Welcome to English @ the Movies, where we teach you American English heard at the movies.
欢迎来到《看电影学英语》节目,我们在这里教授你在电影中听到的美式英语。
Our saying today is "fit in", from "The Emoji Movie".
我们今天的短语是fit in,出自《表情奇幻冒险》。
This film tells a story involving emojis, the images use to express emotions in text messages.
这部电影讲述的是一个有关emoji(表情符号)的故事。emoji指的是在文字信息中用来表达情绪的图片。
And an emoji named Gene wants to be normal.
电影中,一个名叫吉恩的表情想要变回正常。
For him, that means having just one expression instead of many.
对他来说,这就意味着只保留一种表情,而不是许多种。
Listen for the saying "fit in".
留意听一下fit in这个短语。
I'm an emoji. I've got to have some sort of purpose here.
我是一个表情。我一定是有作用的。
I'm going to help you. We need to get off the phone and find the source code.
我会帮你的。我们需要从手机中离开,找到源代码。
Then I can fit in! Let's roll!
然后我就能融入进去了!我们出发吧!
So what is the meaning of "fit in"?
那么,fit in是什么意思呢?
Is it: to belong to the group or be the right size?
是归于某一群体还是尺寸合适?
Listen again. Were you correct?
再听一遍。你答对了吗?
I'm an emoji. I've got to have some sort of purpose here.
我是一个表情。我一定是有作用的。
I'm going to help you. We need to get off the phone and find the source code.
我会帮你的。我们需要从手机中离开,找到源代码。
Then I can fit in! Let's roll!
然后我就能融入进去了!我们出发吧!
"Fit in" means to belong to a group.
Fit in指的就是归于一个群体。
It means you are accepted by others because you are like them.
它的意思是说你会被其他人所接纳,因为你和他们相似。
Gene did not want to be differ from other emojis.
吉恩不想和其他的表情有所区别。
He just wanted to be normal.
他只想要变回正常。
Many people say that they too just want to fit in.
许多人会说他们只是太想融入进来了。
And that is English @ the Movies. I'm Ambor.
以上就是今天的《看电影学英语》,我是安博尔。