Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《英语一分钟》栏目!
The sky is very far away. So, what could this idiom mean?
天空距离我们很遥远。那这个习语是什么意思呢?
THE SKY’s THE LIMIT
前途不可限量,没有极限
That baseball game yesterday was amazing.
昨天的棒球赛真的是太好看了。
But I just can’t believe the Nationals came back for the win.
我真不敢相信国家队最终能够获得胜利。
I know, right? That was shocking.
我知道,是这样。真的很震撼。
With the new players this year, I feel the sky’s the limit for this team.
今年有了新球员,这支队伍肯定前途无量。
Yeah...I wouldn’t put my hopes that high.
嗯,我期望倒是没那么高。
If the sky is the limit, there is a lot of hope and opportunity for someone or something.
如果天空是极限的话,就意味着某物或某人有很多希望与机会。
So, if someone says the sky is the limit for you, they believe with your talent and skill, you can accomplish anything.
所以如果某人形容你前途无量,那就说明他们相信你的才华和技巧,认为你能够所向披靡。
In our example, Jonathan believes the sky’s the limit for his favorite baseball team this year.
在我们的例子中,乔纳森认为他最爱的棒球队今年前途无量。
And that’s English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!