Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《英语一分钟》栏目!
This idiom sounds a little painful.
这个习语听起来跟疼痛有关。
PAIN IN THE NECK
极其讨厌的人或事
What causes a pain in the neck ?
什么会让脖子疼呢?
Hey, welcome back ! How was your trip ?
嗨!欢迎回家!这次旅途怎么样?
It was great...until I missed my flight home.
非常棒……但是我耽误了回家的航班。
Missed your flight ? How did you get back home ?
误了航班?那你是怎么回家的?
First, I took a 12-hour bus ride. Then, I took a train the rest of the way.
我先坐了12小时的公共汽车,然后又转的火车。
It was a major pain in the neck. Wow, and you came straight to work!
这是旅途中最令人不爽的事情。哇!那你就直接上班了!
If something is a pain in the neck, it is generally somethingthat is very annoying.
如果某事是“pain in the neck”,那它主要是指令人讨厌的事。
You would rather not deal with whatever is causing you a pain in the neck.
你宁愿不处理那些让你讨厌的事。
For Anna, her return tripturned out to be a bing pain in the neck. Literally!
对安娜来说,她的返程是她最头疼的一件事情。毫不夸张!
And that’s English in a Minute.
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目