手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 畅游海底世界 > 正文

世界上最危险的鲨鱼 大白鲨(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

The Great White Shark, one of the most feared predators in the seas.

大白鲨是海洋中最可怕的食肉动物之一。
This is one of the most dangerous sharks in the world, considered by many to be a man-eater.
它是世界上最危险的鲨鱼之一,被许多人认为是食人鲨。
But just how aggressive are these sharks?
但是这些鲨鱼有多凶猛呢?
Join me on a mission to investigate great white sharks.
和我一起去调查大白鲨吧。
Hi, I'm Jonathan Bird and welcome to my world!
嗨,我是乔纳森·伯德,欢迎来到我的世界!
Great white sharks are not easy to find.
大白鲨并不容易找到。
There are only a handful of places in the world where divers can see them in the wild.
潜水员只能在世界的几个地方看到野外的大白鲨。
So I've come here, to San Diego California,
所以我来到了这里——加利福尼亚州的圣地亚哥市,
to get on a boat and make a 200 miles crossing to an inland in Mexico called Guadalupe
我登上一艘船,横越200英里到达墨西哥一个叫做瓜达卢佩的内陆地区,
where we hope to find Great white sharks.
在这里我们希望能找到大白鲨。
My home for the expedition is a converted fishing boat.
我这次探险的庇护所是一艘改装过的渔船。
I'll be spending the week with several other divers and a few shark researchers.
我将与其他几位潜水员和鲨鱼研究人员一起度过这一周。
Our journey will take us across 200 miles of open Pacific Ocean,
我们此次旅程将穿越200英里开阔的太平洋,
from San Diego to Guadalupe Island in Mexico, off the Baja peninsula.
从圣地亚哥到达下加利福尼亚半岛附近的墨西哥瓜达卢佩岛。
We depart from the dock and start our journey with high expectations.
我们离开码头,满怀期待地开始了我们的旅程。
Our first stop, however, is at the bait shop, where we pick up baitfish to use for catching tuna.
然而,我们的第一站是鱼饵店,在那里我们选了用来抓捕金枪鱼的钓饵鱼。
Then the tuna will be used as bait for the Sharks.
然后金枪鱼将用作鲨鱼的鱼饵。
While I often swim with sharks in open water, unprotected by a cage, white sharks are a little too big for that.
尽管我经常不用笼子保护就在开阔水域和鲨鱼一起游泳,但白鲨的体型实在太大了。
The crew insists that we use cages for safety.
船员们坚持说我们为了安全要使用笼子。
After 2 hours, we pass the Coronado Islands in Mexican waters.
两小时后,我们经过墨西哥水域的科罗纳群岛。
This is the last land I'll see until we reach Guadalupe...another 20 hours from now.
这是我在20个小时后到达瓜达卢佩岛之前看到的最后一块土地。
Along the way we stop to do some fishing. I'm generally not much of a fisherman.
路上我们停下来钓了一些鱼。我通常不太会钓鱼。
After all, I would rather swim with the fish than catch them,
毕竟,我宁愿和鱼一起游泳,也不愿抓捕它们
but in this case we need some bait to attract the sharks, so everyone has to do their part.
但此次我们需要一些诱饵来吸引鲨鱼,所以每个人都必须尽自己的一份力。

white.png

Whoa! Strong! HELLO. Aww another one in the food chain!

