手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

为什么真菌很厉害

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Squeaks and I were just deciding what to have for lunch, and we're thinking: pizza!

我和吱吱刚刚在决定午餐吃什么,我们都想到了披萨!
You've probably heard of the topping I want on mine, but it's a little out of the ordinary.
你可能听说过我最想要的配料,但它有点儿不同寻常。
I'll give you a hint: it has lots of vitamins and minerals.
我给你个提示:它含有丰富的维生素和矿物质。
But it's not a plant, so it's not broccoli or peppers or olives, though I do love all of those vegetables!
但它不是植物,所以它不是花椰菜、辣椒或橄榄,尽管我确实喜欢这些蔬菜!
And it doesn't come from an animal, so it's not sausage or pepperoni, though I do like those, too!
它不是来自于动物,所以它不是香肠或意大利香肠,虽然我也喜欢它们!
Can you guess what I'm thinking of?
你能猜到我想到的是什么吗?
I'm going to have some mushrooms!
我要吃点儿蘑菇!
That's right, mushrooms aren't plants, and they aren't animals, either.
你说的没错,蘑菇既不是植物,也不是动物。
Mushrooms are a type of fungus!
蘑菇是一种真菌!
Fungi are a whole separate kind of living thing, not plants, and not animals.
真菌是一种单独的生物,不是植物也不是动物。
Some of them look a lot like the mushrooms I'll be having on my pizza.
有些真菌看起来很像我要吃的披萨上的蘑菇。
But others are much weirder!
但其它真菌就奇怪得多了!
There's black witches' butter, which is a type of fungus called a jelly fungus.
有一种黑魔女的黄油,它是一种叫做胶质菌的真菌。
I bet you can guess why, it looks a lot like dark, thick jelly!
我打赌你能猜到原因,它看起来很像厚厚的暗黑果冻!
Then there's the brain mushroom, which looks a lot like … well, a brain.
还有一种脑蘑菇,它非常像大脑。
There are even mushrooms that glow in the dark!
有些蘑菇甚至生长在暗处!

fungi.png

Fungi might seem like plants from the outside, because many of them grow from the ground.

真菌从外观上看很像植物,因为它们中有许多是从地里长出来的。
But scientists have made some pretty cool discoveries about fungi that make them different from plants!
但科学家们有了一些能够区分真菌和植物的有趣发现!
For example, one thing that makes plants special is that they make their own food out of sunlight.
例如,植物的一个特殊特征是它们利用阳光自己制作食物。
That's how all plants eat, but fungi can't do it!
这是植物获取食物的方式,但是真菌做不到!
Instead, they have to get their food from other living things, just like us animals.
它们必须从其他生物,比如我们人类身上获取食物。
That's also why you might see mushrooms growing in dark places, they don't need the sunlight!
这也是为什么你可能会看到蘑菇生长在黑暗的地方,它们不需要阳光!
But plants won't grow in the dark.
但植物在黑暗中不能生长。
Also, get this, when you look at a fungus really close up,
还有,当你仔细观察真菌时,
you can tell that they're actually made of some of the same stuff as animals, not plants!
可以看出,它们其实是由一些与动物而非植物相同的物质构成的!
But remember, fungi aren't animals, either.
但记住,真菌也不是动物。
For one thing, even though fungi have to seek out their food since they can't make it themselves like plants do,
一方面,即使真菌不能像植物那样自产食物,必须寻找食物,
they can't run or walk or even fly to get it like animals.
它们也不能像动物那样奔跑或走动或飞行。
How do they get food?
它们怎么获取食物呢?
Well, fungi actually grow right on top of their own food.
实际上,真菌生长在自己的食物上面。
Mushrooms, for example, eat dead plants, which is why they often grow on trees or the forest floor.
以蘑菇为例,它们吃死植物,这就是它们通常生长在树林或森林地面上的原因。
As fungi get bigger, they're able to absorb or soak up, more and more food.
随着真菌长大,它们能够吸收越来越多的食物。
They're pretty special that way.
它们在这方面很特别。
When animals like you and me break down our food and turn it into energy, we do it inside our bodies.
你我这样的动物分解食物并将其转化为能量时,是在体内进行的。
Our stomachs add special stomach juices to the food in our bodies to break it down more easily.
我们的胃会在食物中加入特殊的胃液,以便其更容易分解。
Fungi digest food in a totally different way!
真菌以完全不同的方式消化食物!
They add stomach juices to their food, too, but they spread it right on what they're eating,
它们也在食物中加入胃液,但它们是把它散布在食物上面,
so the food gets broken down outside of their bodies, not on the inside!
这样食物在其体外就能分解了,而不是在体内!
Then, after the food is broken down, the fungi just soak up what's left over.
食物分解后,真菌就会吸收剩下的食物。
I agree, fungi are pretty awesome! Especially mushrooms.
我同意,真菌是非常棒!尤其是蘑菇。
But even though a lot of mushrooms are good for you, like the ones on pizza,
即使很多蘑菇对你有好处,比如披萨上的蘑菇,
we definitely don't want to go picking mushrooms ourselves.
但我们也绝对不想自己去采蘑菇。
That's because there are so many different types of mushrooms in the world,
因为世界上有很多不同种类的蘑菇,
and some of them could make you really sick if you eat them.
如果你吃了,有些蘑菇会让你非常难受。
They can give people a stomach ache, or make them feel like throwing up, or much worse!
它们会让人胃痛,或者让人想吐甚至更难受!
And some of the mushrooms that are bad for you actually look a lot like mushrooms that are good for you!
而且一些对你有害的蘑菇看起来很像对你有益的蘑菇!
So we leave the mushroom-growing to the experts and don't pick them ourselves.
所以我们把种植蘑菇的工作留给专家,而不是自己去挑选。
Now, I think it's about time that we order some pizza!
现在,我想到了我们点披萨的时候了!
Thanks for joining us!
感谢您的收看!
If you want to keep learning and having fun with Squeaks and me, hit the subscribe button,
如果你想继续学习,与我和吱吱共度美好时光,就点击订阅吧,
and don't forget to check us out on the YouTube Kids app.
不要忘了在YouTube Kids app查找我们。
Thanks! We'll see you next time, here at the Fort!
感谢您的收看,我们下期见,沃斯堡等你哦!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆
mushroom ['mʌʃrum]

想一想再看

n. 蘑菇,菌菇状物,暴发户
vi. 扩张,迅

 
separate ['sepəreit]

想一想再看

n. 分开,抽印本
adj. 分开的,各自的,

 
spread [spred]

想一想再看

v. 伸展,展开,传播,散布,铺开,涂撒
n.

 
absorb [əb'sɔ:b]

想一想再看

vt. 吸纳,吸引 ... 的注意,吞并

联想记忆
fungus ['fʌŋgəs]

想一想再看

n. 真菌,霉菌 (复数为funguses或fungi)

 
hint [hint]

想一想再看

n. 暗示
v. 暗示,示意

 

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 世界上声音最响亮的昆虫 2018-05-25
  • 哪只手更强些 2018-05-30
  • 四步让你建造完美沙堡 2018-06-09
  • 人类的远亲 2018-06-14
  • 自己造井乐趣多 2018-06-19
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。