手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 科学探秘之旅 > 正文

工作学习没状态? 试试这些办法吧!

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

We've all heard the phrase, "get your creative juices flowing."

我们都听过“让你的创造力犹如泉涌。”这句话,
Weird as it sounds, there may be some truth to the term, "creative juices..."
听着怪怪的是吧,但“创造力……”这句话也不是全无道理的,
which I will stop saying right now, because it feels weird to say.
后面的那个词我不想说了,因为说起来怪怪的。
Meet BDNF, also known as Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor.
我们先来认识一下BDNF吧,也就是“脑源性神经营养因子”。
BDNF isn’t a synthetic creativity juice you can just grab at Costco.
BDNF并不是你在科斯科能买到的那种健脑果汁。
The role of BDNF is stimulating, maintaining, and supporting neuronal growth in your nervous system, helping make more connections in your brain.
BDNF的作用是刺激,维持并帮助神经系统神经元的生长,从而增加大脑神经元的连接。
Those increased synaptic connections can help you get out of that creative rut.
这种突触连接的增加能够帮助大家走出缺乏创造力的泥沼。
And how is it released?
那BDNF是如何产生的呢?
Exercise! And I’m not talking Crossfit, Zumba, or Milly rocking on every block.
锻炼!我说的锻炼不是风靡大街小巷的混合健身、尊巴舞或者Milly rocking。
Lighter exercise like walking can help you get some BDNF in your system.
走路之类比较轻松的运动也能帮您往体内释放一些BDNF。
BDNF is integral to processes of learning and memory,
BDNF是学习和记忆过程中不可或缺的一部分,
and if you need more proof that it's important,
如果你还需要更多证据证明它的重要性,
there's significant evidence that Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and Huntington’s Disease patients have less BDNF in their brains.
听好了,有大量证据表明阿尔茨海默症患者,帕金森患者和亨廷顿病患者大脑里的BDNF都较少。
So getting those levels up early in life could help stave off those neurodegenerative diseases.
因此,幼年时提高这些DDNF的水平能够帮助我们预防这些神经退行性疾病。
Write a little, walk a little.
写点儿东西,就出去走走。
If you get blocked, take a walk.
没思路了?出去走走吧。
If the juices ain’t flowing, get up and get going.
如果创造力不再涌出,那就起来出去走动走动。
Honestly, what am I doing here?
讲真,我现在到底在干嘛?
I should be writing science mixtapes and selling them in Times Square.
我现在应该在写科学混音磁带然后拿到时代广场去卖啊。
There’s so much scrutiny from so many people into our lives,
我们的生活随时随地都受到了严密的监视,
increased exponentially by social media,
社交媒体的诞生又让这种监视呈指数增加,
that it could be doing damage to our mental health, increasing psychosocial stress.
这样一来,我们的心理健康就可能受损,社会心理压力也由此增加。
All of that in turn affects our depression and anxiety.
所有这些反过来又影响了我们的抑郁和焦虑。
But, that damage isn’t irreparable.
然而,这种损害并非无法弥补。
Changing small things about your mindset and routine can affect you on a neurological level, a.k.a.“neuroplasticity.”
哪怕是心态或习惯的小小改变也能够带来神经学方面的变化,这就是“神经可塑性”。
Neuroplasticity is exactly what it sounds like: neuro, “brain” and plasticity, “flexible.”
神经可塑性就是它的字面意思:神经,“大脑”的可塑性,“灵活”。
In this case, it means that our brains have the ability to change and adapt in response to our environment.
这里的意思就是我们的大脑有能力根据我们的环境作出改变和适应。
We can help alleviate these symptoms of depression, anxiety, and psychosocial stress by changing small things in our routine.
我们可以通过改变日常生活中的一些小事来缓解抑郁、焦虑和社会心理压力等症状。
It doesn’t have to be a reboot of your entire life - #New Year New Me;
不一定非要“新的一年,全新的我”那种洗心革面的改变;
it could be a small change that makes things better...#New Year Same Me But Like...I Changed Some Stuff...?
而是稍稍改动一下,生活就会变得不一样,““新的一年我还是我,只是稍稍不一样了”那种感觉的改变。
Yeah, that’s clunky, we gotta fix that in post.
嗯,听着是有点儿拗口啊,这个我们等下再改吧。
Hop off social media for a while. Take a trip. Change your work environment.
暂时从社交媒体上退出一会儿。去旅个游。换个工作环境。
Cut that messy friend who talks all kinds of trash out of your life, or stop being that friend.
把那个经常抖你糗事的损友拉黑,自己是这种人的话就别再当这种人了。
All of these things will not only positively affect your physical health, like your heart and immune functions, but also your psychological health.
所有这些办法不仅有益身体健康,有益于心脏功能和免疫功能等等,也会影响大家的心理健康。
3

Finally, I cannot STRESS this enough: GO TO SLEEP.

