担心
Seriously, adult preschool?
没搞错吧 成人学前学校
Why is it that any time you have adult before something it immediately becomes creepy or sad or both?
为什么每次八成人两个字加在什么东西前面都会感觉很恐怖 或很悲伤 或者两种感觉都有
Think about it. Adult bookstore. Right?
看 成人书店 不是吗
Adult diapers.
成人尿布
Adult Michael Jackson.
成人迈克尔·杰克逊
What? I'm just saying.
怎么了 我就说说而已啊
I have to say, this has got to be one of the only schools in the world that doesn't have a cool kid's table.
不得不说 这是世界上仅存的几家没有小孩子气的书桌的学校之一了
Because if you're there, you're all losers. Do you know what I mean?
因为如果你去了这个学校 你就是失败者 明白吗
Why do we need rent a moms and adult preschools?
我们要租妈妈和成人学前学校干什么
Being a 26-year-old is already more like being a child than at any other point in history.
现在的26岁成人已经是世界历史上最像小孩儿的了
200 years ago, by your mid-20s you already had a family of seven
200年前 25岁左右的人已经有了一个七口之家
and were working double shifts at the coal mine.
开始在矿井里两班倒的工作了
Today the biggest challenge of your mid-20's is when uber is buffering.
今天25岁左右的年轻人面临过的最大的问题也不过就是打的车还没到

重点单词   查看全部解释    
annoying [ə'nɔiiŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 恼人的,讨厌的

 
challenge ['tʃælindʒ]

想一想再看

n. 挑战
v. 向 ... 挑战

 
folding ['fəuldiŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 可折叠的 动词fold的现在分词

 
shark [ʃɑ:k]

想一想再看

n. 鲨鱼
n. 贪婪的人,放高利贷的人,老手

 
uncomfortable [ʌn'kʌmftəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 不舒服的,不自在的

 
tank [tæŋk]

想一想再看

n. 坦克,箱,罐,槽,贮水池
vt. 把 .

 
rough [rʌf]

想一想再看

adj. 粗糙的,粗略的,粗暴的,艰难的,讨厌的,不适的

 
popular ['pɔpjulə]

想一想再看

adj. 流行的,大众的,通俗的,受欢迎的

联想记忆
quote [kwəut]

想一想再看

n. 引用
v. 引述,举证,报价

联想记忆
professional [prə'feʃənl]

想一想再看

adj. 职业的,专业的,专门的
n. 专业人

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。