手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 科学探秘之旅 > 正文

英雄手套 了解一下?

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

"These are the deus ex panels which, you can see, look really nice.

“这是手套的前面板,很帅气有没有。
With this arm, I'm able to open and close as you can see, tense my muscles,
有了这只手套,我可以张开也可以握紧手指,看见没,可以让肌肉变得紧张,
there you go, I can change the thumb, and then if I press the middle button it flashes.
看好啦,我可以活动手指,而且,按下中间的按钮它还会发光。
I love it because everyone's so distracted by the arm,opening and closing,
我喜欢它,因为看到这个手套张开或握紧手指的时候大家完全被吸引住了,
they are like AHHHH that's mad and I love the reactions."
他们的反应就是这样,这也太牛了吧,我就喜欢看他们这样。”
"Open Bionics is a Bristol based startup and our mission is to create and democratize technology that enhances the human body,
“Open Bionics是布里斯托尔的一家创业公司,我们公司的使命是创造并普及那些能够增强人体机能的技术,
so in other words, we turn disabilities into super powers.
换句话说,就是把残疾人变成了超人。
The Hero Arm is our first bionic product,
英雄手套是我们的第一款仿生产品,
it's the first medically certified, 3D printed bionic hand and it's also the most affordable bionic hand available.
它是第一款经过医学认证的3D打印仿生手套,同时也是目前最实惠的仿生手套。
We've got a multi grip hand with four motors inside controlling individual fingers and moving the thumb.
这个手套里有四个电机控制各个手指以及拇指的活动。
The Hero Arm works by picking up signals from a user's muscles,
英雄手套靠抓取用户肌肉的信号,
it has sensors on the inside of the socket
插座内侧有传感器,
and they sit on top of the muscles and detect a small voltage when the muscles are flexed and the hand will move in response."
安装在肌肉上时能够在肌肉收缩时检测到小电压,手套就会做出相应的反应。”
"I didn't think this kind of technology could be possible, especially low-cost.
“我没想到这种技术真的能够实现,特别是在低成本的情况下。
it's just crazy, especially what I can do with the arm compared to what I could do with it three years ago.
简直是太疯狂了,尤其是把我们现在这款手臂的功能和三年前的版本相比。
But even back then, that was still mad."
但即使是那一款也是非常了不起的。”
"The first thing that happens is a prosthetist will get a model of their arm,
“首先,假肢医生要获取病人手臂的模型,
which could be physical or digital from a 3D scan.
模型可以是实体的,也可以是3D扫描的数字模型。
We feed that into our software algorithms to create the bespoke Hero Arm for that individual person
我们将这些信息输入到我们的软件算法中,为该个人创建定制的英雄手套
and we then export the files for the 3D printers,
然后我们导出3D打印机的文件,
3D print them and then we assemble everything together into that person's Hero Ar
打印出来,然后把所有的零件组装起来,就是他的英雄手臂。
We've been continually testing with people from the very beginning, and getting feedback on things like how long can they wear it...
我们一直在不断地对大家进行测试,了解他们的反馈,诸如能够坚持戴多久啊,
do they experience any discomfort at any time
有没有感到不适啊,
or um how can we design the the socket and the liner to fit to feel really comfortable on their skin."
或者我们要如何设计插座和衬垫才能让病人在戴上手套之后感觉非常舒适。”
"It's just gotten better because first it was like oh yeah it just needs to open and close,
“我们的设计已经越来越好了,因为一开始的时候,我们觉得只要能张开和握紧手指就可以了,
but actually, being able to pick up more extra items, or even picking up something heavy.
但实际上,能够拿起更多东西,甚至拿起很重的东西,
Holding a tray, opening a door, opening a bottle of water is a major thing.
拿托盘啊,开门啊,拧瓶盖儿啊这些才是最重要的。
"One of the really cool things about the design of the Hero Arm is that it has adjustability built into the socket,
“英雄手套设计的亮点之一是它的插座可以调节,
so it can cope with maybe a little bit more growth than usual.
这样一来就可以稍微变大。
And that means that as a child grows, their prosthesis can grow with them."
这意味着随着孩子的成长,他们的假肢可以和他们一起成长。”
"I used to have quite a couple of prosthesis that didn't really do much, they just sort of stale really in a sense.
“过去我也有过很多假肢,功能并不多,在某种程度上也确实有点陈旧。
3

It didn't do anything for me, it made me stick out and I did not like them.

