手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

你可以跳多远?

来源:可可英语 编辑:Magi   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

This episode of SciShow Kids is brought to you by Child and Teen Checkups

这一集的SciShow Kids是儿童和青少年检查组织带给你的
Every kid needs a checkup at least once a year
每个孩子每年至少需要一次体检
If you live in Minnesota, Child and Teen Checkups can help
如果你住在明尼苏达州,儿童和青少年检查组织会帮助你
Learn more at GetCTC.com
更多信息请访问GetCTC.com
Hey, Bill! Hey, Webb! What are you up to?
嘿,比尔!嘿,韦伯!你在忙什么?
We’re playing a game!
我们在玩游戏!
A jumping game!
一个跳跃游戏!
And it's my turn — check it out!
轮到我了,看看吧!
Yes! I passed that flag, which means I jumped farther than Webb did last time!
是的!我通过了那面旗帜,这意味着我比韦伯上次跳得更远!
Could you move the flag to where I landed, please?
请你把旗子移到我降落的地方好吗?
Sure!
当然可以了
Thank you!
谢谢你
OK, my turn! Now all I have to do is jump past the spot where Bill landed
好了,轮到我了!现在我要做的就是跳过比尔降落的地方
So each time you take a turn, you try to jump just a little bit farther?
所以每次你轮到你的时候,你都试着跳得更远一点?
Exactly!
正是
I couldn't jump far enough!
我跳得不够远!
Hmmm… I bet you could both jump farther than this
我打赌你们都能跳得比这更远
Yes, you too, Webb!
是的,你也是,韦伯!
All you need is some science to help you
你所需要的只是一些科学来帮助你
I can think of two tricks you can both try right now!
我能想到两个技巧,你们现在都可以尝试!
Think about what your body does when you jump
想想你的身体在起跳的时候会做什么
You bend your knees, then use your muscles to push off the ground as hard as you can, launching yourself into the air
你弯曲你的膝盖,然后用你的肌肉尽你所能地推离地面,将自己弹到空中
You’re both really good at that!
你们都很擅长这个!
But if you want to jump farther, the first thing you can do is find a way to move faster
但如果你想跳得更远,你能做的第一件事就是想办法跳得更快
Think about when you throw a softball —
想想当你扔垒球——
if you throw it hard, so it's zooming through the air when you let go, it'll travel really far!
如果你用力扔它,当你放开它的时候,它就会飞得很远。
But if it's moving slowly when it leaves your hand, it'll drop to the ground before it can go very far
但是如果它离开你的手的时候移动的很慢,它会在离你很远之前掉到地上
Jumping is like that, too
跳跃也是这样
So, can you think of a way to give yourself a speed boost when you jump?
所以,当你跳起来的时候,你能想到一种提高速度的方法吗?
We could make our muscles stronger?
让肌肉更强壮有用吗?
That's true!
确实如此
And practicing jumping is a great way to get super strong
练习跳跃是让你变得超级强壮的好方法
But that takes time, and there's something else you could do that would help you get faster right now
但这需要时间,而且你还可以做一些其他的事情来帮助你现在更快
Oh, I know! We could do a run-up first!
哦,我知道!我们可以先助跑
Great idea, Webb!
好主意,韦伯!
If you’re already moving really fast when you jump, you'll go farther than if you just tried to jump from standing still
如果你跳的时候已经跑得非常快了,那么你会比站着不动跳得更远
So that’s one tip you can try!
这是你可以尝试的一个技巧!
And I can think of one more: I noticed you're both jumping straight ahead of you, instead of up
我还能想到一个:我注意到你们两个都在你前面跳,而不是跳起来
Well, of course we are, Jessi!
当然了,杰西!
We’re trying to jump forward as far as we can, not as high as we can
我们试着向前跳得越远越好,而不是越高越好
That's true, Bill — if you want to go far, jumping forward is important
没错,比尔——如果你想走得更远,向前跳是很重要的
But it's also important to jump up a little, too, so you're on more of a diagonal
但是跳起来也很重要,所以你是在对角线上
Think about that softball again
再想想那个垒球
What happens if you throw it straight ahead of you?
如果你把它直接扔在你前面会发生什么?

