手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 看动漫学心理学 > 正文

关于强迫症的5种误解

来源:可可英语 编辑:Ceciliya   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

There are many myths attached to obsessive-compulsive disorder.

关于强迫症有很多谬传。
People often simplify it and believe that it has to do with cleanliness and organization.
人们关于强迫症的想法很单一,他们认为强迫症和清洁、整理有关。
As the child of a mother who struggles with it, I can confirm that this is not true.
我的母亲患有强迫症,我可以确定的告诉大家,这些都不是真的。
Once my mother sought out a psychiatrist to be professionally diagnosed and treated,
我的母亲接受专业诊断和治疗后,
her lifestyle has improved significantly.
她的生活有了很大的改善。
I'm proud of her for taking such a big important step and will continue to provide support.
我很自豪,她能迈出这么一大步并继续接受治疗。
We created this video to bring awareness to this highly misunderstood mental disorder.
我们制作本期视频是为了提高大家对这个被误解的精神障碍的意识。
We hope it can reduce stigma and make it easier to talk about.
我们希望本期视频可以减少患者的耻辱感,让患者可以轻松谈论他们的病情。
Here are five highly misunderstood facts you need to know about OCD.
以下是对强迫症(OCD)的常见五种误解。
1. Germophobia does not define OCD.
1. 细菌恐惧症(洁癖)不能定义OCD。
This is perhaps the most common misconception about OCD.
这或许是关于OCD最普遍的误解。
Psychologist Barbara Markway states that she's worked with patients with OCD who aren't afraid of germs at all.
心理学家芭芭拉·马克威表示她的OCD患者中就有那些完全不害怕细菌的。
While it is true that some can be fixated on cleaning and organizing,
没错,虽然一些患者确实会专注于整洁,
many others face different obsessions such as flicking a switch on and off,
但其他患者则面对着不同的强迫心理,比如开关灯、
turning knobs on stoves and opening and closing doors.
拧煤气炉以及开关门。
My mother does all three of these and also taps her fingers repeatedly on surfaces.
我们母亲就以上三种强迫心理,她还会反复用手指敲打表面。
2. Stress does not cause OCD.
2. 压力不会引起OCD。
It's more than just your average worrying:
真实情况比你想的还要糟糕:
when someone has OCD they can't relax when their fears and anxiety cloud their judgments.
当他们的恐惧和焦虑影响他们的判断力时,他们就无法放松下来。
Consequently, people with OCD often feel stuck, helpless and overwhelmed
因此,OCD患者常感到困惑、无助、惊吓
which is where their obsessions kick in.
这时他们的强迫心理就产生了。
Before seeking treatment, my mother lived through dark days
在寻求治疗之前,我的母亲生活在黑暗之中
stating that even when she felt like dropping dead she couldn't stop her rituals.
即使她觉得让这一切都去死吧,也无法停止她的仪式感。
They tore her apart making her feel like she had no choice but to repeat them again and again.
这些摧毁了她,让她觉得除了一次又一次的重复,别无他法。
It's like being haunted but by the voices in your head.
就像是被脑海里的声音缠住
3. Relaxing does not treat OCD.
3. 放松治愈不了OCD。
Just like anxiety and depression, OCD doesn't simply disappear at one's will.
和焦虑症及抑郁症一样,OCD不以某个人的意志为转移。
Telling someone to stop their obsessions, compulsions and rituals altogether is not only insensitive but absurd.
告诉某人停止他们的强迫心理、强迫和仪式感不仅没有用而且还很荒谬。

关于强迫症的5种误解.jpg

People with OCD have regions in their brain that are structured differently than those who do not have it.

