"Your aunt is right, you know," Uncle Jeff said as he came back into the kitchen.
“你姨妈说得对,”杰夫叔叔回到厨房时说。
I was washing the dishes. He sat down at the kitchen table.
我正在洗盘子,他在餐桌旁坐下。
"She has a big, beautiful house and she has the money to give you what you need," he said.
“她的房子又大又漂亮,她有足够的钱能给你需要的东西,”他说。
"She can give you so much more than I can."
“她能给你的比我能给你的多得多。”
"We've talked about this a hundred times before," I said.
“我们之前已经讨论过一百次了,”我说。
"I want to live here. And plus, what would you do without me?" I asked.
“我想住在这里,还有,没有我你怎么办?”我问。
I gave him a funny smile.
我朝他笑了笑。
Uncle Jeff looked serious for a minute. Then, his face relaxed and he smiled back.
杰夫叔叔看上去很严肃,之后表情放松了下来也朝我笑了。
"Well, you don't cook," he said. "That's for sure."
“你不做饭,”他说道,“那当然了。”
"No, I don't. And you don't cook either. Which restaurant did you go to to buy our dinner?" I asked.
“是的,我不做饭,你也不做饭,我们晚上去哪家餐厅吃饭?”我问。
Uncle Jeff laughed. "From Delucci's Italian Restaurant. Don't tell your aunt."
杰夫叔叔笑了,“德鲁奇的意大利餐厅,不要告诉你姨妈。”