最后一点,睡觉,这个办法怎么强调都不为过。
If you gotta cut this video off now and go to sleep immediately, do it.
如果你现在就想关掉视频去睡觉,那你就关!
I’ll be here when you wake up.
我可以等你醒来再说。
Welcome back! I realize that there’s extenuating circumstances to getting enough sleep:
你回来啦!我发现,大家有各种各样缺觉的理由:
work and family stuff, being a college student trying to survive in a capitalist society, et cetera.
工作,家庭,在资本主义社会中求生的大学生,等等等等。
But important things happen in your brain when you’re asleep.
但是大家睡着的时候,大脑里其实还在进行着非常重要的活动。
First, cerebrospinal fluid is cleaning toxins out of your brain while you sleep.
首先,脑脊液会在你休息的时候清除大脑中的毒素。
The more time asleep, the more thorough that cleaning can be.
你睡觉的时间越长,清洁得就越彻底。
Second, it preserves and encodes our memories in our hippocampus, in turn helping us keep track of our day,
其次,脑脊液还会对我们海马体内的记忆进行存储和编码,反过来帮我们记录当天的内容,
the next day’s agenda, and who owes us money (Steve, I know you saw the Venmo charge, so text me back).
记录第二天的安排,还有谁欠了我们钱(史蒂夫,我知道你看到了Venmo上的账单,那你还不快回我信息)。
Third, it solidifies new information we’ve learned over the last day.
第三,脑脊液还会巩固我们在当天学到的新信息。
This especially goes out to all my people still in school –
提别是我那些还在上学的宝贝儿们,
you’ve learned so much information in your last day of classes;
你们上了一天的课,肯定学了特别多的知识;
just go to sleep to help remember it,
睡觉去吧,睡觉能够帮你把那些知识记得更牢,
stop playing FIFA, Fortnite, and 2K all night (yeah, I was you once, I know what you’re doing).
别整夜整夜玩儿FIFA玩儿Fortnite和2K了(没错,我也是过来人,你们那点儿事儿我门儿清着呐)。
These are small tips that have science to back them up.
这些小窍门儿背后都是有科学依据的。
Try all of these for a month and track your progress.
大家不妨把所有这些窍门儿都试一遍,坚持一个月并记录自己的进步。
Did you finish a project?
项目完成了吗?
Did you write that super hot fire science mixtape that went double platinum, no features?
那个超屌的没什么特色还拿了“双白金”的科学混音磁带你写出来了吗?
If so, keep at it, and let’s make #New Year Same Me But A Little Bit Better Than Before trend.
如果你都做到了,那就坚持下去,我们一起来引领一场名为#新的一年,我还是我,只是稍微不一样了的潮流吧。
One mechanism to deal with stress that I didn’t mention is mindful meditation,
还有一种我没有提到的应对压力的方法,那就是修禅,
which, if you have a friend who doesn't shut up in line at brunch, you've probably heard about.
如果你排队买早午餐都哔哔个不停的朋友,你可能会听过这种办法。
But is there ANY scientific truth to that?
但这种方法有科学依据吗?
Check out this episode right here to find out
去这个视频里寻找答案吧,
and while you’re at it, subscribe to Seeker for all new stories about science, all the time.
看视频的时候顺便关注一下我们的频道,我们会一直更新更多的科学故事喔。
You know what you like. You know why you're here.
你喜欢看什么,为什么在看我们的频道你自己还能不知道嘛。
Thanks for watching.
感谢大家的观看。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
anxiety [æŋ'zaiəti]

想一想再看

n. 焦虑,担心,渴望

 
mechanism ['mekənizəm]

想一想再看

n. 机制,原理
n. 机械,机构,结构

 
evidence ['evidəns]

想一想再看

n. 根据,证据
v. 证实,证明

联想记忆
affect [ə'fekt]

想一想再看

vt. 影响,作用,感动

联想记忆
survive [sə'vaiv]

想一想再看

vt. 比 ... 活得长,幸免于难,艰难度过

联想记忆
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆
creative [kri'eitiv]

想一想再看

adj. 创造性的

联想记忆
factor ['fæktə]

想一想再看

n. 因素,因子
vt. 把 ... 因素包括

联想记忆
track [træk]

想一想再看

n. 小路,跑道,踪迹,轨道,乐曲
v. 跟踪

 
agenda [ə'dʒendə]

想一想再看

n. 议事日程

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。