手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 科学探秘之旅 > 正文

我们能够彻底摆脱时差烦恼吗?

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hey guys, Matt here for Science or Fiction.

观众朋友们大家好,我是《科学还是虚构》栏目的Matt。
Flying to far off destinations and exploring a new city is great, except for the jet lag you inevitably get after you land.
飞往遥远的地方,去探索新的城市固然很好,但降落之后你不可避免的会遇到时差的问题。
But that’s just flying, right?
问题是只有坐飞机才会有时差,对吗?
It's not like you can just make a plane that magically gets rid of all the physical effects of traveling through the sky at around 35,000 feet for several hours.
制造一架在3.5万英尺左右的高空飞行数小时还能神奇地摆脱飞行带来的物理效果的飞机是不可能的。
That’s just some crazy fantasy that none of us will experience in our lifetimes… it says that right there next to me doesn't it.
那种情况只不过是疯狂的幻想,我们是一辈子都见不到的......我旁边的这个板儿上不是写得很清楚了嘛。
Yeah, thought so.
嗯,我也这么觉得。
If you’ve ever been on a long flight across multiple time zones, you have probably experienced the unfortunate symptoms of jet lag.
如果你有过长途飞行穿过多个时区的经历,那你可能已经体会过各种糟糕的时差症状了。
Simply put, jet lag is a temporary sleep disorder that typically occurs when you cross two or more time zones.
简单来说,时差是通常发生在大家穿越两个及以上时区时产生的一种暂时性睡眠障碍。
And there’s a pretty easy explanation as to why it happens.
为什么会有时差,有一个非常简单的解释。
When you take off from one time zone and land in another, your body’s circadian rhythms can’t just magically adapt,
从一个时区起飞并降落在另一个时区,你的生物钟并不能奇迹般地马上适应,
because your body still thinks you are in the time zone from which you came.
因为你的身体以为你还在原来的那个时区。
This can leave you feeling irritable, tired, and it can even cause stomach problems.
为此,你可能会觉得烦躁、疲倦甚至胃部不适。
Fortunately, it is temporary.
幸运的是,这些症状都只是暂时的。
It varies from person to person how long the symptoms last,
虽然症状持续的时间因人而异,
but typically it takes a day per time zone crossed before your body can adapt to the new rhythm.
但通常,每跨越一个时区你的身体就需要一天的时间来适应新的节奏。
But if you are going on a shorter trip, it can also put a major kink in your travel plans.
但如果只是短期旅行,时差就可能严重影响到你的旅行计划。
I mean, who wants to get all the way to Bergen and be too tired to explore the exciting, second-largest city in Norway?
毕竟,有谁愿意大老远地飞到卑尔根,结果却累到无力探索挪威这座激动人心的第二大城市呢?
Don’t you want to see this bird?
不想看到这只鸟吗?
How about this rack of sweaters?
这一架子的毛衣怎么样?
Now despite what this article seems to say, there is no total cure for jet lag (some things just require time, guys),
然而,尽管我们说了这么多,我们还是没有能完全解决时差问题的办法(有些事情就需要时间来化解啊,朋友们),
3

but Boeing has designed a plane that can minimize its symptoms by using air pressure and increased humidity.

