手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 吉米肥伦秀 > 正文

听听吉米讲中期选举

来源:可可英语 编辑:Wendy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Guys, as we draw closer to the midterm elections,

朋友们,中期选举就要来了,
it is important to us that our audience stay informed and up-to-date.
让观众实时掌握选举动态非常重要。
So with that in mind, it's time for The Tonight Show midterm election update.
所以接下来是今夜秀中期选举时间。
Going into Tuesday, there's gonna be a lot of focus on Senate seats.
马上周二了,我们将特别关注参议院席位。
So let's take a look at how many seats are up for grabs.
来看看我们可以争取多少参议院席位。
Looking at the board here, we see that there's one, two, three...
来看看板子,这里有一个,两个,三个,
That's 35 Senate seats up for grabs. That can go either way.
一共有35个席位可以争取,民共两党都可以争取。
So let's suppose there's big voter turnout in the South.
假如南部的投票率激增。
As you see here, if you lean red, there's big voter turnout in the South.
来看看,如果你选择共和党,那么南方的投票率将很高。
But let's say that there's a big minority voter turnout, then what happens?
如果民主党的投票率激增呢,那会发生什么?
That's right, another board. Now, in this scenario, there's a real chance that the Senate goes blue.
没错,换另一个板,在这种情况下,民主党很有可能获得多数席位。
That means Democrat. But let's think local.
这就意味着民主党,但来看看各大州的情况。
What's going on in Arizona? We've got Jeff Flake retiring, which means...
亚利桑那州发生了什么?杰夫·弗雷克退休了,这就意味着...
...we got ourselves a toss-up.
那就扔硬币选择吧。
Now, here's the alphabet. That's V for vote.
这个是字母表,V代表投票。

sd.jpg

That is the one, two, three, four... That's the 22nd letter.

