手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 畅游海底世界 > 正文

姥鲨与七鳃鳗(下)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

At last we find another shark and manage to sneak the boat up nearby.

最后我们找到了另一条鲨鱼,并设法把船偷偷地划到它的附近。
The shark is just cruising slowly, feeding on the plankton.
这条鲨鱼正缓慢地游动,吃着浮游生物。
We jump in the inflatable and head out with cameras to see if it has a lamprey on its back.
我们跳上充气船,带着相机,去看看它背上是否有七鳃鳗。
We approach as close as we can, and roll off the boat.
我们尽可能得靠近它,然后翻下船。
An enormous shark passes below us in the green soupy water.
一条巨鲨在浓绿的海水中从我们下面经过。
The thick plankton makes the visibility bad, but that's why the sharks are here. It's pretty spooky.
稠密的浮游生物让能见度很低,但它却是鲨鱼在此的原因。感觉令人毛骨悚然。
I see a lamprey on the shark as it goes by, but I am not deep enough to grab it.
当鲨鱼经过时,我看到它上面有一条七鳃鳗,但我潜得不够深,无法抓住它。
We have a theory which is that it seems like you guys are getting closer than we are with the boat.
我们有一个推测,你们似乎比我们这些船上的人离它更近。
And I think because we have an outboard and it's really loud under water
我觉得因为我们尾部装有马达,它在水下的声音非常大,
and you guys have an exhaust up out of water.
而你们的排气装置在水外面。
I think this boat is actually quieter to the shark.
我觉得这艘船对鲨鱼来说更安静。
We decide to bring the Mary O up alongside a shark.
我们决定把“玛丽 奥”开到一条鲨鱼旁边。
They seem to react a lot better to this than the inflatable.
它们对此的反应似乎比对充气船的反应要好得多。
On the next attempt I jump into the water and get some good video of the lampreys on a shark.
在接下来的一次尝试中,我跳进水里,拍了一些关于七鳃鳗在一条鲨鱼上的视频。
I'm incredibly excited that I finally have proof for the biologists that these sharks have lampreys on them.
我非常兴奋,因为我终于为生物学家们找到了证据,证明这些鲨鱼身上有七鳃鳗。
Now the hard part: our team takes turns trying to grab a lamprey and get it to the surface.
现在是最艰难的环节:我们的团队轮流试着抓住一条七鳃鳗并将它带到地面上。
I manage to get one with one hand while holding my video camera in the other.
我一只手成功抓到了一条,另一只手举着我的摄像机。
Put the net in the water! Got em! Alright! He got one!
把网放到水里!抓到它们了!好了!他抓到了一条!
Meanwhile, Mike begins getting his apparatus together.
与此同时,迈克开始整理他的器械。
That's a Parasitic Lampreys taken right off of a Basking Shark. That's impressive.
这是一条从姥鲨身上取下来的寄生七鳃鳗。令人印象深刻。
I'm not sure this has ever been done before.
我不确定以前是否做过。
He wants to find out how the lampreys can handle the toxic blood of the shark.
他想知道七鳃鳗如何处理鲨鱼的有毒血液的。

姥鲨.jpg

Sharks have a lot of urea in their blood which is why biologists used to think that sharks could not have lampreys on them.

鲨鱼的血液中含有大量的尿素,这就是生物学家曾经认为鲨鱼身上不可能有七鳃鳗的原因。
Lampreys have a terrible looking oral disk instead of a jaw,
七鳃鳗没有下颚,而是有一个可怕的口盘
used to drill a hole in a fish and drink their blood, like vampires.
用来在鱼身上钻洞吸血,就像吸血鬼一样。
If they are drinking the shark's blood, they are getting what biologists consider a deadly dose of toxic urea.
如果它们吸鲨鱼的血,它们就会得到生物学家认为的致命有毒尿素。
So Mike wants to find out if they are really drinking the shark's blood, or just getting a free ride.
所以迈克想知道它们是真得喝鲨鱼的血,还是只是搭个顺风车。
If they are drinking the shark's blood, how do they deal with the urea?
如果它们喝鲨鱼的血,它们该如何处理尿素呢?
The lamprey doesn't seem very happy about being confined to a tiny little tray full of water.
对于被关在一个装满水的小托盘里,七鳃鳗似乎不太高兴。
We discuss the capture of the first lamprey, and how we may go about getting another one.
我们讨论第一条七鳃鳗的抓捕过程,以及如何去抓另一条的问题。
...behind the dorsal fin. Probably closer to the caudal fin on top of it's body right before it's tail.
在背鳍的后面,可能更靠近鲨鱼身体上面、尾巴正前面的尾鳍位置。
There where two of them right next to each other.
在那里,它们紧挨着彼此。
If he was actually feeding on the Basking Shark,
如果它真得以姥鲨为食,
my guess is that his metabolic rate is through the roof right now.
那么我猜测它的新陈代谢率现在正处于顶峰。
He'd be producing waste like crazy.
它会疯狂地制造废物。
Later in the day after many more attempts, I was able to grab another lamprey off a shark.
当天晚些时候,经过多次尝试,我又从鲨鱼身上抓到了一条七鳃鳗。
We observe the two very active lampreys in the cooler.
我们在冷却器中观察这两条非常活跃的七鳃鳗。
One of them really wants to attach to something.
其中一条真的想要依附某物。
With two lampreys aboard, we call it a day and head for the dock.
船上载着两条七鳃鳗,于是我们今天到此为止,前往码头。
Mike's research showed that the lampreys are in fact drinking the shark's blood
迈克的研究表明,七鳃鳗实际是在喝鲨鱼的血,
and it turns out they have powerful kidneys that can filter out the toxic urea.
原来它们有强大的肾脏可以过滤出有毒的尿素。
This only goes to show that one simple photograph of something unexpected
这一事件表明,一张意想不到的简单照片
can lead to an amazing new discovery about life in the ocean.
可能会带来一个关于海洋生命的惊人新发现。
Who knows how many more discoveries await us in the sea?
谁知道海上还有多少新发现在等着我们呢?
I'm keeping my eyes peeled as I continue to explore the Blue World.
当我继续探索这个蓝色世界时,我会一直留意着。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
approach [ə'prəutʃ]

想一想再看

n. 接近; 途径,方法
v. 靠近,接近,动

联想记忆
filter ['filtə]

想一想再看

n. 筛选,滤波器,过滤器,滤色镜
v. 过滤

联想记忆
exhaust [ig'zɔ:st]

想一想再看

v. 耗尽,使衰竭,使筋疲力尽
n. 排气装置

联想记忆
toxic ['tɔksik]

想一想再看

adj. 有毒的
n. 有毒物质

联想记忆
enormous [i'nɔ:məs]

想一想再看

adj. 巨大的,庞大的

联想记忆
impressive [im'presiv]

想一想再看

adj. 给人深刻印象的

联想记忆
react [ri'ækt]

想一想再看

vt. 作出反应
vi. 起反应,起作用,反攻

联想记忆
observe [əb'zə:v]

想一想再看

v. 观察,遵守,注意到
v. 评论,庆

联想记忆
confined [kən'faind]

想一想再看

adj. 幽禁的;狭窄的;有限制的;在分娩中的 v. 限

联想记忆
unexpected ['ʌnik'spektid]

想一想再看

adj. 想不到的,意外的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。