不过,波音公司还是设计了一架可以通过调节气压,增加湿度来减轻时差症状的飞机。
Most planes are currently pressurized to simulate the conditions a person would feel at 6 to 8,000 feet,
目前,大多数飞机都是经过加压处理模拟一个人在6千到8千英尺高空的状态的,
which isn’t bad considering that most planes fly between 30 and 40 thousand feet.
考虑到大多数飞机的飞行高度都在3万到4万英尺之间,这已经很不错了。
But 8,000 feet is still a pretty high altitude that can lead to symptoms like headache and nausea, similar to what’s called “altitude sickness”.
但8千英尺仍然是一个相当高,可能会引起头疼、恶心等类似于“高原反应”的症状的高度。
The Boeing 787 Dreamliner family of airplanes is pressurized to a new maximum level of 6,000 feet; 2,000 feet lower than most other aircraft.
而波音787梦想航班系列内舱最大压力才相当于6000英尺高度的压力;比其他大多数飞机低了整整2000英尺。
Altitude chamber tests show that because the body absorbs 8% more oxygen into the blood at this altitude,
高空机舱压力测试显示,在这个高度环境下身体能够从血液中吸收的氧气多了8%,
passengers experience fewer headaches and less dizziness and fatigue.
所以,乘客头痛、头晕和疲劳的症状就会有所减轻。
That lower cabin pressurization is possible due to increased use of composites.
机舱压力的降低来源于客机增加了复合材料的用量。
These new Airplanes are 50 percent composite by weight.
这些新型飞机使用的复合材料占到了整个飞机重量的50%。
Carbon fiber reinforced polymer, also known as CFRP, resists fatigue and corrosion more than traditional metals used to build planes,
碳纤维增强聚合物,也即CFRP,比传统金属更能抵抗疲劳应力和腐蚀,
and therefore allows for more internal pressurization.
因而能为机舱内加压创造更好的条件。
CFRP also means that planes can withstand more humidity.
使用CFRP还意味着飞机可以承受更大的湿度。
Metal can corrode when exposed to humid air, but that’s not as much of an issue with the new material.
金属暴露在潮湿空气中就会腐蚀,新材料则没有这个问题。
Now, that matters to you because, while you might not notice a change in humidity in the moment,
这一点很重要,因为虽然你可能没有注意到当下湿度的变化,
you likely will notice that your throat, eyes, and nose are less dry when you land.
当着陆时你可能就会注意到你的喉咙,眼睛和鼻子没那么干。
Now, again, these engineering changes don’t cure jet lag,
又来了,这些工程变化还是不能彻底解决时差问题,
but the lower cabin pressurization and increased humidity will make you feel more comfortable during your trip to Bergen.
但更低的座舱增压和加大的湿度的确会让你在飞往卑尔根期间感觉更舒适,
That being said, I’d sleep on the plane if you can.
话虽如此,如果可以,还是建议大家在飞机上能睡就睡。
Unfortunately, there’s still no total cure for jumping time zones.
不幸的是,即便如此,时差的问题还是无法彻底解决。
For more epic stories of innovation that shaped our future, check out THEAGEOFAEROSPACE.COM
了解更多创新改变未来的故事,请前往THEAGEOFAEROSPACE.COM。
Can you get jet lag flying on a helicopter? I guess then it wouldn’t be jet lag. It would be like Helicopter-lag?
坐直升机会有时差吗?我想即便是有也不叫喷气式飞机时差而叫直升机时差了吧?
I know you would get a killer headache because helicopters are super loud, but did you know that there’s such a thing as a stealth helicopter.
但我知道你肯定会头疼得要命,因为直升机的声音超级大,但你知道还有种叫隐形直升机的东西吗?
Yeah, it’s a thing, check it out here.
是的,真的有这种东西,看这个视频你就知道了。
And as always, please like and subscribe and keep coming back to Seeker for more videos.
最后,还是老话,喜欢的话请大家点赞,订阅,关注我们更多的视频。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
inevitably [in'evitəbli]

想一想再看

adv. 不可避免地

 
fatigue [fə'ti:g]

想一想再看

n. 疲乏,疲劳,累活
adj. 疲劳的

联想记忆
explanation [.eksplə'neiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 解释,说明

 
stealth [stelθ]

想一想再看

n. 秘密行动,鬼祟

联想记忆
except [ik'sept]

想一想再看

vt. 除,除外
prep. & conj.

联想记忆
multiple ['mʌltipl]

想一想再看

adj. 许多,多种多样的
n. 倍数,并联

联想记忆
innovation [.inəu'veiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 创新,革新

联想记忆
disorder [dis'ɔ:də]

想一想再看

n. 杂乱,混乱
vt. 扰乱

联想记忆
corrode [kə'rəud]

想一想再看

v. 腐蚀,侵蚀,破害

联想记忆
issue ['iʃju:]

想一想再看

n. 发行物,期刊号,争论点
vi. & vt

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。