手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 科学探秘之旅 > 正文

在心爱的人面前 你是否也会有这些奇怪的举动?

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

They say you can tell a lot about someone by looking in their eyes.

他们说,眼睛是心灵的窗户。
And when it comes to having a crush, they’re right.
就一见钟情而言,他们说对了。
That's awkward.
好尴尬啊。
Hey love bugs, It’s Trace.
爱情病毒们,大家好,我是你们的Trace。
When you’re looking at someone you like, I mean, like like, your body actually changes in a variety of ways.
看到心仪的人时,我的意思是,非常喜欢的那种,你的身体就会发生各种变化。
And one of the things that happens is you go all googly eyed.
比如,你的眼睛会放光。
No really, your pupils dilate.
不,我是说真的,你的瞳孔会放大。
Your pupil size is controlled by your autonomic nervous system,
我们瞳孔的大小是由自主神经系统控制的,
which regulates all of your involuntary actions like breathing, heart rate, and sweating.
该系统专门负责调节呼吸,心率和出汗等无意识行为。
A branch of this system called the sympathetic nervous system, or SNS, is responsible for your body’s fight or flight mechanism.
该系统的分支交感神经系统(SNS)负责的就是我们身体的“攻击还是逃避”反应机制。
This mechanism acts up when you’re under stress, like when you’re talking to your crush, and releases the hormone noradrenaline, causing your pupils to dilate.
当你处于压力之下,比如和你一见钟情的对象说话时,这一系统就会被激活,分泌去甲肾上腺素,从而导致你的瞳孔放大。
This same hormone also causes you to sweat more and your heart to beat faster around someone you like.
这一激素也会让你在你喜欢的人身边时紧张出汗,心跳加速。
And having dilated pupils might actually serve a purpose.
瞳孔放大或许是有其目的的。
Another study published in 2004 in Evolution and Human Behavior supported these findings and also showed that women were more attracted to men with medium or large sized pupils.
2004年发表在《进化与人类行为》杂志上的另一项研究作证了这一研究结果,并进一步提出,女性也更容易被中等或较大瞳孔的男性吸引。
Even as far back as 500 years ago in Italy,
早在500年前,
women trying to attract men would put the extract of the Belladona plant into their eyes to dilate their pupils.
意大利的女人们就会为了吸引男性而将颠茄提取物放入眼中以求变大她们的瞳孔。
Today we just use Photoshop
现在,我们P一下就可以了。
Another sign of attraction is that flushed look on your face anytime you get up the courage to talk to someone you like.
心动的另一迹象是,每次鼓起勇气跟自己喜欢的人交谈你就会脸红。
Blushing is also a result of your SNS,
脸红也是交感神经系统作用的结果,
which causes the blood vessels in your face to dilate, increasing blood flow and giving you rosey red cheeks.
交感神经系统致使你脸上的血管扩张,加速血液流动,你的脸颊就会变成红苹果。
It’s more common in women than men.
女性脸红比男性脸红更为常见。
2

And although there are a few theories as to why this happens, scientists still aren’t clear on the purpose of blushing.

