手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 沃克斯独立观点 > 正文

身份法律 将跨性别女性推向死亡边缘(1)

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

"You’re listening to 89.9. WJCT Jacksonville. Your community, your world.

“您现在收听的是FM 89.9,WJCT杰克逊维尔电台。《你的社区,你的世界》。
Storms will develop during the mid afternoon hours and will move from west to east.
午后会有自西向东移动的风暴。
It puts me on edge. You know what I’m saying?
我现在的性别总是让我很紧张。你懂我的意思吗?
Because I could be walking to the store. Walking down the street. Getting in my car.
因为无论逛商店也好,在大街上走着也好,上我自己的车也好。
And it seems as just because I'm trans that I'm murdered.
我都感觉,好像我是变性人就会被谋杀一样。
Savannah Bowens is a black trans woman living in a city where three black trans women have been murdered this year.
萨凡纳·博文思是一位黑人跨性别女性,而她生活的那个城市今年已经有三名黑人跨性别女性被杀害了。
How many are even unaccounted for? I believe that number is so much bigger.
还有多少是下落不明的?我觉得,下落不明的人数要比被杀害的多得多。
"Tragedy for the transgender community."
“这简直就是变性群体的悲剧。”
“A transgender woman was found dead."
“发现了一名跨性别女性的尸体。”
The second killing of a transgender woman in Jacksonville.
“这已经是杰克逊维尔被杀害的第二名跨性别女性了。”
Celine Walker was killed inside this Extended Stay America.
“席琳·沃克在我身后的这家美国长住酒店内被杀害了。”
"Another transgender woman found dead."
“又有一名跨性别女人被杀害了。”
"This victim is the third trans woman who’s died by gun violence in Jacksonville this year."
“该受害者已经是今年杰克逊维尔枪支暴力致死的第三名跨性别女性了。”
None of the murders in Jacksonville have been solved yet.
目前,杰克逊维尔的那些谋杀案还一起都未侦破。
And they’re actually a part of an alarming crisis.
事实上,这些谋杀案中隐藏着一起令人担忧的危机。
Since 2015, at least 85 trans women have been murdered across the country --
自2015年以来,全国至少有85名跨性别女性被杀害 -
most of them black trans women and gender non-conforming people.
她们大多是黑人跨性别女性或性别不合格人士。
It’s like, if I was searching for a place to move to like where do I go?
比如,如果我想换个地方住,我应该搬去哪儿?
You know what I mean? Where would I be safe?
明白我的意思吗?搬到哪里才安全?
Turns out a lot of these cases have something in common...
事实证明,这些案例很多都有共同之处......
"She was a transgender woman police identified as a male when she was killed."
“她是一名跨性别女性,被杀害时,警察认定她性别为男性。”
"In just the past 90 minutes, Jacksonville police have released that victim’s birth name."
“在过去的90分钟里,杰克逊维尔警方公布了受害者的出生名字。”
1

"Who was identified initially as a man by the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office."

“杰克逊维尔警长办公室(简称“JSO”)最初认定的性别是男性。”
"JSO is referring to the victim as a black male in his 20s who appears to identify as a female."
“JSO称受害者为20多岁的黑人男性,但他是一副女性打扮。”
The way cops are investigating these crimes could be delaying justice.
警察调查这些案件的调查方式可能会导致正义的迟到。
Transgender people are more likely to face violence and discrimination than the average U. S. resident.
与普通美国人相比,跨性别人士遭遇暴力和歧视的可能性更大。
One of the reasons they’re often at risk is their IDs - a simple document that many might take for granted.
他们经常面临风险的原因之一是他们的身份证 - 一个简单且很多人都视为理所当然的文件。
When the gender marker on state-issued ID doesn’t match the outward appearance of a transgender person,
当国家签发的身份证上的性别标记与跨性别认识的外观性别不符时,
it opens up a world of harassment, and sometimes violence.
一个充满骚扰,有时甚至是暴力的世界的大门就会被打开。
When it comes to getting a job, you know, this could be the best job ever,
找工作的时候,本来可能是我这辈子最好的工作吧,
and then now all of a sudden they see my gender marker and now they're treating me differently.
结果他们一看到我的性别标记就会用异样的眼光看我。
They can be afraid to show their IDs while driving, at a bar, or to vote, for fear of someone finding out that they’re transgender.
无论是开车,去酒吧还是投票,跨性别人士都会害怕出示身份证,以免有人发现他们的身份。

The scary part is for me, you know, being stopped by the police.

