手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

世界上声音最响亮的昆虫

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

How many different animal sounds can you make?

你能发出多少种不同动物的声音?
I like to quack like a duck, or moo like a cow.
我喜欢像鸭子一样呱呱叫,或者像牛一样哞哞叫。
And Squeaks is really good at …
吱吱擅长...
Squeaking like a rat!
像老鼠一样吱吱叫!
Lots of animals make noises, and in the summer,
许多动物都会发出声音,在夏天,
I like to listen for one of my favorite animal sounds.
我喜欢听一种我最喜欢的动物的声音。
Can you guess what animal it comes from?
你能猜出这来自哪种动物吗?
This noise does sound loud, so I can see why you would think it comes from a big animal.
这个声音听起来很响亮,所以我知道你为什么会认为它是大型动物的声音了。
But this animal tricked you, Squeaks!
但是这个动物欺骗了你,吱吱!
The animal that makes this noise is smaller than my hand. It's a cicada.
发出这种声音的动物比我的手还小,它是蝉。
Cicadas are a type of insect that live all over the world,
蝉是一种生活在世界各地的昆虫,
and they're famous for the noises they make when it's hot out.
它们因在天气炎热时制造噪音而闻名。
A lot of people only hear the cicadas, though, and never actually see them.
许多人只听过蝉鸣,却从未真正看到过它们。
They're not very big insects, and many cicadas use camouflage to blend in with trees and plants.
它们不是大型昆虫,许多蝉用伪装与树木和植物融为一体。
But you can recognize them by their big eyes and clear wings that lie across their back.
但是你可以通过它们的大眼睛和背上清晰的翅膀认出它们。
Cicadas may be small compared to humans, or even Squeaks,
蝉与人类甚至吱吱相比可能很小,
but they still make some of the loudest animal sounds in the world.
但它们仍然发出世界上最响亮的动物声音之一。
And there's a very good reason why!
这有一个很好的理由。
Those cicadas we see in the trees?
我们在树上看到的蝉?
They're actually pretty old for insects, but they've spent almost all of their lives underground.
对于昆虫来说,它们实际已经很老了,但它们生命的大部分时间都在地下生活。
It takes a baby cicada either 13 or 17 years to grow up, and while they're growing,
一只幼蝉需要13年或17年才能长大,而在它们长大的过程中,
they stay underground where it's safe from predators that might want to eat them.
它们待在地下,这里能够让它们免于捕食者的危险。
Then, when they're old enough and it gets warm outside, they finally crawl up out of the ground.
然后当它们长大的时候,外面也变暖了,它们最终从地下爬出来。

chan.png

Can you imagine seeing the world for the first time after years underground in the dark?