尽管人们提出了一些理论解释人为什么会脸红这一现象,科学家们并未弄清脸红的目的。
But even if you aren’t the blushing type, your crush might still be able to tell that you like them when you speak to them.
然而,即使你不是会脸红的人,说话的时候,你喜欢的人可能还是能够看出你喜欢他(她)。
There have been numerous studies done on what happens to your voice when you are attracted to someone.
跟心仪的人说话时你的声音发生了怎样的变化,这方面的研究数不胜数。
And they all seem to agree that it changes, but they don’t necessarily agree on how.
尽管它们似乎一致认为变化的确存在,但至于是如何变化的,看法就不一定一致了。
According to a 2014 study published in Evolution and Human Behavior,
根据2014年发表于《进化与人类行为》上的一项研究,
males speak in a more melodic fashion when they are talking with someone they like..almost the way you might speak to a baby,
男性与他们喜欢的人说话时会更婉转,差不多就像大家跟宝宝说话那样,
and also they deepen their voice.
同时,他们还会压低自己的嗓音。
Another study published in Nonverbal Behavior supports this,
发表在《非语言行为》上的另一项研究也佐证了这一点,
noting that both sexes had lower pitched voices when they were talking to someone they found attractive.
指出,和吸引他们的人说话时,男性和女性都会压低自己的嗓音。
"Excuse me, young lady, you’re looking awfully nice tonight!". Mmm...Maybe I should work on that.
“话说,小姐,你今晚好漂亮啊!”呃......好像还拿不出手呢。
In both those studies, participants looked at potential partners that they found attractive.
在这两项研究中,参与调查的人看的都是他们认为具有吸引力的潜在对象。
But a study done on people in relationships had different results.
然而,对已经恋爱的人进行的研究则出现了不同的结果。
Research published in the Journal of Nonverbal Behavior took people in new relationships and had strangers listen in on their conversations.
发表在《非言语行为》杂志上的研究则选择了新晋情侣,让陌生人来听他们的谈话。
The strangers had to guess if the subjects were talking to platonic friends or romantic partners.
然后让陌生人来猜两人是纯好朋友关系,还是情侣关系。
Listeners noted that the tones people used with their partners were, quote, "more pleasant, sexier, and reflecting greater romantic interest".
听众注意到,人们在和另一半说话时音调“更愉悦,更性感,对谈情说爱也反映出了更大的兴趣”。
They also found that males and females changed their voice to closely match or mimic the other’s tone.
研究人员还发现,男性和女性会改变自己的语气,为的是紧密配合或模仿对方的语气。
Males spoke in a higher pitch, while ladies deepened their voices.
男性说话的音调会变高,女性说话的声音则会变低。
It’s almost as if they were trying to come together in harmony and make sweet, sweet beautiful music.
就好像他们想和谐地融合在一起,谱出甜甜悦耳的音乐一样。
So obviously, more research is needed to tell exactly how (and why) your voice changes when you’re talking to a crush.
显然,我们还需要更多的研究来弄清楚在和心仪之人说话时你的声音是如何(以及为什么会)发生变化的。
Just remember that even if you’re trying play it cool, you’re still giving off physical cues that you’re one smitten kitten.
大家只要记住,即便你想耍帅,你还是会做出暴露你小奶喵属性的举动的。
And if things get serious, remember, for 100 years every kiss begins with Kay….
还有,如果事情闹大了,记住,在过去的一百年里,礼物总是能帮人讨到欢心的......
Once you and your crush have finally gotten past the awkward beginnings, you may be ready for some cuddlebug time.
一旦你和你的心上人终于摆脱了一开始的尴尬,你们应该就可以心无杂念地拥个抱了。
Check out this video to find out how spooning is good for your health.
大家不妨去看看这个视频,了解一下拥抱对健康的好处吧。
How do you guys react when you see your crush?
你们看到自己喜欢的人是什么反应?
Let us know in the comments, make sure you subscribe for more DNews and thanks for watching.
请在评论中告诉我们,记得订阅我们的频道,感谢大家的观看。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
attractive [ə'træktiv]

想一想再看

adj. 有吸引力的,引起注意的

联想记忆
beat [bi:t]

想一想再看

v. 打败,战胜,打,敲打,跳动
n. 敲打,

 
kitten ['kitn]

想一想再看

n. 小猫
vi. 生育小猫

联想记忆
crush [krʌʃ]

想一想再看

v. 压碎,碾碎,压榨
n. 压碎,压榨,拥挤

 
platonic [plə'tɔnik]

想一想再看

adj. 柏拉图哲学的,柏拉图主义的,理想的,不切实际的

 
harmony ['hɑ:məni]

想一想再看

n. 和弦,协调,和睦,调和

 
medium ['mi:diəm]

想一想再看

n. 媒体,方法,媒介
adj. 适中的,中等

联想记忆
deepen ['di:pən]

想一想再看

vt. 使 ... 加深,使 ... 强烈 vi. 加深

 
trace [treis]

想一想再看

n. 痕迹,踪迹,微量
vt. 追踪,找出根源

 
involuntary [in'vɔləntəri]

想一想再看

adj. 非自愿的,无意的,不由自主的

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。