手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 绿野仙踪(精简版) > 正文

绿野仙踪(MP3+中英字幕) 第72期:神奇的翡翠城(7)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Sara   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Again the eyes looked at her sharply, and they saw she was telling the truth.

那一双眼睛又尖锐地注视她,见她说的是真话。
Then Oz asked, "What do you wish me to do?"
于是奥芝问道:“你要请求我做什么?”
"Send me back to Kansas, where my Aunt Em and Uncle Henry are," she answered earnestly.
“送我回堪萨斯州去,那里住着我的爱姆婶婶和亨利叔叔,”她恳切地回答。
"I don't like your country, although it is so beautiful.
“虽然你的国土多么美丽,我却不喜欢。
And I am sure Aunt Em will be dreadfully worried over my being away so long."
我相信爱姆婶婶会因为我离开她这么长时间而感到深深的忧愁。”
The eyes winked three times, and then they turned up to the ceiling and down to the floor and rolled around so queerly that they seemed to see every part of the room.
那一双眼睛眨了三次,随后又转着看到上面的天花板和下面的地板,并且那么怪异地四周滚动着,仿佛要看透这屋子里的每一个部分。
And at last they looked at Dorothy again.
最后又注视着多萝茜。
"Why should I do this for you?" asked Oz.
奥芝问:“为什么我要为你这样做?”
"Because you are strong and I am weak; because you are a Great Wizard and I am only a little girl."
“因为你是强者,我是弱者;因为你是一个伟大的魔术家,我只是一个无能的小女孩。”
"But you were strong enough to kill the Wicked Witch of the East," said Oz.
奥芝说:“但是,你却强得足够杀死东方的恶女巫呢。”
"That just happened," returned Dorothy simply; "I could not help it."
多萝茜简单地回答:“那只是碰巧的事情,我并不是有意的啊。”

神奇的翡翠城.jpg

"Well," said the Head, "I will give you my answer.

“唔,”那个头说,“我回答你。
You have no right to expect me to send you back to Kansas unless you do something for me in return.
除非你为我做一点事情作为代价,你没有权利希望我送你回到堪萨斯州去。
In this country everyone must pay for everything he gets.
在这个国土里,每一个人要得到每一件东西,就必须付出代价。
If you wish me to use my magic power to send you home again you must do something for me first. Help me and I will help you."
倘使你要我使用魔术的力量,送你再回到家里去,首先你必须为我做一点事情。你帮助了我,随后我再帮助你。”
"What must I do?" asked the girl.
女孩子问:“我必须做点什么事?”
"Kill the Wicked Witch of the West," answered Oz.
奥芝回答说:“杀死那个西方的恶女巫。”
"But I cannot!" exclaimed Dorothy, greatly surprised.
多萝茜大吃一惊,高声地说:“但是,我做不到!”
"You killed the Witch of the East and you wear the silver shoes, which bear a powerful charm.
“你杀掉了东方的女巫,穿着这一双银鞋子,它有一种很大的神力。
There is now but one Wicked Witch left in all this land, and when you can tell me she is dead I will send you back to Kansas-but not before."
现在只剩下一个恶女巫在这世界上,当你能够告诉我她已经死去时,我便送你回到堪萨斯州去—但是在这以前,不能够送你回家。”

重点单词   查看全部解释    
ceiling ['si:liŋ]

想一想再看

n. 天花板,上限

联想记忆
wicked ['wikid]

想一想再看

adj. 坏的,邪恶的,缺德的
adv. 极端

联想记忆
charm [tʃɑ:m]

想一想再看

n. 魅力,迷人,吸引力,美貌
v. (使)陶

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。