手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

指甲有什么作用

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

And you see? They're done!

你看到了吗?它们被剪过了!
I've been showing Squeaks how I trim my fingernails this morning.
今天早上,我向吱吱展示我是如何修剪指甲的。
He doesn't have any nails, so he was really curious.
他没有指甲,所以很好奇。
Oh, I trim my fingernails for some of the same reasons that I cut my hair.
哦,我修剪指甲的原因和剪头发的原因相同。
Just like hair, fingernails and toenails are constantly growing,
就像头发一样,指甲和脚趾甲不断得生长,
so I cut them to keep them from getting too long.
所以我把它们剪了,以免它们太长。
And if I keep them to a good length, they can be really useful!
如果我保持着合适的长度,它们真的很有用!
Nails start growing down at the base of your nail, right under a thin bit of skin called the cuticle.
指甲从指甲根部开始生长,后者在一层叫做角质层的薄皮肤下面。
As the nail grows, it gets longer and longer,
指甲越长越长,
until it grows past the part of your finger called the nail bed,
直到它超过手指中的甲床部分,
that's the part underneath your fingernail that looks pink.
甲床是指甲下面的部分,看起来是粉红色的。
Nails grow really, really slowly, so you might not notice them growing every day. But they do!
指甲长得非常非常得慢,所以你每天不会察觉到它们的生长!但它们确实在生长!
And when my nails grow longer than the nail bed,
当我的指甲长得比甲床长时,
I sometimes like to trim them to make them short again.
我有时喜欢修剪它们,让它们再次变短。
The clippers trim away the ends of your fingernails or toenails,
指甲钳把指甲或脚趾甲的末端修剪掉,
but not your fingers or toes, so it's very safe.
但不会修剪手指或脚趾,所以它很安全。
It's important to take good care of your nails,
爱护你的指甲很重要,
because they're an awesome tool that you keep on your body.
因为它们是你身体上一个了不起的工具。

thumb.png

Yep, a tool. Nails are useful because they work a lot like other animals' claws.

是的,一个工具。指甲很有用,因为它们和其他动物的爪子很像。
Lots of animals have claws on their paws, from dogs and cats to squirrels and bears.
很多动物的脚爪上都有爪子,从猫狗到松鼠和熊都是。
These claws are made of something called keratin,
这些爪子是由角质形成的,
the same stuff that makes up some other animal body parts, like hair, fur, feathers and horns.
它与动物的其他身体部位,比如毛发、羽毛和角的成分相同。
Claws and nails are made of a really hard type of keratin, making them great tools.
爪子和指甲是由一种非常坚硬的角蛋白制成的,这让它们成为了好工具。
A squirrel might use its keratin claws to scratch an itch or climb a tree,
松鼠可能会用它的角蛋白爪子抓痒或爬树,
to grab at food, or even to protect itself from a hungry predator.
或抓食物,甚至保护自己不受饥饿捕食者的伤害。
Humans can use our keratin nails in many of the same ways.
人类的角蛋白指甲有很多相同的作用。
For example, I can use my nails to help me to pull a sticker off of a banana, or to cut into the outside peel.
例如,我可以用指甲从香蕉上撕标签,或剥香蕉皮。
Fingernails are a great tool to use to pick at small things,
指甲是用来挑选小物件的好工具,
and they also have another special job: protecting your fingers.
它们还有另一项特殊的功能:保护手指。
If you look closely, you'll see that your nails sit right on top of your fingers.
如果你仔细看,会发现你的指甲就在你的手指上。
Because fingernails are made of such hard keratin,
因为指甲是由这种坚硬的角蛋白构成的,
if you bump your fingers against something hard or rough, like a rock or a tree,
如果你的手指碰到了坚硬或粗糙的东西,如岩石或大树,
your nails will keep it from hurting your fingers.
指甲能防止手指受伤。
Toenails also protect a body part; can you guess which one, Squeaks?
脚趾甲也能保护一个身体部位,吱吱,你能猜出是哪一个吗?
You got it, toenails protect toes.
你说对了,脚指甲保护脚趾。
But while your fingernails and toenails are protecting your fingers and toes, they slowly wear down.
但是,你的手指甲和脚趾甲在保护你的手指和脚趾时,它们会慢慢地磨损。
Each little scratch and bump can wear down a small bit of nail,
每一个小小的擦伤和碰撞都会磨损一点儿指甲,
so nails have to keep growing to stay long and sharp enough to use.
所以指甲必须一直生长,保持长度和锋利用于使用。
The only problem is, most people's nails grow faster than we wear them down!
唯一的问题是,大多数人的指甲长得比磨损得快!
If they get too long, too fast, they can be more likely to break or rip.
如果它们长得太长太快,就很可能折断或裂开。
So that's why I have to trim them, it helps keep them healthy and strong.
这就是为什么我要修剪它们,这有助于保持它们的健康坚硬。
And your nails can show if the rest of your body is healthy, too.
你的指甲也能显示身体的其他部分是否健康。
Some germs can cause your nails to turn different colors, like yellow or white,
有些细菌会使你的指甲变色,比如变黄或变白,
or can make them change shape, giving them lines or unusual curves.
或让它们改变形状,让它们长纹路或不同寻常得弯曲。
A doctor might look at your fingernails to check if your body is healthy, or if you might be sick.
医生可能会查看指甲来检查你的身体是健康还是生病了。
Let's take a look at mine.
看看我的指甲。
I think they look pretty healthy, too.
我也觉得它们很健康。
And they're the perfect tool for giving you some back scratches.
它们还是为你背部挠痒的最佳工具。
What do you use your nails for? Do you think they grow fast or slow?
你用指甲做什么?你认为它们长得快还是慢?
Ask a grown-up to help you leave a comment below,
找个大人帮忙在下方留言,
or send us an email tokids@scishow.com.
或发邮件至kids@scishow.com.
Thanks. We'll see you next time, here at the Fort.
感谢您的收看,我们下期见,沃斯堡等你哦!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
protect [prə'tekt]

想一想再看

vt. 保护,投保

联想记忆
rough [rʌf]

想一想再看

adj. 粗糙的,粗略的,粗暴的,艰难的,讨厌的,不适的

 
trim [trim]

想一想再看

n. 整齐,装饰,修剪下来的部分
adj. 整

 
comment ['kɔment]

想一想再看

n. 注释,评论; 闲话
v. 注释,评论

联想记忆
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆
curious ['kjuəriəs]

想一想再看

adj. 好奇的,奇特的

联想记忆
constantly ['kɔnstəntli]

想一想再看

adv. 不断地,经常地

 
peel [pi:l]

想一想再看

n. 果皮
vt. 削皮,剥落
vi

 
fur [fə:]

想一想再看

n. 毛皮,软毛,皮衣,毛皮制品
vt. 用毛

 
predator ['predətə]

想一想再看

n. 食肉动物,掠夺者

联想记忆

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 我们为什么不能喝海水呢 2018-04-27
  • 扁桃体有什么作用 2018-04-29
  • 塑料对地球有什么危害 2018-05-05
  • 长大的肥皂 2018-05-11
  • 我们伤心时为什么会哭泣 2018-05-13
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。