你能想象在黑暗中多年之后第一次看到这个世界的情境吗?
The thing is, once they come up above the ground, cicadas don't live for very long, usually just a few weeks.
问题是,蝉一旦出现在地面上,就不会存活很久,通常只能活几周。
They really want to find another cicada to have more cicada babies with, but they have to do it quickly!
它们真的很想再找一只蝉来生更多的幼蝉,但它们必须得快!
So, the male, or boy cicadas make a REALLY loud noise so the female, or girl cicadas will know they're there.
所以雄蝉会发出很响亮的声音,这样雌蝉就能知道它们的位置了。
But cicadas make noises a bit differently from how other animals do.
但是蝉鸣的方式与其他动物的有点儿不同。
For example, if I wanted to make a loud noise,
比如,如果我想大叫,
I could use my voice and shout, although I won't, since we only use our inside voices in the Fort.
我可以用声音呼喊,虽然我不会这样做,因为我们在堡垒里只使用我们的内部声音。
But cicadas can't make noises with their mouths like we do.
但是蝉不能像我们那样用嘴发出声音。
Instead, they use a special body part, called a tymbal, to make their sound.
相反,他们使用一种特殊的身体部位——鼓室来发出声音。
Cicadas have two tymbals, one on each side of their body.
蝉有两个鼓室,身体两边各一个。
Each tymbal is made of a a very thin material called a membrane.
每个鼓室都由一种叫做薄膜的非常薄的材料制成。
Along the tymbal, there are stripes of thicker membrane, creating what look like ribs down the cicada's side.
鼓室上有较厚的鼓膜条纹,在蝉的一侧形成肋骨一样的东西。
When the cicada wants to make noise, they pull the ribs of their tymbal close together very quickly,
当蝉想要发出声音时,它们会迅速地把鼓室的“肋骨”拉到一起,
creating clicking sounds as each rib hits the one next to it.
在每根“肋骨”击中旁边的一根时,产生撞击声。
It's a lot like how you can make sounds with a bendy straw.
这和你用一根弯曲的吸管发声很像。
If you move it back and forth really fast…It makes a noise.
如果你快速地来回移动,它也会发出噪音。
Cicadas can pull apart the ribs on their tymbals and then click them together again so quickly
蝉可以把它们鼓室的“肋骨”分开,然后再把它们快速得撞在一起,
that each clicking sound runs into the next, creating one big, loud sound.
这样,每个撞击声都延伸到下一根“肋骨”,产生大而响的声音。
Can you hear each click in the cicada song, Squeaks?
吱吱,你能听出蝉鸣的每个撞击声吗?
Neither can I! They're so fast that it becomes almost impossible to tell each click apart.
我也不能!它们的速度如此之快,以至于几乎不可能分辨每一个撞击。
Not to mention almost painfully loud.
更不用说这痛苦的响声了。
Some cicadas can be as loud as a motorcycle engine!
一些蝉鸣可以像摩托车的引擎一样响亮!
One of the loudest cicadas in the world is the Walker's Cicada, which lives in North America.
世界上声音最响亮的蝉之一是生活在北美洲的沃克蝉。
Walker's cicadas can be as loud as a honking car horn, and the sound can hurt your ears after a while.
沃克蝉的声音可以像汽车喇叭声一样响亮,一段时间后,会伤害你的耳朵。
But if there's a female cicada around, she'll definitely hear it!
但如果它周围有一只雌蝉,她一定能听到!
Then she can fly over to find the cicada making that sound.
然后她可以飞过去找那只发出声音的蝉。
So if you hear that loud buzzing sound in the trees this summer,
所以,如果你在这个夏天听到树上响亮的嘈杂声,
now you'll know where it's coming from.
就会知道它来自哪里了。
It means there's a cicada nearby!
这意味着附近有蝉!
You're going to make a loud sound, too? Ok.
你也能发出响亮的声音?好的。
That's one loud, squeak! You'd make a pretty good cicada.
吱吱,这声音很响!你将成为一只非常漂亮的蝉。
Have you ever heard any cicadas in your neighborhood?
你在周围听到过蝉鸣吗?
What's the loudest sound you've ever heard?
你听到的最响亮的声音是什么?
Let us know by having a grown-up help you to leave a comment below,
找个大人帮忙在下方留言,
or send us an email tokids@scishow.com.
或发邮件至kids@scishow.com,让我们知道。
Thanks! We'll see you next time, here at the Fort!
感谢您的收看,我们下期见,沃斯堡等你哦!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
camouflage ['kæmuflɑ:ʒ]

想一想再看

n. 伪装,掩饰,迷彩服 v. 伪装,欺瞒

联想记忆
membrane ['membrein]

想一想再看

n. 薄膜,膜皮,羊皮纸

联想记忆
impossible [im'pɔsəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 不可能的,做不到的
adj.

联想记忆
crawl [krɔ:l]

想一想再看

vi. 爬行,卑躬屈膝,自由式游泳
n. 爬行

 
horn [hɔ:n]

想一想再看

n. 动物角,喇叭,触角,角状物,力量源泉

 
blend [blend]

想一想再看

v. 混合
n. 混合物

 
rib [rib]

想一想再看

n. 肋骨,肋状物
vt. 装肋于,用肋状物支

 
quack [kwæk]

想一想再看

n. 庸医 adj. 骗人的 n. (鸭子)嘎嘎叫声 v

联想记忆
comment ['kɔment]

想一想再看

n. 注释,评论; 闲话
v. 注释,评论

联想记忆
cow [kau]

想一想再看

n. 母牛,母兽
vt. 恐吓

 

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 5种冰河时代的动物 2018-05-17
  • 指纹有什么作用 2018-05-21
  • 哪只手更强些 2018-05-30
  • 为什么真菌很厉害 2018-06-04
  • 四步让你建造完美沙堡 2018-06-09
  • 下一篇:哪只手更强些
    发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。