手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 那些你不知道的故事 > 正文

是她把中餐带到了美国

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

My name is Cecillia Chiang. People say that I brought Chinese food to America.

我是Cecillia 张,人们都说是我把中餐带到了美国。
Julia Child brought French; Cecillia Chiang brought Chinese.
朱莉娅·查尔德把法餐带到了美国,Cecillia 张则给中餐带到了美国。
This is all my sisters, that's me.
这是我所有的姐妹,我在这里。
In 1959, I came to San Francisco visiting my sister Sophie.She lived on the edge of Chinatown.
那是1959年,我来旧金山看望我的姐妹Sophie。她就住在唐人街边上。
The first time I noticed the food, I said, "Is this Chinese food?"
当我第一次注意到这边的食物时,我就问,“这个是中餐吗?”
My sister said, "yes!"
她说,“是啊。”
I looked at the menu: chop suey, egg for young...
我看了看菜单:炒杂碎、芙蓉蛋……
I'm originally born near Shanghai and I said, "I don't remember we tasted any of this in China."
我就是上海边儿上的人嘛,我就说,“我记得根本不是这个味道啊。”
So my sister said, “This is American Chinese food.”
我姐妹说:“这是美国口味的中餐。”
I decided I wanted to introduce my Chinese food to [the] USA.
于是我决定要把我们的中餐介绍给美国人。
I opened the Mandarin in 1960.
1960年我开了福禄寿园。
This is [at] the Mandarin with Mayor Moscone.
这是我和莫斯克内市长在福禄寿园的合影。
The customers said, “Oh my goodness, the food tastes totally different.”
顾客说:“天哪,这家的味道跟以往吃的完全不一样耶。”
A lot of dishes they said, “We never seen before.”
他们说,很多菜都是“我们从来都没见过的。”
1

We had hot and sour soup, the lettuce cup, the pot sticker, Peking duck--I was the first one to serve it in San Francisco.

我们有酸辣汤、生菜包饭、锅贴、北京烤鸭 - 我们是旧金山第一家做这些菜的餐厅。
I didn't create it, but I introduced it to Americans. and now everybody has it.
这些菜并不是我创造的,我只是把它们介绍给了美国人而已。现在大家都在吃这些菜了。
I met Alice one night.
我和爱丽丝是一天晚上认识的。
She came to the Mandarin and one thing led to another,
她来福禄寿园吃饭,我们顺理成章地就认识了。
I’m hungry.
我饿了。
I'm Alice Waters and I'm the owner of Chez Panisse restaurant.
我是爱丽斯·沃特斯,我是Chez Panisse餐厅的老板。
I've known Cecilia almost 50 years.
我和塞西莉亚认识将近50年了。
Cecilia’s restaurant was incredibly important
塞西莉亚的餐厅特别关键
and so many people came there and learned and opened Chinese restaurants or taught cooking.
因为很多很多人都是从这里学习了中餐的烹饪,然后开了中餐厅或者成了烹饪老师的。
you want the ginger juice. So this way all the juice comes out.
咱们需要的是姜汁,这样一拍,酱汁就全都出来了。
Her food is very delicious and if it is a little strange, she'll tell you a story about it, and you'll want to try it.
她做的东西非常美味,如果哪道菜有点奇怪,她就会给你讲那道菜背后的故事,听完你就有食欲了。
Every time I have a meal with Cecilia, I learned something.
每次和塞西莉亚吃饭我都能学到东西。
I don't get all the credit, but I think I did something.
这并非都是我一个人的功劳,但我想,我是有付出的。
people always, “You’re putting this in the menu? I think Americans don't like it.”
人们总说,“你怎么把这个放在菜单上?美国人不喜欢吃这个的。”
I said, “ Good food is good food. It doesn’t matter if you’re American or I’m Chinese. If it’s good food, I think everybody will like it. Don’t you see?”
我说,“美食就是美食。无论你是美国人还是我是中国人。只要是美食,就一定能俘获每个人的胃。明白了吧?”

重点单词   查看全部解释    
lettuce ['letis]

想一想再看

n. 莴苣,生菜,纸币

 
credit ['kredit]

想一想再看

n. 信用,荣誉,贷款,学分,赞扬,赊欠,贷方

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。