jump.jpg

It might go kind of far, but pretty soon it will hit the ground and roll, instead of moving farther through the air

它可能会飞得很远,但很快它就会落到地上滚动,而不是在空中移动得更远
It keeps rolling because it had lots of speed left, but it was so close to the ground that it landed really quickly!
它一直滚动,因为它还有很大速度,但它是如此接近地面,它降落得非常快!
If you throw the ball forward and up, on a diagonal, it will take much longer to fall to the ground,
如果你在对角线上向前向上抛球,它会花更长的时间落到地上,
and in the meantime, it has a chance to move much farther through the air
同时,它有机会在空中移动得更远
So if you jump on a diagonal, you'll also go farther!
所以如果你跳对角线,你也会走得更远!
OK, so to jump farther than that flag, all I have to do is run up, then jump on a diagonal?
好,要跳得比国旗更远,我要做的就是跑上去,然后在对角线上跳?
I bet it will help!
我打赌它会有帮助!
I'm going to try it!
我要试试!
I did it!
我做到了
Yay!
耶!
That's fantastic, Webb!
那太棒了,韦伯!
Can I use these tips, too?
我也可以使用这些技巧吗?
Of course! I bet you’ll also be able to jump farther than you could before
当然!我打赌你也能比以前跳得更远
Why don't you both keep taking turns and see how far you can go?
你们为什么不轮流看看能跳多远?
Yeah! Thanks for the help, Jessi!
是啊!谢谢你的帮助,杰西!
You bet! This is a great game
你说的没错!这是一场伟大的比赛
You get to run and jump and play, all at the same time!
你可以同时跑、跳、玩!
When you play, you get your blood pumping and your muscles moving
当你玩的时候,你的血液会流动,肌肉会运动
Your heart beats faster, you breathe harder, and you get stronger!
你的心跳得更快,呼吸更困难,你变得更强壮!
That's all really important for staying healthy
这对保持健康非常重要
And so is getting your yearly checkup at the doctor!
每年在医生那里做身体检查也是如此!
With over six hundred muscles in your body, it's important to make sure they're all working the way they should
你的身体有600多块肌肉,所以确保它们都以它们应该的方式工作是很重要的
Your doctor can help you find problems early
你的医生可以帮助你尽早发现问题
And when it comes to fixing problems in your body, early is always best
当涉及到修复你身体的问题时,早总是最好的
If you live in Minnesota, learn more at GetCTC.com
如果你住在明尼苏达州,在GetCTC.com了解更多
If you don't, you can find the link in the description, and find out what benefits are available to you
如果你不知道,你可以在描述中找到链接,并找出你可以得到的好处
Thanks, and we'll see you next time here at the Fort!
谢谢,我们下次在堡垒见!
Bye!
再见!
See ya!
再见!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
fantastic [fæn'tæstik]

想一想再看

adj. 极好的,难以置信的,奇异的,幻想的

 
diagonal [dai'ægənl]

想一想再看

adj. 对角线的,斜的,斜纹的 n. 对角线,斜线,斜

联想记忆
description [di'skripʃən]

想一想再看

n. 描写,描述,说明书,作图,类型

联想记忆
available [ə'veiləbl]

想一想再看

adj. 可用的,可得到的,有用的,有效的

联想记忆
bend [bend]

想一想再看

v. 弯曲,使弯曲,屈服,屈从
n. 弯曲,弯

 
boost [bu:st]

想一想再看

vt. 推进,提高,增加
n. 推进,增加

联想记忆
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆
flag [flæg]

想一想再看

n. 旗,旗帜,信号旗
vt. (以旗子)标出

联想记忆
episode ['episəud]

想一想再看

n. 插曲,一段情节,片段,轶事

联想记忆

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 一次性纹身的原理 2018-10-07
  • 气球飞了会发生什么 2018-10-19
  • 什么是肘部尺骨端? 2018-11-02
  • 看看大堡礁吧 2018-11-09
  • 有像地球这样的行星存在吗? 2018-11-11
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。