手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 科学探秘之旅 > 正文

食用太多人工甜味剂会怎样?

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Apparently, no calories does NOT equal no consequences,

很明显,没有卡路里不等于没有后果,
and artificial sweeteners, like the kind you may find in diet drinks, may be just as bad for you as sugar,
人造甜味剂,就是减肥饮料里加的那种,对你的害处可能和糖差不多,
with your brain and your gut responding in surprising ways to that delicious, synthetic sweetness.
而且,你的大脑和内脏对那种可口的合成甜味的反应可能会让你大吃一惊。
The FDA has approved six artificial sweeteners as a low-calorie or no-calorie options to help us curb things like obesity.
为了帮助大家控制肥胖等问题,美国食品和药物管理局(FDA)规定,有六种人造甜味剂可以充当低卡路里或零卡路里添加剂。
So, they’re not sugar but studies have shown that your body may still be reacting to them negatively.
所以,它们不是糖,然而,研究表明,你的身体可能还是会做出消极反应。
How is it processing these seemingly magical compounds?
那我们的身体到底是如何处理这些看似神奇的化合物的呢?
The main theories come down to your brain and your gut.
这方面,主要的理论还是回到了我们的大脑和内脏问题上。
Multiple studies have shown that sustained artificial sweetener use can induce insulin resistance, and this probably involves your brain.
多项研究都表明,持续食用人工甜味剂会引发胰岛素耐受性,而这可能跟我们的大脑有关。
It could be when your tongue tastes something sweet,
可能是你的舌头在尝到甜味的时候,
your brain is expecting the physical presence of sugar,
你的大脑就会预设你是吃到了糖,
and tells your pancreas to start producing insulin, which lets your body absorb the sugar.
从而刺激你的胰腺开始分泌胰岛素来吸收这些糖分。
Only when there’s no sugar to absorb, you still have the insulin in your body.
唯一的区别就在于,虽然你的体内没有需要吸收的糖分,你的身体还是会分泌胰岛素。
Repeating this process every time you drink a diet soda
每次喝减肥汽水的时候,你的身体就会重复这一反应,
could lead to insulin build-up with no place for it to go,
长此以往,体内的胰岛素水平升高,
and then, systemic insulin resistance, the precursor to diabetes.
之后就会出现系统性的胰岛素耐受性,糖尿病就离你不远了。
Turns out, we can’t turn our brains off. It’s just trying to do its job, guys.
问题是,我们又不能让大脑停工。毕竟,人家只是在做它的本职工作而已。
Artificial sweeteners are anywhere between 200 to 20,000 times sweeter than table sugar,
人造甜味剂比蔗糖的甜度要高出200倍到2万倍,
and aside from the insulin issue, we’re still unsure how our taste receptors process these substitutes.
除了胰岛素问题,我们还是不确定我们的味觉器官是如何处理这些替代品的。
Science does suggest, however, that your brain can distinguish between the two.
不过,科学研究还是表明,你的大脑是可以区分出两者的不同的。
It knows when you’re eating real sugar,
你吃真正的糖的时候你的大脑是知道的,
and even though it still releases insulin in response to artificial sweeteners,
尽管你吃人工甜味剂的时候你的大脑还是会释放胰岛素,
they light up a different neural reward pathway than real sugar.
人工甜味剂和真正的糖激活的并不是同一条神经奖励环路。
So at the same time that we’re exposing our taste receptors to extremely, intensely sweet-tasting foods,
所以,虽然我们的味觉器官暴露在各种极甜的食物之中,
our brain isn't getting a brain sugar-high.
我们的大脑并没有被冲昏。
these factors lead some experts to say that we’re training our palate to crave sweeter and sweeter things
这些也导致了一些专家说我们正在训练我们的味蕾爱上越来越甜的食品,
while our brain still isn’t receiving ‘true’ sugar satisfaction, so we’re just exacerbating a sugar craving, not treating it.
虽然我们的大脑并没有得到对“真正的”糖的满足,所以我们只是加深了我们对糖的渴望却没有满足这种渴望。
But it’s not just our brains, it could be our guts too.
问题不仅仅是我们的大脑,我们的内脏也可能这样。
Because, microbes!! Or at least a little bit.
因为,微生物!!至少也有一丢丢吧。
These faux sugars aren’t digestible, hence, no calories.
这些人造糖不容易消化,因此也就没有热量。
You literally just poop them out.
可以说吃进去多少就会排出来多少。
1

But that means that those molecules just hang out in your intestines, with certain microbes that can digest them.

