手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 心理科学秀 > 正文

你日常健忘的真正原因

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

It's the most annoying thing.

这是最烦人的事情。
You're about to walk out of the house when you realize you have no idea where your keys are.
你正要走出房子,突然意识到自己不知道把钥匙放哪儿了。
They're not on the little hook by the door where you're supposed to put them, of course.
你本该把它们挂在门边的小钩子上,当然,它们现在不在那里。
And though you tear your place apart, it takes you like 30 minutes to figure out where you put them.
即使你把房间翻得底朝天,却仍需要大约30分钟来确定它们的位置。
Frequently losing things like your keys is one example of everyday forgetfulness,
经常丢失钥匙之类的东西是日常健忘的一个例子,
and psychology can explain not only why it happens, but also some ways you can combat it.
心理学不仅能解释它发生的原因,还想出了应对它的几个方法。
Don't worry, losing something like your keys is not a sure sign that your memory is going.
不要担心,丢失钥匙之类的物件不是你记忆力下降的确切标志。
Anywhere from one third to one half of young people consider themselves forgetful,
三分之一到一半的年轻人认为自己健忘,
doing things like frequently misplacing objects or forgetting names or faces.
他们经常把东西放错位置,或者忘记名字或面孔。
And these little "cognitive failures" don't have anything to do with your intelligence, either.
这些小小的“认知失败”与你的智力无关。
Their frequency and severity don't correlate with things like general cognitive ability or IQ,
它们的频率和严重程度也与一般的认知能力或智商无关,
and psychologists stress that they stem from absentmindedness, not a lack of intellect.
心理学家强调说,它们源于人们的心不在焉,而不是智力缺乏。
Really, if anything, how often you lose your stuff could be more tied to your genes than your smarts, age or health.
真的,如果有什么关联的话,你丢失东西的频率可能更与你的基因有关,而非智慧、年龄或健康。
About 50% of the variation between people can be traced to genetic factors.
人与人之间大约50%的差异可以追溯到遗传因素。
For example, scientists have found a link
例如,科学家们已经发现,
between benign memory lapses and certain variations in the gene that encodes for the dopamine D2 receptor, or DRD2.
良性记忆缺失与编码多巴胺D2受体(DRD2)的基因的某些变异有关。
Not to be confused with R2D2, this is a protein that binds the neurotransmitter dopamine,
不要把DRD2和R2D2混淆,它是一种结合神经递质多巴胺的蛋白质,
and it's heavily involved in the cellular communication that occurs when you try to recall where things are.
当你试图回忆物品的位置时,它深切地参与到细胞通讯当中。
Other small gene changes have similarly been linked to forgetfulness. But it's not all predetermined.
其他的小基因变化也与健忘有关。但这并非都是预先决定好的。
How you think about your memory problems may also have an effect.
你如何看待自己的记忆问题可能也有影响。
According to research, people who believe they have control over their memory tend to be less forgetful
研究表明,那些相信自己能控制记忆力的人往往不那么健忘,
than those who think forgetfulness is just an irreversible part of getting old.
而那些认为健忘是衰老过程中不可逆转的一部分的人则不然。
Studies also find general support for the idea that memory training and learning specific strategies can improve your recall.
研究还发现,人们普遍认为记忆训练和学习特定的策略可以提高记忆力。
This all makes sense when you break down what's actually happening in your brain when you forget where something is.
你分解了自己在忘记物品位置的时候大脑发生的真实活动,一切就都讲得通了。

健忘.png

From a psychological perspective, losing your keys means one of two things has happened:

