手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 品牌英语听力 > ESL致命信件 > 正文

ESL致命信件(MP3+中英字幕) 第42期:马塞洛教授(4)

来源:可可英语 编辑:kelly   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

"I said that the affair was over. I meant that it was over for me.

“我说这件事结束了是就我而言,
It wasn't over for Alan. He was still calling me, writing me emails, and trying to see me."
但是艾伦还没有,他仍旧给我打电话,给我写电子邮件,还想见到我。”
"Was he threatening to tell your husband?" Uncle Jeff asked.
“他是不是威胁着要告诉你丈夫?”杰夫叔叔问道。
To my surprise, she laughed.
令我惊讶的是,她笑了。
"You've got it all wrong," she said. "My husband already knows about the affair.
“你错了,”她说。“我丈夫已经知道这件事了。
I told him myself when I ended it three months ago. At the time, he was angry,
三个月前结束这段感情的时候,我亲自告诉了他,当时,他很生气,
but we've worked it out. We're over it now."
但我们已经解决了。现在我和毛里没有任何关系。”
"But Alan Maurie wasn't over it. He was still bothering you," Uncle Jeff said.
“但艾伦·毛里并没有结束,他还在打扰你,”杰夫叔叔说。
"Maybe your husband didn't like that."
“也许你丈夫不喜欢那样。”
"Emil didn't know that Alan was bothering me," she said. "
“埃米尔不知道艾伦在烦我,”她说。”
And even if he did, he isn't the type of man to hurt anyone. Plus, he was out of town yesterday.
即使他知道,他也不是那种会伤害别人的人。另外,他昨天出城了。
He's been in Denver for a meeting since Friday and he's not supposed to be back until this afternoon."
他从周五开始就在丹佛开会,今天下午才会回来。”
"And where were you?" Uncle Jeff asked.
“你去哪儿了?”杰夫叔叔问道。
"Right here," she said, "working in my garden."
“就在这儿,”她说,“在我的花园里干活。”
"Can anyone confirm that?" he asked. "Were you with anyone or did anyone call you here?"
“有人能证实吗?”杰夫叔叔问道,“有人给你打电话了吗?”
"No," she said, smiling. "I guess I have no alibi, but I'm not your murderer."
“没有,”她笑着说。“我想我没有不在场证明,但我不是你要找的凶手。”
We left then. As our car pulled away, I looked back.
后来我们离开了。当车开走时,我回头看了看。
Diana Marcelo was standing in her doorway and looking at us. She had an angry look on her face.
戴安娜·马塞洛站在门口看着我们,脸上带着愤怒的表情。
I didn't know what to think. Was she telling the truth? Was she lying?
我不知道怎么考虑这件事,她说的是实话,还是在说谎?
I didn't want to believe that such a beautiful face could tell so many lies,
我不愿意相信这么漂亮的脸蛋能说出这么多谎言,
but I had a feeling that she was hiding something.
但我感觉她在隐瞒什么。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
threatening ['θretniŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 威胁(性)的,凶兆的 动词threaten的现

 
doorway ['dɔ:wei]

想一想再看

n. 门口

 
alibi ['æli.bai]

想一想再看

n. 不在场证明或辩解,托辞
v. 辩解,找托

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。