手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 畅游海底世界 > 正文

鲨鱼吃鲸鱼的粪便(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Next on Jonathan Bird's Blue World: Sharks that eat something disgusting!

接下来是乔纳森·伯德的“蓝色世界:鲨鱼吃恶心的东西!”
Ahh, Hawaii. With its beautiful beaches and warm weather,
啊哈,夏威夷。夏威夷拥有美丽的海滩和温暖的天气,
few would argue that Hawaii is one of the nicest places in the world to visit.
是世界上最好的旅游胜地之一,这一点无可辩驳。
But you know me, I won't be sitting on the beach getting a tan.
但你了解我的,我不会坐在沙滩上晒日光浴。
I have come to Hawaii to investigate a marine mystery involving a whale and a shark.
我来夏威夷是为了调查一个关于鲸鱼和鲨鱼的海洋之谜。
Hi, I'm Jonathan Bird and welcome to my world!
嗨,我是乔纳森·伯德,欢迎来到我的世界!
Pods of pilot whales live in the waters around the Big Island of Hawaii.
成群的领航鲸生活在夏威夷大岛周围的水域。
And sometimes they have oceanic white-tip sharks following behind them.
有时它们身后会跟着远洋白鳍鲨。
Nobody knows why the sharks follow the whales, but I'd like to see if I can get to the bottom of this mystery.
没人知道为什么鲨鱼会跟着鲸鱼,但我想看看自己能否解开这个谜。
My journey begins with my friend Drew Bradley who has a 25 foot boat and knows how to find the whales.
我与朋友德鲁·布拉德利一起开始旅行,他有一艘25英尺长的船,并且知道怎么找到鲸鱼。
We load the boat at 7 AM and set out in search of whales.
我们早上7点把船装好,开始了寻找鲸鱼之旅。
Pilot whales are not large. They only reach about 20 feet long.
领航鲸并不大,它们只有20英尺长。
To find them, we cruise around in the waters about a mile offshore and look for their dorsal fins.
为了寻找它们,我们在离岸一英里左右的海域巡航,寻找它们的背鳍。
Sometimes this can take a few hours before we find the whales.
有时,我们需要几个小时才能找到鲸鱼。
What's that? About 1 o'clock.
那是什么?大约在一点钟方向。

whale.png

We have found some whales, so now we have to see if we can get close to them without spooking them away.

我们已经发现了一些鲸鱼,所以现在,我们必须看看能否在不吓走它们的情况下靠近它们。
Pilot whales like to keep to themselves.
领航鲸喜欢独来独往。
They aren't particularly curious about people, so they often take off when we try to move in.
它们对人类并不是特别好奇,所以当我们试图过来时,它们通常会离开。
This small pod seems to be moving along slowly.
这一小群领航鲸似乎在缓慢游动。
I'll try to get into the water with them and see if they have a shark following them.
我试着下水与它们在一起,看看它们是否有鲨鱼跟随。
As I slip into the water, all I can see is blue.
当我滑入水中时,满眼都是蓝色。
I wait patiently to see if they will come to me.
我耐心等待着,看它们是否来找我。
They pass by me, never coming too close.
它们经过了我旁边,但没有靠得太近。
Getting any decent shots of the whales underwater is tough.
在水下拍摄鲸鱼的精彩照片是很困难的。
After the whales pass, I keep looking for a shark, but there isn't one.
鲸鱼过去后,我继续寻找鲨鱼,但是没有。
Apparently not every pod of pilot whales has a shark following behind.
显然,并不是每一群领航鲸后面都有鲨鱼尾随。
So, it's off to find another pod of pilot whales.
所以,我们要去找另一群领航鲸。
We don't find one immediately, but we do come across a large pod of melon-headed whales.
我们没有立即找到,却遇到了一大群瓜头鲸。
These small whales look a lot more like dolphins than whales, except they have a funny flat face.
这些小鲸鱼看起来更像海豚而不是鲸鱼,除了它们有一张有趣的扁平脸之外。
They love to play in the bow wave of the boat just like dolphins.
它们喜欢像海豚一样在船头浪中嬉戏。
After the melon-headed whales get bored and swim away, we finally find another pod of pilot whales.
当这些瓜头鲸玩厌了游开后,我们终于找到了另一群领航鲸。
This is a big pod and I hope they will have a shark or two swimming with them.
这是一大群,我希望会与一两条鲨鱼尾随。
I get into the water again and slowly swim towards the whales.
我再次入水,缓慢地朝着鲸鱼游去。
They seem to be relaxing in the water, just floating.
它们似乎在水中放松,只是漂浮着。
Pilot whales feed in the deep, far below, and they often rest for a while between dives.
领航鲸在深海中觅食,它们经常在潜水间隙休息一段时间。
This pair is spy-hopping, a behavior where the whales float vertically
这对鲨鱼在做跳飞,这是一种动作,鲨鱼垂直漂浮着,
and stick their heads out of the water to take a look above the surface.
把头伸出水面,看看水面上的景物。
They might be curious about our boat.
它们可能对我们的船好奇。
Suddenly I can hear squeaking and clicking.
突然,我听到吱吱声和击水的声音。
The big pod of melon-headed whales has come over to play with the pilot whales!
那一大群瓜头鲸过来和领航鲸玩儿了!
I had no idea that pilot whales and melon-headed whales like to hang out together.
我不知道领航鲸和瓜头鲸喜欢一起出去玩。
It looks like the melon-headed whales like to buzz the pilot whales and taunt them,
看起来瓜头鲸喜欢聒噪和逗弄领航鲸,
as if they are asking them to join the fun.
好像它们在邀请领航鲸一起玩一样。
For the most part, only the juvenile pilot whales join in the action.
大多数时候,只有领航幼鲸加入瓜头鲸。
The adults just float and watch, keeping an eye out for trouble.
成年领航鲸只是浮在水面上看着,时刻提防着麻烦。
But the younger pilot whales chase and play with the melon-headed whales.
但是年幼的领航鲸与瓜头鲸一起追逐玩耍。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
decent ['di:snt]

想一想再看

adj. 体面的,正派的,得体的,相当好的

联想记忆
chase [tʃeis]

想一想再看

n. 追求,狩猎,争取
vt. 追捕,狩猎

联想记忆
pilot ['pailət]

想一想再看

n. 飞行员,领航员,引航员
vt. 领航,驾

联想记忆
mystery ['mistəri]

想一想再看

n. 神秘,秘密,奥秘,神秘的人或事物

 
bow [bau]

想一想再看

n. 弓
n. 鞠躬,蝴蝶结,船头

 
stick [stik]

想一想再看

n. 枝,杆,手杖
vt. 插于,刺入,竖起<

 
slip [slip]

想一想再看

v. 滑倒,溜走,疏忽,滑脱
n. 滑倒,溜走

 
investigate [in'vestigeit]

想一想再看

v. 调查,研究
[计算机] 研究

联想记忆
whale [weil]

想一想再看

n. 鲸
vi. 捕鲸
v. 鞭打,

 
tan [tæn]

想一想再看

n. 黝黑,棕褐色
v. 晒黑,鞣(革),使晒

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。