从心理学的角度来看,丢失钥匙意味着发生了以下两件事:
You've either failed to recall where you put them, or you never knew where they were put in the first place.
你要么没能回忆起你把它们放在哪里了,要么你根本不知道它们放在哪里了。
The latter can happen if you're not paying attention when you set them down.
如果你在放置它们时不留心的话,可能会发生后一种情况。
To remember information, you have to do what psychologists call encoding.
要记住信息,你必须做心理学家所说的编码。
That's where you store the information you've just gained,
它是你储存你刚获得的信息的地方,
like, the location you're putting your keys, into your brain's short term storage or working memory.
比如将你放置钥匙的位置储存到大脑的短期存储区域或工作记忆区域。
You simply don't have enough storage space to remember every sight, smell, sound and feeling.
坦白地说,你没有足够的空间记住每一种视觉、气味、声音和感觉。
So only the things you selectively focus on in your environment,
所以,你在环境中选择关注的东西,
those that are given your attention, can get stored.
也就是那些引起你注意的事物可以被储存起来。
That means if you're not paying attention when you set down your keys,
这意味着如果你在放钥匙的时候没有注意,
say, you're hungry and thinking about what you might have for dinner instead,
比如,你饿了,正想着晚餐吃什么,
then you'll never remember where they are.
那么你永远也不会记得它们放哪儿了。
You didn't actually store that information in your brain to begin with.
你一开始并没有把这些信息储存在你的大脑中。
The good news is, psychologists say that simple things can actually help with this.
好消息是,心理学家说简单的事情有助于解决这个问题。
Like, as silly as it sounds, you could announce out loud where you're putting stuff.
比如,这件听起来很傻的事,你可以大声宣布自己放东西的地方。
"Hear ye, I am putting my keys on the counter"
“听着,我把钥匙放在柜台上了”
Or, at least, take the moment to really think about where you're putting them and why.
或者,至少花点儿时间好好想想,你把它们放在哪里以及为什么。
That way, there's something to remember later when you need to find them.
这样的话,当你随后需要找它们的时候,就有记忆了。
Your forgetfulness might also stem from the other end of things: the whole remembering bit.
你的健忘也可能源于另一种极端:整个记忆片段。
For example, you might just be remembering the wrong thing,
比如,你可能记错了
since recollection can be impaired by something called interference.
因为回忆可以被一种叫做干扰的东西所损害。
Basically, when you try to remember where your keys are,
基本上来说,当你试着回忆钥匙在哪里时,
any memories you have of ever setting them down can compete to be the one recalled.
你之前放置它们的任何记忆都可能与需要回忆起的那段记忆冲突。
So if you constantly move your keys around,
如果你不停地移动你的钥匙,
you might remember them being on your dresser, on your coffee table, or by the door,
你可能记得它们在你的梳妆台、咖啡桌上或门边,
which makes it tougher to remember which place you actually used last.
这使得你很难记住自己最后使用的地方。
People who are less prone to everyday cognitive lapses, whether because of genetics or otherwise,
那些不太容易出现日常认知失误的人,不管是由于遗传还是其他原因,
don't tend to have this problem as often.
通常都不会有这种问题。
They're better at remembering the right spot and forgetting the others,
他们更善于记住正确的地点,忘记其他地点,
a phenomenon called retrieval-induced forgetting.
这种现象叫做提取-诱发遗忘。
But for those of us who aren't so awesome at that,
但是对于我们这些不太擅长它的人来说,
psychologists recommend having a dedicated spot for things you often lose,
心理学家建议,为你经常丢失的东西找个专门的地方,
like a key hook by the door, which can help cut down on interference.
比如门边的钥匙钩,这样可以减少干扰。
And if you make hanging your keys automatic, then there's also a good chance they'll be on the hook,
如果你让自己的钥匙自动挂起,那么它们也很有可能会被挂在钩上,
even if you didn't take the time to focus on where you put them.
即使你没有花时间去关注它们被放哪里了。
Admittedly, though, relying on automation could make it harder to remember where things are
不过,无可否认地是,如果你没有将它们放在该放的位置,
if you don't put them where you're supposed to, because of that whole attention bit.
依赖自动化可能会让人们更难记住物品的位置,因为你记得是之前的记忆片段。
So maybe the best way not to lose your keys is to have a dedicated spot and to always be very attentive about putting them there.
所以,最好的方法不是丢了你的钥匙,而是要有一个专门的地方,而且要时刻注意把它们放在那里。
Like, announcing "Hear ye, I am hanging my keys on the hook" while you do it every time you get home.
比如,每当你回家的时候,可以说“听着,我把钥匙挂在钩子上了”。
I never said the tricks to not losing your stuff were cool.
我从来没说过不弄丢自己东西的方法很酷。
If you want to improve your memory in general, you could also try exercising regularly and getting enough sleep.
如果你想提高你的记忆力,可以尝试定期锻炼,并且保证睡眠充足。
Both have been tied to better cognitive performance and less forgetfulness, though results vary.
两者都与更好的认知表现和更少的健忘情况有关,尽管结果各不相同。
And if you still can't find your keys, you might look into one of those remote finder things that you can slip on your keychain.
如果你仍然找不到你的钥匙,可以看看那些远程查找器,你可以把它挂在钥匙链上。
Hey, whatever works, right?
嘿,总有一种方法管用,对吧?
Thanks for watching this episode of SciShow Psych!
感谢您收看本期的心理科学秀!
If you consider yourself a forgetful person, it's okay.
如果你觉得自己健忘,没关系。
It might not be totally your fault, because sometimes, your memories can trick you.
它可能不完全是你的错,因为有时,你的记忆也会欺骗你。
You can watch our episode to learn how.
你可以在我们的视频中学习记忆如何欺骗我们的。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
benign [bi'nain]

想一想再看

adj. 仁慈的,温和的,良性的

联想记忆
tend [tend]

想一想再看

v. 趋向,易于,照料,护理

 
constantly ['kɔnstəntli]

想一想再看

adv. 不断地,经常地

 
slip [slip]

想一想再看

v. 滑倒,溜走,疏忽,滑脱
n. 滑倒,溜走

 
certain ['sə:tn]

想一想再看

adj. 确定的,必然的,特定的
pron.

 
protein ['prəuti:n]

想一想再看

n. 蛋白质

 
psychological [.saikə'lɔdʒikəl]

想一想再看

adj. 心理(学)的

 
frequency ['fri:kwənsi]

想一想再看

n. 频繁,频率

 
selectively

想一想再看

adv. 有选择地

 
genetic [dʒi'netik]

想一想再看

adj. 基因的,遗传的,起源的

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。