手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 全球顶级智囊访谈 > 正文

人工智能究竟是福音还是灾难?

来源:可可英语 编辑:Daisy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Recently, I was on the Richard Quest show on CNN TV and I was asked the question that we have the battle of the billionaires;

最近 我上了CNN电台的Richard Quest节目 有人问我一个问题 说现在的亿万富翁之间存在一种争议

on one hand we have Mark Zuckerberg saying, “Don’t worry, artificial intelligence will give us new jobs, new industries, create wealth, prosperity.”

一方面 马克·扎克伯格说“别担心 人工智能会给我们带来新工作 新产业 创造财富和繁荣”

And then we have people like, well, Elon Musk, who says, “Watch out.

同时又有其他人 比如伊隆·马斯克说“要注意

They pose an existential threat to humanity.”

它们对人类是一种潜在威胁”

168.png

Who knows, maybe one day they’ll put us in zoos and throw peanuts at us and make us dance,

谁知道呢 或许有一天人工智能会把我们关在动物园里 给我们扔花生 让我们跳舞

make us dance behind bars like we do with monkeys and with bears.

让我们在牢笼后跳舞 就像我们现在对猴子和熊所做的事一样

Well, my personal point of view is that both points of view are in some sense correct.

我个人的观点是 两种说法各有千秋

In the short term, I think Zuckerberg is right.

从短期来看 我觉得扎克伯格是对的

Artificial intelligence will open up whole new vistas, it will make life more convenient,

人工智能会给我们带来新的期望 能让生活更加便利

things will be cheaper, new industries will be created.

某些物价会更便宜 也会诞生新的产业

I personally think the A.I. industry will be bigger than the automobile industry.

我个人觉得 A.I.产业会超过汽车产业

In fact, I think the automobile is going to become a robot.

其实 我觉得汽车将来会变成一个机器人

You’ll talk to your car. You’ll argue with your car.

你可以跟你的汽车讲话 跟它辩论

Your car will give you the best facts, the best route between point A and point B;

你的汽车会告诉你最佳事实 从一个地方到另一个地方的最佳路线

the car will be part of the robotics industry.

汽车将成为机器人行业的一部分

Whole new industries involving the repair, maintenance, servicing of robots,

整个全新的行业包括修理 维修 机器人服务

not to mention robots that are software programs that you talk to and make life more convenient.

更不用说那些你可以与之聊天并让生活更加便利的软件程序机器人

However, let’s not be naïve.

但是 我们可别太天真了

There is a point, a tipping point at which they can become dangerous and pose an existential threat.

有一个点 一个临界点 机器人可能会很危险 并给人类带来存在威胁

And that tipping point is self-awareness.

那个临界点就是自我意识

You see, robots are not aware of the fact that they’re robots.

大家知道 机器人并不知道自己是机器人

They’re so stupid they simply carry out what they are instructed to do because they’re adding machines.

它们很愚蠢 只会做着人类让它去做的事 因为它们只是算术计算机而已

We forget that. Adding machines don’t have a will.

我们忘记了这一点 算术计算机没有它本身的意志

Adding machines simply do what you program them to do.

你给计算机输入什么 它就只会做什么

Now, of course, let’s not be naïve about this, eventually adding machines may be able to compute alternate goals

当然 在这一点上我们可别太天真了 当计算机意识到它们不是人类时

and alternate scenarios when they realize that they are not human.

它可能会计算一些不同的目标和场景

Right now, robots do not know that.

目前 机器人还没觉醒到这一步

However, there is a tipping point at which point they could become dangerous.

但是 在这个临界点 它们会变得很危险

Right now, our most advanced robot has the intelligence of a cockroach—a rather stupid cockroach.

现在 我们最先进的机器人有着蟑螂一样的智力——一只比较笨的蟑螂

However, it’s only a matter of time before robots become as smart as a mouse, then as smart as a rat,

但是 机器人变得像家鼠一样聪明 再变得像田鼠

then a rabbit, then a cat, a dog, and eventually as smart as a monkey.

然后是兔子 猫 狗 最终像猴子一样聪明 只是个时间问题而已

Now, monkeys know they are not human.

现在 猴子知道自己不是人类

They have a certain amount of self-awareness.

它们有一定的自我意识

Dogs, especially young dogs, are not quite sure.

狗 尤其是小狗狗 还不确定自己是不是人类

One reason why dogs obey their masters is because they think the master is the top dog,

狗之所以服从主人的命令 其中一个原因就是因为它们以为主人是高级狗

and so they’re a little bit confused about whether or not we humans are part of the dog tribe.

所以它们有点困惑 不知道人类到底是不是狗族的一部分

But monkeys, I think, have no problems with that; they know they’re not human.

但是我觉得猴子很清楚;它们知道自己不是人类

So when robots become as intelligent as monkeys I think we should put a chip in their brain to shut them off if they begin to have murderous thoughts.

所以当机器人变得像猴子一样聪明时 如果它们起了杀人的念头 我们就需要在它们脑中放一个芯片 扼杀这种想法

When will that happen? I don’t know.

什么时候会走到这一步?我不知道

I suspect it will happen late in this century because I think we have decades of experience that we have to go through and learn before we can pose this particular problem.

可能本世纪末就会出现这一幕 因为我觉得在我们有能力解决这个问题之前 还需要经历几十年的经验

So, in other words, I don’t think there’s any rush today to deal with killer robots that are going to destroy the human race and take over,

所以换句话说 现在还不着急去应对那些想要毁灭人类 夺取权力的机器人杀手

but I think we have to keep one eye on the ball and realize that by the end of this century,

但我们需要时刻警惕 并在本世纪末实现这一点

when robots do become self-aware, we have to be careful.

当机器人真的拥有了自我意识 我们就需要小心应对

重点单词   查看全部解释    
threat [θret]

想一想再看

n. 威胁,凶兆
vt. 威胁, 恐吓

 
quest [kwest]

想一想再看

n. 探索,寻求
v. 寻找,搜索

 
eventually [i'ventjuəli]

想一想再看

adv. 终于,最后

 
route [ru:t]

想一想再看

n. 路线,(固定)线路,途径
vt. 为 .

 
convenient [kən'vi:njənt]

想一想再看

adj. 方便的,便利的

 
alternate [ɔ:l'tə:nit,'ɔ:ltə:neit]

想一想再看

adj. 交替的,轮流的,间隔的
v. 交替,

 
intelligent [in'telidʒənt]

想一想再看

adj. 聪明的,智能的

 
certain ['sə:tn]

想一想再看

adj. 确定的,必然的,特定的
pron.

 
compute [kəm'pju:t]

想一想再看

v. (用计算机或计数器)计算,估算,估计

联想记忆
prosperity [prɔs'periti]

想一想再看

n. 繁荣,兴旺

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。