手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 艾伦秀视频版 > 正文

艾伦吐槽那些迷信

来源:可可英语 编辑:Daisy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hey, I have a question for you. And be honest.

嘿 我有个问题 大家要诚实哦

How many people here-- show of hands-- are superstitious.

有多少人迷信 举手

I am not superstitious myself. I don't understand any of these things.

我本人不迷信 这些事情我一窍不通

I'm not superstitious. I'm a little stitious, is what I am.

我不迷信 我只有一点点信而已

Little, little stitious. But there are so many superstitions.

一点点 不过有好多迷信

When I was thinking about what are considered bad luck, like people consider if you walk under a ladder that that's bad luck.

我在想什么被当做坏运气 比如 人们觉得如果你从一个梯子下面走过去 那就是倒霉

389.png

And I think falling off a ladder is worse luck.

我倒觉得从梯子上摔下来更倒霉

I think-- that, to me, is bad luck. And I'll tell you something, by the way.

对我来说 那才叫倒霉 顺便跟大家说个事儿

If you own a ladder, things are going pretty good for you because, you know, you make enough money to afford a ladder.

如果你有梯子 那说明你过的还不错 因为 你竟然富到能买得起梯子

Congrats on that, you guys. I mean, a ladder. Think about it.

恭喜你啊 梯子啊 好好想想

It's an adult purchase. You don't have a ladder-- I didn't have a ladder when I was in my 20s.

这是成年人才买的东西 你没有梯子 我20多岁的时候就没有梯子

I don't know when you get a ladder.

不知道你们是多大买的梯子

But when you get one, you've made it.

但如果你买了 那你就很棒

And if you get a ladder that's just a regular ladder like that, that's great.

如果你买的只是一把普通的梯子 那很好

But if you have one of those extension ladders that's metal, you have made it.

但如果你买的是那种金属的伸缩梯 那你就厉害了

The taller the ladder, the more successful you are.

梯子越高 就说明你越成功

Anyway, my point is-- who chooses to walk under a ladder, anyway.

总之 我想说的是 谁会故意从梯子下面走啊

What a weird choice that is.

真奇怪

Like, I could go around this rickety wood thing with the guy on top with a nail gun in his hand,

我可以绕过这个摇摇晃晃 上面还站着个手里拿着射钉枪的人的木头东西

but I think I'm going to go right underneath him.

不过我还是直接从他下面过去吧

Who does that? The other night I spilled some salt, and people are like, oh, that's bad luck if you spill salt.

谁会这么做呢 几天前我弄撒了点盐 人们就说 哦 你把盐弄撒了 那是坏运气

I don't think so. I think it's worse if when you go to pour salt to salt your dish and way too much comes out.

我可不这么认为 我觉得如果你打算给鱼放盐调味 一下子倒多了 那才更倒霉

You weren't expecting it. And then you're like, well, I'm going to eat it anyway.

是你没想到的 然后你说 唉 我还是把它吃了吧

And then the salt can increase your blood pressure, and then that puts greater strain on your heart and arteries.

然后盐会升高你的血压 对你的心脏和动脉产生更强的压力

And then you could have a heart attack or a stroke or worse-- water retention.

然后你可能会心脏病发作或中风甚至更糟 保水力

That's bad luck.

这才是坏运

I mean, some things people consider lucky aren't lucky at all.

某些人们觉得幸运的事并不幸运

Like, people say you find a lucky penny on the ground.

比如 人们会说你在地上捡到了幸运便士

That is the worst currency you can find.

那是你能捡到的最小的钱币

The reason it's there is someone threw it away.

你之所以能捡到是因为别人扔了不要的

They don't want that. It's a penny. That's why you find them there.

他们不想要 一美分而已 所以你才能捡到

People just empty their pockets. They just-- Lucky $100 bill, now we're talking.

人们是为了腾空口袋 他们 100美元才叫幸运

Now you're like, that's ladder money, right there. I'll tell you that.

现在你们 这钱够买个梯子了

重点单词   查看全部解释    
pressure ['preʃə]

想一想再看

n. 压力,压强,压迫
v. 施压

联想记忆
purchase ['pə:tʃəs]

想一想再看

vt. 买,购买
n. 购买,购买的物品

 
spill [spil]

想一想再看

v. 溢出,洒,使 ... 流出,泄漏
n.

 
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
extension [iks'tenʃən]

想一想再看

n. 伸展,延长,扩充,电话分机

联想记忆
stroke [strəuk]

想一想再看

n. 笔画,击打,一笔(画)连续的动作,中风,

联想记忆
strain [strein]

想一想再看

n. 紧张,拉紧,血统
v. 劳累,拉紧,过份

 
ladder ['lædə]

想一想再看

n. 梯子,阶梯,梯状物
n. (袜子)

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。