OCD患者的脑海中的区域和其他人的组织结构不一样。
If you know someone struggling with OCD, nurture understanding
如果你知道这是个OCD患者,理解他们
and let them know treatment options are available such as psychotherapy and medication.
让他们知道可以选择接受治疗,比如心理疗法和药物疗法。
My mother does both in order to maximize effective results.
我的母亲为了得到最大化的效果,选择了进行两种治疗。
4. OCD isn't always obvious.
4. OCD不总是那么明显。
Similar to anxiety and depression, there are hidden signs to OCD as well.
和焦虑症以及抑郁症相似,OCD也有很多隐藏的迹象。
You'd be surprised to know that some of the most put together successful people out there are silently struggling with OCD.
你或许会惊讶,那些成功的人居然在默默的与OCD抗争。
They fear letting others in, afraid that they will be judged for having it.
他们不敢让别人知道,害怕他们会被评头论足。
People with OCD have trouble tuning out their inner criticism so they drown in perfectionism.
OCD患者无法消除内心的批判,所以他们沉浸在完美理论中。
On the surface, they might look like they're doing well but inside it's always a different story when they're gasping for air.
表面上他们很棒,但是心内又是另一番故事。
5. OCD doesn't make you more productive in life.
5. OCD不会让你在生活中更多产。
OCD does not make someone's work ethic better.
OCD不会让一个人在工作表现更好。
Before my mom sought treatment,
在我的母亲接受治疗之前,
I'd watch her lose hours of sleep doing tasks such as completing house chores and running errands.
我看着她好几个小时不睡觉只为了做这些任务,比如做家务、做一些琐碎的事。
Then I'd see her rush to work last minute because she felt like she couldn't put those things down.
然后我又看着她冲忙工作到最后一刻,因为她觉得她放不下那些事情。
Now, OCD no longer controls her and she feels like she has a say on what happens.
现在,OCD不再控制她,她感觉她终于可以自己做主。
Her rituals, obsessions and compulsions haven't fully gone away but she can manage them better today.
她的仪式、强迫心理和强迫并没有全完摆脱,但是她可以更好地管控这一切。
I feel like she can recognize herself again.
我觉得她可以再一次认识自己。
Although she faced many tragedies throughout her life that made her condition worse,
虽然她一生中面对着很多让她生活失控的悲剧,
by seeking treatment, practicing self-awareness and making other lifestyle changes such as embracing nature and exercising daily,
但是通过寻求治疗、训练自我意识以及做出一些生活上的改变,比如拥抱自然、每天运动
she's found ways to fight her anxiety, she's come a long way
她发现了对抗焦虑的方法,虽然前路还很长,
and if you're someone who struggles with OCD as well, we want to remind you that it doesn't define who you are.
如果你患有OCD,那么我们想要提醒你,强迫症不能定义你是谁。
Which of these facts did you find most helpful or interesting? Please leave your thoughts down below.
以上这些你觉得哪一点最有帮助或最有趣?请在下方评论告知。
If you or someone else you know struggles with OCD, we have provided some useful sources that can be found in our description box below.
如果你或者你认识的人中有OCD患者,我们在下方提供了一些有用信息。
Also be sure to subscribe to our channel for more helpful tips and share this video with others.
不要忘记订阅我们的频道获取更多有用信息,记得分享我们的视频。
With your help we can reach more people to spread awareness on mental health issues. Thanks for watching!
有了大家的帮助,我们才可以向更多人传播这些关于精神障碍的意识。感谢收看!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
anxiety [æŋ'zaiəti]

想一想再看

n. 焦虑,担心,渴望

 
obvious ['ɔbviəs]

想一想再看

adj. 明显的,显然的

联想记忆
define [di'fain]

想一想再看

v. 定义,解释,限定,规定

联想记忆
helpless ['helplis]

想一想再看

adj. 无助的,无依靠的

 
misunderstood [,misʌndə'stud]

想一想再看

adj. 被误解的 v. 误解,误会(misunders

联想记忆
insensitive [in'sensitiv]

想一想再看

adj. 不敏感的,麻木不仁的,感觉迟钝的

 
consequently ['kɔnsikwəntli]

想一想再看

adv. 所以,因此

 
description [di'skripʃən]

想一想再看

n. 描写,描述,说明书,作图,类型

联想记忆
stigma ['stigmə]

想一想再看

n. 耻辱,污名 n. 柱头

联想记忆
stress [stres]

想一想再看

n. 紧张,压力
v. 强调,着重

 

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 爱的语言 2018-09-06
  • 应对虐待型父母的7种方法 2018-09-08
  • 6种不健康的母子关系 2018-09-15
  • 什么是精神分裂症 2018-09-20
  • 如何缓解尴尬 2018-09-22
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。