我怕的……就是被警察拦下。
You just never know who's stopping you.
你永远都不知道拦下你的会是什么样的人呢。
You don't know if these people are homophobic.
不知道他们是否恐同。
You just don’t know.
你根本不知道。
"Even in my unworthiness he calls me friend.
“即便我不配做他朋友,他也还是拿我当朋友。
Aren’t you glad this morning that God doesn’t look at your circumstance or look at your issues?
上帝没有看你的情况,你的问题,难道你不高兴吗?
You are everything to me."
你就是我的一切。”
According to a 2015 survey of transgender people,
根据2015年针对对跨性别人士的一项调查,
nearly a third of people with mismatched IDs reported being harassed, denied services or attacked.
身份不匹配的受访者中有近三分之一的人表示自己有被骚扰,被拒绝服务或受到攻击的经历。
They can also lose access to medical care, become homeless, or be forced into sex work.
他们还可能不能享受医保,无家可归或被迫从事性工作。
A lot of times, our trans women, they're resorting to things such as prostitution because society has made it so hard.
很多时候,我们的跨性别女性最后都会走上卖淫之类的道路,因为在这个社会,她们要想活下去实在是太难了。
Every girl may not be as feminine as others or look passable as we love to say in our community.
不是每个女孩儿都像大家那么女性化,用我们的话说就是那么“凑合”。
What do you do when you're hungry?
饿了怎么办?
What do you do when your rent is due and your lights are about to be cut off,
租金到期,水电马上就会被断了,你怎么办?
but you can't get work because you don't fit into the norm?
但你又找不到工作,因为你不符合标准。
Because your friends? They're in the same situation as you and your family wants nothing to do with you.
你找不到工作,而你的朋友和你同病相怜,你的家人根本就不想和你有任何联系,你怎么办?
So you walk the streets in unsafe environments just so that you can feed yourself.
你就只能冒着危险到大街上去才能养活自己。
The discrimination trans people face in life can continue after they die.
即便是死了,跨性别人士还是会受到他们生前在生活中面临的那种歧视。
In Jacksonville, during murder investigations, the police often identified victims by names they no longer used, instead of their preferred names.
在杰克逊维尔,在谋杀案调查期间,警察做记录时用的经常都是受害者的曾用名而不是他们自己更愿意用的名字。
In the trans community -- whether this happens in life or death -- it’s called dead-naming.
在跨性别人群中 - 无论这种情况是发生在生前还是死后 - 这叫“弃名错称”。
The police have also systematically denied the victim’s identities by incorrectly describing their gender.
通过错误地描述受害者的性别,警方也有组织地否认了受害者的身份。
If they were known as a woman and that's who they lived their life as, they're refusing to do that.
如果他们被视为女人,而他们也是过着女性的生活的话,他们是会拒绝接受警察这样做的。
In addition to the disrespect - deadnaming can slow down a murder investigation in its most critical hours.
除了不尊重受害者之外 - 在最关键的时刻,“弃名错称”也可能会阻碍谋杀案的调查。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
extended [iks'tendid]

想一想再看

adj. 延续的,广大的,扩大范围的 动词extend的

 
violence ['vaiələns]

想一想再看

n. 暴力,猛烈,强暴,暴行

 
minutes ['minits]

想一想再看

n. 会议记录,(复数)分钟

 
identified

想一想再看

adj. 被识别的;经鉴定的;被认同者 v. 鉴定(id

 
critical ['kritikəl]

想一想再看

adj. 批评的,决定性的,危险的,挑剔的
a

 
discrimination [di.skrimi'neiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 歧视,辨别力,识别

 
initially [i'niʃəli]

想一想再看

adv. 最初,开头

 
sheriff ['ʃerif]

想一想再看

n. 郡治安官,郡长

联想记忆
addition [ə'diʃən]

想一想再看

n. 增加,附加物,加法

联想记忆
norm [nɔ:m]

想一想再看

n. 标准,规范

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。