手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

怎么制作纸飞机

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hey guys, Squeaks and I are making paper airplanes!

嗨,大家好!我和吱吱正要制作纸飞机!
We're trying to make different kinds and see how high they fly.
我们打算制作不同的纸飞机,看它们是如何飞行的。
You want to join us? Just grab some paper and we'll make one together.
你也想和我们一起做吗?那就拿几张纸,和我们一起做。
Let's start by folding the paper in half, kind of like a hot dog bun.
我们先把纸对折,看起来有点像热狗面包。
Then unfold it again and lay it flat. Now, fold down the top two corners.
然后再展开它,把它平放。现在,把顶上的两个角折下来。
Try to line up each corner so that it reaches all the way to the fold in the middle.
试着对齐两角,这样它就可以一直延伸到中折线了。
Now stop and take a look.
现在停下来看看。
So far you should have a piece of paper that looks like a square at the bottom with two triangles on top.
到目前为止,你的纸看起来应该是底部一个正方形,上面两个三角形。
If that's what yours looks like, then let's keep going.
如果你的纸是这样的,那就继续。
Find the outer corner of each triangle and fold the triangle over so that corner touches the middle fold too.
找到两个三角形外面的角,把它们对折,这样每个角就能挨到中折线了。
Now, close up your paper and flip it over.
现在,把纸合起来,翻过去。
Fold down each side, just about half way, to make wings.
把两边折到大约一半,作为翅膀。
And you've got a paper airplane. Let's see how it does.
这样你就做成纸飞机了。我们看看它飞得如何。
That was pretty good, but how does a paper airplane fly?
飞得不错,但纸飞机是如何飞行的呢?
Well, it's all about forces.
这都和力有关。
And in fact, the forces that help paper airplanes glide are the same ones that keep a real airplane flying high in the sky.
事实上,帮助纸飞机滑翔的力和让一架真飞机在空中翱翔的力是一样的。
A force is something that pushes or pulls on something else,
力是推拉物体的东西,
and there are a couple of different forces that act on your paper airplane to make it fly.
使纸飞机飞行的力有几种。
First, you need a force that creates forward movement.
首先,你需要推动物体移动的力。
That kind of force is called thrust.
这种力叫做推力。
In real airplanes, thrust is created by engines
在真飞机上,推力是由引擎产生的,
which make the jet move forward by taking in a bunch of air and then pushing it out the back really fast.
引擎先吸入一堆空气然后把它快速向后喷射,以此推动飞机向前。

plane.jpg

But our airplane is just made out of paper, no engines, so where are you going to get the thrust?

但我们的飞机是用纸做的,没有引擎,那么它从哪儿获得的推力呢?
That's right, from you. When you throw a paper airplane, you're providing the thrust by pushing the plane forward.
没错,你自己。你在抛纸飞机时,通过推动飞机向前为它提供了推力。
After that initial push, your plane doesn't get any more thrust, it just glides,
在最初的推动之后,飞机没再获得推力就会滑行,
which is one of the reasons that it eventually falls to the ground.
这是它最终掉在地上的原因之一。
We don't just want our plane to go forward, we want it to float on the air,
我们不只想让飞机前进,还想让它浮在空中,
so we need another force to get our airplane flying high.
所以我们需要另外的力来让飞机飞高。
This one's called lift, and it comes from the shape of the plane.
这种力叫做升力,它来自于飞机的形状。
Try making an unfolded piece of paper fly. It's hard.
试着让一张展开的纸飞起来,很难。
That's because the paper needs sturdy wings in order to fly,
那是因为纸需要坚固的翅膀才能飞,
but when your airplane's wings slice through the air, they create lift.
但是当你的飞机机翼划破空气时,就会产生升力。
As your plane moves, the wings push air out of the way,
你的飞机移动时,机翼会将空气向外推,
but the air has to go somewhere,
但空气必须有去处,
so it quickly gets out of the way by moving up and over the wing,
所以它快速地向上,越过机翼飞出去,
and the faster that air moves over the wing, the less time it has to push down on it,
空气流经机翼的速度越快,它把机翼往下推的时间越短,
so the air above the wing is pushing on the plane less than the air below it.
所以机翼上方的空气比下面的空气要少。
This force makes the plane go up.
这种力使得飞机上升。
A big airplane needs more lift to get off the ground than a small airplane,
大飞机起飞所需的升力比小飞机要多,
that's why bigger planes need bigger wings.
这就是为什么大飞机需要更大的机翼。
Now, the plane that you and I made doesn't have a whole lot of lift because the wings are so thin,
你我的飞机升力不大是因为机翼太薄,
so in order to fly this airplane needs a whole lot of thrust,
所以让飞机飞行需要大量的推力,
which means you need to throw it hard.
也就是说你需要用力扔。
But, there are lots of different ways to make paper airplanes,
但是制作纸飞机的方法有很多,
all with different shapes that make the most out of the forces that help them fly.
它们都有不同的形状,能最大限度地利用帮助它们飞行的力量。
So the next time you're looking for a fun indoor activity,
所以你下次寻找有趣的室内活动时,
just grab some paper and start folding,
就拿几张纸开始叠,
and if you come up with an airplane design that you're really proud of, send us a picture.
如果你想出了引以为豪的飞机设计,就给我们发个图片。
And if you have any questions about anything at all,
如果你对什么事情有疑问,
get an adult to help you leave a comment below
找个大人帮忙留言
or email us to kids@thescishow.com and we'll see you next time.
或发邮件至kids@thescishow.com,我们下期见!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
eventually [i'ventjuəli]

想一想再看

adv. 终于,最后

 
plane [plein]

想一想再看

adj. 平的,与飞机有关的
n. 飞机,水平

 
fold [fəuld]

想一想再看

n. 折层,折痕
vt. 折叠,包,交叉,拥抱

 
glide [glaid]

想一想再看

n. 滑动,滑过,流水
v. 滑动,滑翔,溜走

 
unfold [ʌn'fəuld]

想一想再看

v. 展开,开放,显露

 
triangle ['traiæŋgl]

想一想再看

n. 三角(形)

联想记忆
sturdy ['stə:di]

想一想再看

adj. 强健的,健全的

联想记忆
movement ['mu:vmənt]

想一想再看

n. 活动,运动,移动,[音]乐章

联想记忆
slice [slais]

想一想再看

n. 薄片,切片
vt. 切成薄片,削

 
folding ['fəuldiŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 可折叠的 动词fold的现在分词

 

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 多姿多彩的星系 2018-01-01
  • 耳朵为什么会疼 2018-01-03
  • 小苏打与醋会发生什么反应 2018-01-08
  • 冰川故事早知道 2018-01-09
  • 桥梁怎样才能更坚固 2018-01-11
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。