噢!好强!你好!喔,食物链又添了一条!
We then continue our journey to Guadalupe Island.
随后我们继续前往瓜达卢佩岛。
We encounter rough seas, but finally, the next morning we arrive at Guadalupe.
我们遇到了汹涌的波涛,但最终,我们在第二天早上到达了瓜达卢佩。
This desolate island is an extinct volcano that pokes out of the Pacific.
这座荒凉的岛屿是从太平洋上探出来的一座死火山。
Almost nothing can survive on this rock outcropping.
它上面岩石裸露,几乎没有什么东西可以生存。
Our first task upon arrival is to get the chum in the water.
我们到达后的第一个任务是往水里撒鱼饵。
The crew use fish meal and water to create a fishy soup in a trash can.
船员们用鱼粉和水在垃圾桶里制作鱼汤。
Then, a pump squirts it overboard. This creates a scent trail in the water to draw the sharks to the boat.
然后,用一个泵将它喷射到舷外。这会在水中制造一种气味的痕迹,将鲨鱼吸引到船边。
Once the chum has been started, we turn our attention to getting the cages in the water.
鱼饵一撒好,我们就把注意力转向把笼子放进水里。
These large cages can hold up to five people each, and they have large holes for cameras.
这些大笼子能容纳五个人,而且它们有很大的孔用于安装摄像机。
Hopefully I'll be able to get some great shots of the sharks.
希望我能拍到鲨鱼的一些精彩镜头。
Once the cages are in the water, we tie some tuna on a rope
笼子一沉到水里,我们就把一些金枪鱼绑在绳子上
and throw it into the water with a float to keep it near the surface.
然后用浮子把它扔进水里,让它靠近水面。
Members of the crew also take turns whacking the water with a pole, which is said to attract sharks.
船员们还轮流用一根杆子打水,据说这能吸引鲨鱼。
The water slapping and the chum soup helps get the sharks to the boat,
海水拍打和诱饵汤有助于吸引鲨鱼到船边,
but only something more substantial like tuna chunks will convince them to stick around and approach the cages.
但只有金枪鱼块这样更实质性的东西才能说服它们留下来,靠近笼子。
Now we wait. It can take hours or even days to get sharks.
现在我们要等待。见到鲨鱼可能需要几个小时甚至几天的时间。
Then without warning, a shark comes up and checks out one of the tuna baits.
然后,毫无预兆地,一条鲨鱼出现并检查了其中一条金枪鱼鱼饵。
Today we're lucky because it only took a couple of hours.
我们今天很幸运,因为只花了几个小时。
Now the fun part. I suit up into my gear for my dive with a white shark!
现在到了有趣的环节。我穿上我的潜水装备和一头白鲨一起潜水!
The water is about 70 degrees, so I need a wetsuit to stay warm.
现在的水温大概是70华氏度,所以我需要一套保暖的潜水服。
Next I step down onto the swim platform where the crew outfits me with a really heavy weight harness.
接下来,我来到游泳平台,那里的船员们给我戴上了一个非常重的加重带。
A normal weight belt for diving with this much of a wetsuit is about 10 pounds,
潜水用得正常加重带加上这件大潜水服大概是10英镑,
but I am wearing a 40-pound weight harness
但是我戴着的是一个40磅重的加重带,
so I'll be able to stand firmly on the bottom of the cage
所以我能稳稳地站在笼子底部,
without floating up and hitting my head on the top of the cage!
不用浮起来,头撞到笼子顶部!
I don't need a bulky scuba tank because we are using surface-supplied air on a long hose.
我不需要一个笨重的潜水氧气瓶,因为我们用的是水面供气式长软管。
Diving with Surface-Supplied Air is a very different kind of diving than what I'm used to,
水面供气式潜水方式与我之前用过的潜水方式非常不同,
but it works well for this kind of underwater experience....as long as the shark can't get to the hose!
但这种水下体验效果很好,只要鲨鱼够不到水管就行!
They hand me my camera and I drop below the waves to wait for a shark.
他们把我的相机递给我,我潜到浪底下等鲨鱼。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
crew [kru:]

想一想再看

n. 全体船员,全体乘务员,(一组)工作人员

 
pump [pʌmp]

想一想再看

n. 泵,抽水机,打气筒,抽水,打气
v. 打

 
pacific [pə'sifik]

想一想再看

n. 太平洋
adj. 太平洋的
p

联想记忆
tank [tæŋk]

想一想再看

n. 坦克,箱,罐,槽,贮水池
vt. 把 .

 
extinct [iks'tiŋkt]

想一想再看

adj. 灭绝的,熄灭的,耗尽的

联想记忆
platform ['plætfɔ:m]

想一想再看

n. 平台,站台,月台,讲台,(政党的)政纲

联想记忆
approach [ə'prəutʃ]

想一想再看

n. 接近; 途径,方法
v. 靠近,接近,动

联想记忆
stick [stik]

想一想再看

n. 枝,杆,手杖
vt. 插于,刺入,竖起<

 
depart [di'pɑ:t]

想一想再看

vt. 离开
vi. 离开,死亡,脱轨

联想记忆
pole [pəul]

想一想再看

n. 杆,柱,极点
v. (用杆)支撑

 

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 姥鲨与七鳃鳗 2018-07-16
  • 姥鲨与七鳃鳗(下) 2018-07-18
  • 世界上最危险的鲨鱼 大白鲨(下) 2018-07-23
  • 鲨鱼吃鲸鱼的粪便(上) 2018-07-25
  • 鲨鱼吃鲸鱼的粪便(下) 2018-07-27
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。