手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 那些你不知道的故事 > 正文

前CG时代《星球大战》里的木偶们

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

It was a dark time for “Star Wars” when CG characters started popping into every corner of the series.

对于《星球大战》来说,CG角色开始霸占该系列各个角落无异于该系列的黑暗时期。
But before Jar Jar stumbled into our collective consciousness,
但是在Jar Jar这个角色跌跌撞撞地进入我们的集体意识之前,
“Star Wars” was all about puppets, which brings us to this guy.
《星球大战》里的角色全是些木偶,所以我们就来到了这个家伙的面前。
I'm Dave Barclay. I'm a puppeteer, and a puppet builder, and animatronic effects supervisor.
我是戴夫·巴克莱。我是一名木偶师,同时也做木偶搭建工作,还担任了电子动画部门的主管。
You might recognize Dave better under 200 pounds of fiberglass and latex, because he was one of the puppeteers inside Jabba the Hutt.
或许大家更容易认出那个戴了200磅(约180斤)的玻璃纤维和乳胶的戴夫,因为他是操作赫特人贾巴的木偶师之一。
But to play the most notorious gangster on Tatooine, you gotta start somewhere.
然而,要演好这个塔图因星球上最臭名昭着的歹徒,就要有一定的经验才行。
and Dave, well, he got his big break with a little green man.
不过,戴夫在演那个小绿人儿的时候就已经得到了演技上的重大突破。
That is why you fail.
这就是你失败的原因。
Yoda was famously puppeteered by Frank Oz, the legend behind Cookie Monster and Grover.
众所周知,尤达是曲奇怪物和葛罗弗这两个角色背后的传奇人物弗兰克奥兹(Frank Oz)表演的角色。
Show you near and far, Yoda not far.
到处都去试试,尤达就在你身边。
But Yoda was a complicated puppet, and it took four to five people working different body parts to bring him to life.
然而,尤达是一个很复杂的木偶,需要四到五个人来控制它的不同部位才能把这个角色立起来。
Dave's job was controlling Yoda's eyes and ears.
戴夫的工作就是控制尤达的眼睛和耳朵。
There was a sequence when Yoda is prodding Mark with a stick saying, “where he was, what he was doing,”
有一个情节是尤达用棍子戳着马克问他:“他在哪里,在干嘛,”
and I'm doing a little squint and subtle control on the eyes.
操作的时候我就对眼睛做了一点点斜视以及非常微妙的变化。
Yep, right there, that's me doing the eyes there.
是的,就在这里,这个眼睛的部分就是我在控制。
Towards the end of the filming on “Empire Strikes Back,” Frank Oz was performing Yoda,
《帝国反击战》拍摄接近尾声的时候,本来是弗兰克·奥兹在演尤达,
and it became clear he had to move on to another film, and he wasn't going to be available,
显然那个时候他要准备拍下一部电影了,就没空再演尤达了,
so they needed someone to take over for Yoda, and Frank nominated me.
所以剧组就需要有人来接手尤达这个角色,弗兰克就给剧组推荐了我。
I was 19 years old, so suddenly there I am with Yoda.
那个时候我才19岁,所以,我一下子就演起了尤达这个角色。
Even at 19 years old, Dave's Yoda scenes blended perfectly with Frank Oz.
即使只有19岁,戴夫演的尤达已经能够和弗兰克·奥兹演的融合得天衣无缝了。
That was Dave, did you guys see that? Let's take one more look.
这个就是戴夫演的尤达,你们看到了吗?我们再来回放一次。
Dave did such a good job, they called him back and asked him to run a new puppet, called Jabba the Hutt.
因为戴夫演得实在是太好了,所以他们打电话请他回来演另一个叫赫特人贾巴的木偶。
Jabba the Hutt was probably the most complicated and sophisticated animatronic puppet that anyone had ever tried to build.
赫特人贾巴堪称是所有人曾经试图建造的木偶中最复杂和最精细的荧幕木偶。
And it took six to seven people to operate.
每次都需要六到七个人来操作。
2

Inside Jabba, it was very claustrophobic, very close.