但这也意味着,这些分子只是到你的肠道里溜达了一圈,但我们体内的某些微生物却可以消化它们。
Those microbes can then trigger a ‘glucose response’, leading to, you guessed it, insulin resistance.
接下来,这些微生物就会引发“葡萄糖反应”,导致,你猜对了,你的身体产生胰岛素耐受性。
A changed gut microbiome in response to artificial sweetener use could also produce hormonal changes in your body,
食用人工甜味剂引起的肠道微生物群变化可能会影响你体内的激素水平,
quite possibly a hormone that influences your appetite and not in a good way.
并且很可能是会对你的食欲造成不好影响的激素。
The researchers are careful to say, though, that everyone’s microbiome is different,
但研究人员谨慎地说,每个人体内的微生物群都不一样,
so the severity of these effects definitely vary from person to person,
所以这些影响的严重程度肯定因人而异,
and experts advocate a personalized approach to nutritional and medicinal recommendations in this area.
专家们提倡在这个领域提供个性化的营养和药物推荐。
And on top of all this, those who regularly use artificial sweeteners may start to find healthy foods,
最重要的是,经常食用人造甜味剂的人可能会开始觉得健康食品,
even naturally sweet ones like fruit, unpalatable because they’re so used to a more intense taste.
即便是水果等带有天然甜味的东西也不好吃,因为它们已经习惯了更浓烈的味道。
Faux-sugar may help some diet-cola lovers justify consuming extra calories that they wouldn’t otherwise,
人造糖或许是能帮助一些减肥可乐的爱好者证明他们不会消耗额外的卡路里,
because they just drank something with zero calories.
因为他们只喝零卡路里的东西。
And artificial sweeteners may prevent us from associating a sweet taste with weight gain,
而且,人造甜味剂还可能会影响我们将甜味与体重增加联系起来,
training our brain to think we can eat whatever we want with no repercussions.
训练我们的大脑认为我们可以毫无顾忌地吃任何我们想吃的东西。
This is only the beginning of the ways that artificial sweeteners may actually be contributing to the very epidemic they were supposed to help fight: obesity, diabetes, and other weight-related diseases.
而这还只是个开始,人造甜味剂可能不仅不会像它们应该的那样帮助我们对付肥胖、糖尿病或其他跟肥胖相关的疾病,反而还会火上浇油;
So, that’s kinda nuts.
还挺扯淡的哈。
We’re trying to bypass our body’s natural mechanisms so we can eat super sweet stuff with nothing bad happening,
我们本想避开身体自然的规律,放心大胆地吃超级甜的东西,
but it looks like nature is not letting us get away with that.
但貌似自然规律并不会轻易放过我们呢。
That information is a little tough to swallow,
听着好像有点难以接受哈,
but rest assured that we here at Seeker will always keep your science craving satisfied,
不过大家伙儿尽管放心,我们频道会一直满足您对科学的渴望,
so subscribe so you can always decide what not to drink, and check out my other video on how your gut controls you brain.
所以大家快快订阅吧,这样你们就能够知道什么不能喝了,还有,别忘了看我另外一期关于内脏如何控制我们的大脑的视频噢。
Fun Fact: The first artificial sweetener was discovered in a lab accident.
有趣的事实又来啦:人造甜味剂是在一次实验室事故中无意发明出来的。
The scientist spilled a food preservative on his hand and forgot to wash his hands before lunch.
科学家不小心把食品防腐剂洒到了受伤,结果午饭前忘了洗手。
Spoiler: it was sweet
剧透警告:他洒的那个就是甜味剂。
I’m Maren. Thanks for watching!
我是莫伦,感谢大家的观看!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
magical ['mædʒikəl]

想一想再看

adj. 魔术的,有魔力的,神奇的

 
crave [kreiv]

想一想再看

v. 渴望,热望,恳求

联想记忆
resistance [ri'zistəns]

想一想再看

n. 抵抗力,反抗,反抗行动;阻力,电阻;反对

联想记忆
certain ['sə:tn]

想一想再看

adj. 确定的,必然的,特定的
pron.

 
response [ri'spɔns]

想一想再看

n. 回答,响应,反应,答复
n. [宗

联想记忆
swallow ['swɔləu]

想一想再看

n. 燕子,吞咽,一次吞咽的量
vt. 吞下,

联想记忆
hormone ['hɔ:məun]

想一想再看

n. 荷尔蒙,激素

联想记忆
synthetic [sin'θetik]

想一想再看

adj. 综合的,合成的,人造的
n. 人工制

联想记忆
absorb [əb'sɔ:b]

想一想再看

vt. 吸纳,吸引 ... 的注意,吞并

联想记忆
prevent [pri'vent]

想一想再看

v. 预防,防止

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。