基本上帮不了我什么忙,还让我变得更显眼了,所以我不是很喜欢。
I think I just got them because I thought that was the normal thing to do."
我觉得我装上那些假肢是因为我觉得我应该装。”
"That's one of the things that we're most proud of is the the fact that you can change the look and style of it,
“我们最引以为傲的事情之一就是你可以改变它的外观和风格,
we've got a customizer so you can design them yourself, change the colors,
我们有定制款,你可以自己设计,自己决定颜色,
it's an expression of individuality and it means that you have choice over the way that your prosthesis looks.
我们支持个性化的表达,您可以自己选择假体的外观。
We much prefer the kind of prostheses that we're making which don't pretend to look like a human limb,
我们更喜欢我们设计的假肢,因为它并没有要假装看起来像人的肢体,
and they're saying you're unique, you're different and that's brilliant, you should celebrate that.
我们的手套要表达的是你是独一无二的,你是不同的,这很棒,是值得庆祝的。
Same way like the glasses I'm wearing today,
就像今天我戴的眼镜一样,
I wouldn't wear skin colored glasses frames that try and look like eyes,
我不会戴那种看起来更像肉眼的肉色眼镜框,
it's totally ridiculous to even consider that."
想想就觉得那样很荒谬。”
"People's eyes light up and it's just nice to have questions like how does this arm work as opposed to what happened to you kind of thing."
“人们会觉得眼前一亮,被大家问这个假肢怎么工作的而不是你的手怎么了这种问题,会让人觉得很开心。”
"We've done lots of open source work.
“我们做了很多开源工作。
By releasing those design files, giving people those tools,
通过发布这些设计文件,为人们提供这些工具,
we'll be able to ultimately integrate some of those really cool new technologies back into our products in the future.
我们有能力最终将这些非常酷的新技术集成到未来的产品中。
We've seen some incredible projects from researchers at different universities.
已经有一些大学研究人员成立了一些非常不错的项目。
There was a researcher that worked with a upper limb different musician,
比如,有一位研究员和一位上肢很特别的音乐家合作过,
he was able to independently control each finger to play the piano and that was using one of our hands.
他能够独立控制每个手指弹钢琴,而且只用一只手。
It shows that these technologies that get talked about a lot in the media and get hyped up,
这表明,这些被媒体大量讨论并带有夸张成分的技术,
they can actually be translated into something that people can genuinely get and use."
真的可以被转化成人们可以真正获得和使用的东西。”
"Seeing these kids like Tilly and Cameron wearing these arms really warms my heart
“看到蒂莉和卡梅隆这些孩子戴着这些手套真的让我有种心里涌上一股暖流的感觉
because as a kid, I dreamt of something like that and now it's reality,
因为小时候我就希望有这样一个东西,现在它成了现实,
it's just overwhelming in a way because I just can't believe I'm part of it."
从某种程度上来说,那种感觉可以说到了让人窒息的底部,因为我实在不敢相信我也参与到了其中。”

重点单词   查看全部解释    
opposed [ə'pəuzd]

想一想再看

adj. 反对的,敌对的 v. 和 ... 起冲突,反抗

 
stick [stik]

想一想再看

n. 枝,杆,手杖
vt. 插于,刺入,竖起<

 
ridiculous [ri'dikjuləs]

想一想再看

adj. 荒谬的,可笑的

联想记忆
affordable [ə'fɔ:dəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 支付得起的,不太昂贵的

联想记忆
thumb [θʌm]

想一想再看

n. 拇指
v. 翻阅,示意要求搭车

 
ultimately ['ʌltimitli]

想一想再看

adv. 最后,最终

 
limb [lim]

想一想再看

n. 枝干,树枝,肢体
vt. 切断(树枝,手

 
integrate ['intigreit]

想一想再看

v. 整合,使 ... 成整体
adj. 组合

 
assemble [ə'sembl]

想一想再看

vt. 聚集,集合,装配
vi. 集合,聚集

联想记忆
incredible [in'kredəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 难以置信的,惊人的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。