手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

我们为什么打哈欠

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hey, Squeaks! How's it going?

嗨,吱吱!你最近好吗?
Is it just me, or is it a little stuffy in here?
是我自己的原因,还是因为这里有点儿闷啊?
Wow! I've been yawning a lot lately, and I wanted to figure out why!
哇!我最近一直打哈欠,我想要找出原因!
Scientists actually aren't totally sure why we yawn,
科学家们实际并没有完全确定我们打哈欠的原因,
but a lot of them think that we yawn to cool down our brains because sometimes they can get too warm!
但他们许多人认为我们打哈欠是为了让我们的大脑冷静下来,因为有时它们太热了!
Whoa! It's a very weird idea, but it also makes a lot of sense if you think about when people tend to yawn.
哇哦!这是一个非常奇怪的想法,但如果你想想人们什么时候会打哈欠,这也很有道理。
You yawn a lot when you're tired, right?
你累的时候经常打哈欠,对吧?
And scientists have found that our brains are a little warmer than usual
科学家们发现,我们的大脑
when we're tired, and right before we fall asleep, so that's when that sleepytime yawn comes in.
在我们疲劳时或入睡前会比平时热一点儿,这时睡眠哈欠就来了。
Your brain can also get warm if you're generally just warm.
如果你感觉温暖的话,你的大脑也可能变热。
So that's why you might yawn more if it's a summer day or if you're in a hot and stuffy room.
所以这就是你在夏天或待在闷热的房间可能会打更多哈欠的原因。
Hey, Squeaks, that might be why I just yawned!
嘿,吱吱,这可能就是我打哈欠的原因!
On the other hand, you might also yawn when you need to focus on something,
另一方面,你需要专注某事时可能也会打哈欠,
because you think more clearly with a cooler brain.
因为冷静的头脑才能思考得更清楚。
Maybe you're settling down to read a book and a yawn just comes out.
或许你专心读书的时候哈欠就来了。
It doesn't mean you're bored of the book;
这并不意味着你对书厌倦了;
it just might be your body's way of getting your brain ready to read.
这可能是你的身体让大脑准备阅读的方式。
So I might have also yawned because I wanted to focus on what we're talking about!
所以我想专注于我们讨论的话题时可能也会打哈欠!

哈欠.png

But how does yawning cool our brains down?

但打哈欠如何让我们的大脑冷静下来呢?
Well, let's look at a yawn a little more closely.
我们更仔细地看一下打哈欠。
The first thing that happens when you yawn is that you open your mouth really wide and you take a big, deep breath in.
你打哈欠的第一步是张大嘴巴,深深地吸一大口气。
As you're breathing in, the air actually cools down the blood that's going to your brain.
当你吸气时,空气会冷却流向大脑的血液。
There's another time people yawn a lot that we haven't talked about yet!
还有一种时候也会经常打哈欠,我们还没有讨论!
What about when one person yawns, and someone else yawns right after.
如果一个人打哈欠,另一个人紧接着就打哈欠。
Can you really catch a yawn from someone else?
你真能从别人那里传染哈欠吗?
Well, the answer is … sort of!
嗯,答案是..有点儿可能!
People do usually yawn when they see someone else doing it, although it depends how old you are.
人们看到别人打哈欠时通常也会打,不过这取决于你的年纪。
If you're younger than five years old, you might not experience contagious yawning at all,
如果你不到五岁,可能根本就不会有传染性哈欠,
though you'll still definitely yawn!
虽然你还是会打呵欠!
So, why are yawns contagious?
那么,哈欠为什么会传染呢?
Well, it could be that if we see someone yawning,
原因可能是如果我们看到有人打哈欠,
even though we're not really aware of it, our brain goes,
即使我们没有意识到它,但我们的大脑还是会想
"Oh, that's a good idea maybe I should do it, too!"
“噢,这是个好主意,或许我也应该这样做!”
So yawning could be a way we communicate with each other!
所以打哈欠可以是我们相互交流的一种方式!
It might also be the same thing as when you smile when someone else smiles, it's a way of sharing a feeling.
有人向你微笑时,你也会回以微笑,打哈欠也一样,它是分享感觉的一种方式。
We're naturally social creatures, and sometimes we just want to feel what another person is feeling
我们天生是社会性生物,有时我们只想感受别人的感受
so that we can understand them a little bit better.
这样我们就能更好地理解他们了。
It's like when you might get sad when you're watching a sad movie, even though you know that it's just a movie.
这就像你在看悲伤电影时可能会感到悲伤一样,即使你知道它只是一场电影。
There's still a lot we don't know about yawning, though.
不过,我们对打哈欠仍有很多不了解的地方。
For example, some people "catch" them way more easily than other people and we're not really sure why!
例如,有人感染它们比别人更容易,我们还不能确定其原因!
That is a lot of yawns, Squeaks! How about we go to get some fresh air?
吱吱,我打了好多哈欠!我们去呼吸点儿新鲜空气怎么样?
Thanks for joining us!
感谢您的收看!
If you have more questions about yawning, or the way our bodies work, or anything at all,
如果你对打哈欠或者我们身体的运作方式或其他任何东西有更多的疑问,
just grab a grown-up and leave a comment below,
找个大人帮忙在下方留言,
or send us an email tokids@scishow.com.
或发邮件至kids@scishow.com
Thanks! We'll see you next time, here at the Fort!
感谢您的收看!我们下期见,沃斯堡等你哦!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
stuffy ['stʌfi]

想一想再看

adj. (房间等)不通气的,(人或事物)沉闷乏味的,自

联想记忆
comment ['kɔment]

想一想再看

n. 注释,评论; 闲话
v. 注释,评论

联想记忆
communicate [kə'mju:nikeit]

想一想再看

v. 交流,传达,沟通

联想记忆
figure ['figə]

想一想再看

n. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型
v

联想记忆
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆
contagious [kən'teidʒəs]

想一想再看

adj. 传染性的,会蔓延的,会传播的

联想记忆
social ['səuʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 社会的,社交的
n. 社交聚会

 
tend [tend]

想一想再看

v. 趋向,易于,照料,护理

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。