贾巴的体内是非常幽闭恐惧,非常拥挤的。
One person doing the left hand, the head movement and the tongue.
因为要有一个人控制他的左手、头部和舌头。
Another puppeteer doing the mechanical tail, another puppeteer doing the breathing on the air bladders.
一个木偶师控制他的机械尾巴,另一个木偶师用气囊表现呼吸。
I did Jabba's right hand and I did his jaw, and then I provided the voice on stage.
我则负责贾巴的右手和下巴以及他发出的声音。
My voice doesn't make it to screen, but if you turned up on set, you'd hear this sort of voice.
我的声音在屏幕上是看不到的,但如果您点开设置,就能听到我的配音了。
Where's my torque drive, aaah, err.
我的扭矩驱动器在哪里,咳,咳。
One afternoon while we were working on Jabba,
一天下午我们正在拍贾巴,
Princess Leia, in the slave costume, is lying against Jabba,
穿着奴隶服装的莱亚公主正躺在贾巴身上,
and so the director said to me, "David, would you put your hand on Carrie's shoulder?" I said, "okay,"
导演对我说,“大卫,麻烦你把手放在嘉莉的肩上。”我说,"好呀。”
It was looking at these tiny little monitors and couldn't really see much at all,
当时我面前全是各种小显示器,根本什么都看不到,
so repositioned my body in the Jabba torso, reached down and put my hand on her shoulder.
我调整了我在贾巴体内的位置,伸出手来放到她的肩膀上。
And then she said, "Jabba, that's not my shoulder."
然后,她说:“贾巴,那不是我的肩膀。”
I think it's the only time Jabba blushed.
那恐怕是贾巴唯一一次脸红吧。
As a child, there weren't really any movies that had puppeteers in them.
我小时候,电影很少会用到木偶师。
There was a little bit here and there, but there were no solid characters like Yoda.
虽然时不时地也有,但没有像尤达这样贯穿整部电影的角色。
And being part of the Yoda team, which really was the first performance animatronic in movies,
成了尤达团队的一员,而尤达可以说是电影中首次出现的人工表演的动画,
was the start of this huge growth that lasted about 20 years.
是我在表演木偶将角色的长达20年的演艺之路的一个开端。
And as a puppeteer and a puppet maker, and someone who loves the movies,
作为一名木偶师以及木偶创作人,以及一个喜欢电影的人,
I was always in exactly the right place at the right time, and I’ve had a wonderful career doing what I adore.
我总是在正确的时间做出了正确的选择,我的职业生涯非常精彩,因为我做的都是我梦寐以求的事。
So, I feel very lucky and privileged.
所以,我觉得自己非常幸运,得到了上天的优待。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
adore [ə'dɔ:]

想一想再看

vt. 崇拜,爱慕

联想记忆
frank [fræŋk]

想一想再看

adj. 坦白的,直率的,真诚的
vt. 免费

 
err [ə:]

想一想再看

v. 犯错,做错 v. 偏离,入歧途

联想记忆
performance [pə'fɔ:məns]

想一想再看

n. 表演,表现; 履行,实行
n. 性能,本

联想记忆
costume ['kɔstju:m]

想一想再看

n. 服装,剧装
vt. 提供服装,为 ...

联想记忆
torque [tɔ:k]

想一想再看

n. 转力矩; 捻扭的金属项圈、领圈或臂圈

联想记忆
jar [dʒɑ:]

想一想再看

n. 不和谐,刺耳声,震动,震惊,广口瓶
vi

联想记忆
shoulder ['ʃəuldə]

想一想再看

n. 肩膀,肩部
v. 扛,肩负,承担,(用肩

 
recognize ['rekəgnaiz]

想一想再看

vt. 认出,认可,承认,意识到,表示感激

 
collective [kə'lektiv]

想一想再看

adj. 集体的,共同的
n. 集体

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。