这里有一,二,三,四,V在第22位上。
Who knows how that's gonna effect things. Let's bring in another board.
谁知道会有什么结果,来换另一张板。
I want to show you, district by district, party breakdowns in local Texas neighborhoods.
我想向大家展示,一个地区一个地区的,来看看德州当地社区的党派分析。
Here we go right here. Sorry, that is not a touchscreen.
来看看,这个不是触屏的。
Can we roll in a touchscreen, please?
来给我一个触屏的可以吗?
Thank you very much. Not a touchscreen. Could we roll...Thank you very much.
谢谢,这个不是触屏的,可以给我一个,谢谢。
That is not a touchscreen. That is not a touchscreen. Still not a touchscreen.
这个不是触屏的,这个不是触屏的,这个也不是。
Let's pivot to the Texas Senate race.
来看看德州的参议员竞选。
We got the incumbent Ted Cruz running. That's Ted Cruz right there.
候选人有泰德·科鲁兹,这个是泰德·科鲁兹。
Let's see who's challenging him. See this guy right here?
来看看谁和他对垒,看到他了吗?
That's Beto O'Rourke. Now, the race could go either way.
贝托·奥鲁克,二人都有机会获胜。
You know what? Let's bring out some chalkboards, really break it down.
知道吗?给我一个粉笔画板,我给大家解析一下。
435, okay? 4-3-5. That's the number of House seats up for grabs in this election.
435,435,这个是可以争夺众议院的席位数量。
435. And you do 1-4, 14. That's how many Red Bulls I had before the show. Yeah, now it's 15.
435,1-4,然后是14,这是我上节目之前喝的红牛数量,现在是15罐。
Whoo! I'm never gonna die! Let's bring in more boards, everybody.
哦哦,我不会死!再来点板子!
We call this the hawkeye board, because we're watching these elections like a hawk.
我们将它称之为鹰眼板,因为我们要像鹰一样看待这些选举。
Also, the board is only visible to hawks, cause they have vision four to eight times stronger than humans.
而且,这些板子也只有鹰能看到,因为它们的视力是人类的4倍到5倍。
And any hawk looking at this board will tell you that these numbers do not look good for independents.
任何看到这些板子的鹰都会告诉你,这些数字对无党派人士不利。
Now, let's talk about college-age voters. And we go to Tariq for more on that.
我们将谈论大学生选民,我们将时间留给塔里克。
Oh, hey, Jimmy. I'm standing here with a few additional boards.
好的吉米,我们这里有一些传统板子。
And the board I want to talk about first tackles, you guessed it, the college-aged voter.
我们谈论的事情与大学生选民有关。
If we have a substantial turnout among young voters, it could really tip this election.
如果年轻选民的数量增加,那么选举将是另外一个画面。
And I know what you're wondering. Does it matter if young voters are predominantly male or female?
你们一定在想,男选民和女选民真的很重要吗?
Let's go to the boards. Okay, okay, okay. So, the board is saying yes.
来看看板子,好的,好的,板子说很重要。
Gender matters. Now, that's a game-changer. It sure is, Tariq.
性别很重要,这将改变选举,当然塔里克。
Now, what about incumbents seeking re-election? Is there a board for that?
有候选人希望连任吗?有关于这个问题的板子吗?
You bet your boards there is, Jimmy.
当然吉米。
An incumbent seeking re-election board? This I got to see in person.
真的有候选人连任板吗?我要亲自看一下。
Where are you, actually? I'm next to my board. You're next to...Okay. That doesn't actually help me.
你在哪?我在板子旁边,你在好吧,你说的没用。
Everything is next to a board. What else is nearby you?
到处都是板子,你旁边是什么?
I can't even tell. All I see is other boards. Which board are you by?
我不知道,我看到的都是板子,你在哪个板子旁边?
I'm by Hispanic voters board. Hispanics 65 and over or Hispanics 18 to 25?
我在西班牙选民板子旁,西班牙65岁以上还是西班牙18-25岁?
Uh, Hispanics 18 to 25. Gosh, I'm so confused. It's just too many boards.
恩西班牙18-25岁,我困惑了,太多板子了。
For a little help on this, we go to Rachel Maddow. Rachel?
我要找人帮助我,我们找到了瑞秋·麦岛,瑞秋?
Jimmy, I don't think I'm in this sketch.
吉米我不知道,我还在作画。
All right, thank you very much, Rachel. Guys, we will be here all night with up-to-the-minute election coverage and, of course,
非常感谢瑞秋,我们将晚上不间断带来选举报道,当然,
the latest boards. We'll be right back, everyone. Now, are you there?
最新板子,我们马上回来朋友们。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
hawk [hɔ:k]

想一想再看

n. 鹰,掠夺别人的人,鹰派人物
n. 清嗓<

联想记忆
incumbent [in'kʌmbənt]

想一想再看

adj. 凭依的,依靠的,负有义务的 n. 领圣职的俸禄

联想记忆
substantial [səb'stænʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 实质的,可观的,大量的,坚固的
n.

联想记忆
challenging ['tʃælindʒiŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 大胆的(复杂的,有前途的,挑战的) n. 复杂

 
voter ['vəutə]

想一想再看

n. 投票人,选举人

 
minority [mai'nɔ:riti]

想一想再看

n. 少数,少数民族,未成年

联想记忆
retiring [ri'taiəriŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 腼腆的,隐居的,不喜社交的 动词retire的

联想记忆
informed [in'fɔ:md]

想一想再看

adj. 见多识广的 v. 通告,告发 vbl. 通告,

 
sketch [sketʃ]

想一想再看

n. 素描,草图,概述,梗概
v. 速写,草拟

 
update [ʌp'deit]

想一想再看

v. 更新,补充最新资料
n. 更新

 

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 小特万圣节特辑 2018-11-01
  • 加油站的风干牛肉 2018-11-06
  • 如果我中了大奖 2018-11-09
  • 来看看有趣的民调小问题 2018-11-12
  • 我为啥是个扫兴的人 2018-11-14
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。