手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 沃克斯独立观点 > 正文

竞技叠杯 靠的是天赋还是后天练习(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Playing to the timer is crucial.

根据定时器的规则来玩是非常重要的 。
Here’s Melissa completing an amazing cycle,
这是梅丽莎高水准地完成花式循环项目的情形,
but because the stack falls after she hits the timer too hard— "6.17 - scratch.” — it’s what’s called "a scratch.”
但是因为她按计时器的时候太用力导致杯子倒了——“6秒17-犯规。”——这就是“犯规”。
The time doesn’t count.
成绩作废。
You have to be sure you don’t miss the timer, too.
你还必须确保你的确是按到了计时器。
"When that happened to me, I touched the timer and started celebrating, and just going back to my friends, but the timer never stopped.
当时,我按了计时器,而且都已经开始庆祝了,我已经准备到我朋友那边去了,但计时器根本没停。
That took another 2.1 seconds added to my time, otherwise it would have been my fastest time ever.”
我的成绩里就多了2.1秒,不然那应该是我有史以来最好的成绩了。”
To top stackers, the right cups are just as important.
对于顶级叠杯选手来说,使用合适的杯子也很重要。
You can see that on the pro cups, the holes in the top are wider than the ones on my cups.
大家可以看见,专业的比赛用杯子顶上的孔是比我用的这种要大的。
That allows more air to get through.
杯子内外空气的流通也会更顺畅。
Different stackers like different cups (these are just a few of the sets Zhewei’s owned).
不同的选手喜欢用不同的杯子(这些只是哲伟收藏的一部分杯子套装)。
4

"These inks, you can really feel them."

“这些字的痕迹,你都是可以摸得到的。”
And that knowledge, along with different grip styles and all sorts of other adjustments, gets used in all different events.
这种了解,加上各种握杯方式以及各种其他调整会用到不同的比赛当中,
It even works in the truly mesmerizing doubles event.
包括真正让观众着迷的双人项目。
"I’ll take that."
“就这样吧。”
Because this sport is for a YouTube generation, new strategies travel almost instantly.
因为这项运动是给YouTube一代玩儿的,所以一有新的策略,就会火遍全网。
That keeps the competition really fierce.
这样一来,竞争就变得相当激烈了。
That’s led to blazingly fast — and close — world record times, as well as some growing pains for the sport.
以致于世界纪录的成绩都是逐电追风般的速度——同时相互之间也非常接近,也给这项运动带来了越来越多的痛苦。
Stacking started in a California Boys and Girls Club in the early 80s.
叠杯运动兴起于八十年代早期加州的男孩女孩俱乐部(一个公益组织)。
This is patent number 4,586,709, for the original cup holding device.
这是原始的叠杯装置的专利,其专利号为4,586,709号。
But kids and PE teachers embraced it far beyond Oceanside, California.
然而,接纳这项运动的孩子和体育教师远不止加州欧申赛德的那些。
"You get a wide range.
“玩儿这项游戏的人真的很多。
I mean, you get some kids who really really enjoy it and they enjoy the competitive side of it.
有些孩子是真的真的非常喜欢这个游戏,喜欢这个游戏的竞技性。
Some kids like the idea that you can...you don’t have to compete at it.
而有些孩子喜欢这项运动则是因为你可以……可以不用把它当做比赛。
They’ll build pyramids, they’ll build towers, they’ll try to stack the cups and balance them in different ways.
他们喜欢用这个游戏来叠金字塔,叠塔,喜欢玩儿这个游戏同时用各种方式来保持杯子的平衡。
So it really brings in so many things other than the stacking just as a sport."
所以这项运动其实给人们带来了很多很多好处,它已经不再停留在只是一项运动的层面了。”
The sport quickly professionalized, both as a business and in the intensity of the competitions.
这项运动很快就职业化了,无论是从作为一门商机的角度来看,还是就其竞争的激烈程度来看。
This is the patent for that stack mat, which is sold to stackers and, yes, speed Rubik’s cube competitors.
这是叠杯桌垫的专利图,这种桌垫被卖给了叠杯玩家以及,没错,魔方竞技玩家。
Naturally, there’s a lot of other merch you can buy as well.
当然,除了桌垫,还有很多设备可以买。
Because speed stacking is a pretty young sport, the sport and the brand are kind of inseparable.
由于竞技叠杯是一项非常年轻的运动,所以,这项运动与品牌有着密不可分的联系。
Here’s the address for the people who make speed stack cups.
这是生产竞技叠杯用杯子的人的地址。
And here’s the address for the World Sports Stacking Association, which runs the competitions.
这个则是负责举办这一赛事的世界体育叠杯协会的地址。
You get the idea.
看懂了吧。
That may be a problem, it may not, as the sport tries to mature.
那也许会成为一个问题,也许不会,因为该运动正在努力变得成熟。
But those business concerns don’t really affect why people stack.
然而,这些商业问题并没有真正影响人们玩这项运动的原因。
"I think for every stacker it’s different, what attracts them.
在我看来,对每一个竞技叠杯爱好者来说,这项运动吸引他们的点都不一样。
I have always been involved in sports.
我一直都混迹在体育界。
I’m very competitive.
我一直都很要强。
When I’m stacking the cups, I’m listening for little things that make me feel good, like the rhythm, the sound.
玩儿这项运动的时候,我会注意去听那些细微但能让我感觉很舒服的声音,比如叠杯的节奏、声音。
"Sometimes you’ll get a really good time, but you don’t feel like the stack was clean, like there was somthing in there that wasn't clean.
“有时候你会玩儿地很开心,但你就是觉得你叠得不是很干净,就好像里面有什么东西不干净一样。
for me, that’s what pulls me in."
对我来说,这就是这项运动吸引我的地方。”
"Because I want to better myself. I like seeing improvement in what you do."
“因为我想做得更好,我想看到自己的进步。”
And that drive, that's always there: when the stacks are loud and the crowds are rapt,
而那种动力,一直都在:无论你是在观众全神贯注的注视下认真地比赛,
but it’s also there in dorm rooms and bed rooms, and in the quiet moments in basements, too.
还是窝在宿舍或者卧室里玩儿这项游戏,还是一个人静静地待在地下室里。”
So, after an embarrassing number of attempts, I was able to get my 3-6-3 just under 5.3 seconds.
在经历了次数有些令人尴尬的尝试之后,我也能够在不到5.3秒的时间内完成3-6-3项目了。
So you have some context as to how old and slow I am, the world record for that event is 1.786 seconds.
为了方便大家对我的年龄和速度有个更清楚的概念,我不妨高速大家,这个项目的世界纪录是1.786秒。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
brand [brænd]

想一想再看

n. 商标,牌子,烙印,标记
vt. 打烙印,

联想记忆
intensity [in'tensiti]

想一想再看

n. 强烈,强度

 
competition [kɔmpi'tiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 比赛,竞争,竞赛

 
touched [tʌtʃt]

想一想再看

adj. 受感动的 adj. 精神失常的

 
patent ['peitənt, 'pætənt]

想一想再看

n. 专利,特许
adj. 专利的,显著的

联想记忆
original [ə'ridʒənl]

想一想再看

adj. 最初的,原始的,有独创性的,原版的

联想记忆
crucial ['kru:ʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 关键的,决定性的

联想记忆
improvement [im'pru:vmənt]

想一想再看

n. 改进,改善

 
context ['kɔntekst]

想一想再看

n. 上下文,环境,背景

联想记忆
compete [kəm'pi:t]

想一想再看

vi. 竞争,对抗,比赛

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。