Welcome to English @ the Movies, where we teach you American English heard at the movies.
欢迎来到《看电影学英语》节目,我们在这里教授你在电影中听到的美式英语。
Our saying today is "see you on the other side", from the movie "Downsizing".
我们今天的短语是see you on the other side,出自电影《缩小人生》。
This film is about an everyday couple who agree to make themselves smaller.
这部电影是关于一对寻常夫妻的故事。他们同意把自己变得更小。
They believe that if they are tiny, they can live like wealthy people.
他们认为,如果自己变小了,那么他们就能像富人一样生活了。
Listen for the phrase "see you on the other side".
留意听一下see you on the other side这个短语。
Do you understand that you will undergo the permanent and irreversible medical procedure commonly known as "downsizing"?
你们将被执行永久而不可逆的医学过程,其常用名为“缩身”。你们明白吗?
And that your bodies will be approximately .0364 percent of their current mass and volume?
而你们的身体身体的质量和体积将会缩减到现有的0.0364%。
Nervous? Little.
紧张吗?有一点。
I'll see you on the other side. I love you.
我们在另一边见。我爱你。
So what do you think "see you on the other side" means?
那么,你觉得see you on the other side的意思是什么呢?
Is it: see you tomorrow or see you in another life?
是明天见还是另一段人生再见?
Listen again. Did you have the right answer?
再听一遍。你知道正确答案了吗?
Do you understand that you will undergo the permanent and irreversible medical procedure commonly known as "downsizing"?
你们将被执行永久而不可逆的医学过程,其常用名为“缩身”。你们明白吗?
Nervous? Little.
紧张吗?有一点。
I'll see you on the other side. I love you.
我们在另一边见。我爱你。
"See you on the other side" means see you in another life.
See you on the other side的意思是另一段人生再见。
The phrase could mean the people believe they will die.
这个短语可能意味着人们认为自己要死了。
Or, they may just mean they will meet again after doing something risky.
或者,他们可能只是表示,他们会在冒险去做某些事之后再次见面。
Such as shrink themselves to twelve and half centimeters.
比如将他们缩小到12.5厘米。
And that is English @ the Movies.
以上就是今天的《看电影学英语》。