手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 那些你不知道的故事 > 正文

不一样的荒野地图

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

I started making these maps to have a beautiful representation of the places I've traveled:

一开始绘制这些地图是想用一种漂亮的方式展示我去过的这些地方:
Yosemite, Zion, Yellowstone, Rocky Mountain National Park and many more.
优胜美地、锡安、黄石公园、落基山国家公园等等等等。
What makes Frank Church Wilderness unique is just how large it is.
弗兰克教堂荒野的独特之处在于它的面积之大。
You could fit all of those national parks within the boundaries of the Frank Church.
你可以把所有的国家公园都放到弗兰克教堂的内部。
My name is Jared Prince. I'm the founder of Muir Way and a designer of artistic maps.
我是杰瑞德·普林斯。我是“缪尔之路”的创始人,也是一名艺术地图设计师。
I started making these maps to have a beautiful representation of the places I've traveled.
一开始绘制这些地图是想用一种漂亮的方式展示我去过的这些地方。
My maps aren't navigational maps.
我的地图不是导航用的地图,
They're meant to be hung on your wall, so that they can inspire on a daily basis.
而是你应该挂到墙上用来日常勉励自己的那种地图。
The Frank Church is part of the larger Rocky Mountain range and has no entry point for humanity.
弗兰克教堂是大落基山脉的一部分,是一个人迹罕至的地方。
It has no roads.
这里没有路。
The only way to get in is by airplane or by foot, by horseback or you have to boat in.
要进去,唯一的办法就是坐飞机,要么就只能步行,骑马,不然就得划船。
Usually, when I make a map, it's of a place that I've already been.
一般我绘制的地图都是我去过的地方。
Coors Light has brought me to the Frank Church,
和银子弹啤酒的合作让我有了一个进入弗兰克教堂的理由,
I'm getting to fly above the wilderness and just see all the beautiful mountains and vistas.
我打算飞到那片荒野上空,去看看那些美丽的山脉和风景。
It puts everything in perspective when you see it from a distance.
远远地看着它,一切就都已经在期待之中了。
Looking at the map, now this is so cool to see it stripped down and just seeing the raw contour lines, the topography like that.
光是看着地图,看着它弯弯曲曲的样子,看着它在等高线上的地形就觉得很棒。
This is one of the few wild places left in America and it needed to be preserved.
这已经是美国仅存的几个野生地区之一了,所以也需要大家的保护。
Ah, God, I love this place.
啊,好喜欢这个地方啊。
We are now officially at the wilderness.
我们现在正式进入这片荒野了。
You can see how special this place is to Mike.
这个地方对迈克来说有多特别,大家应该能看出来吧。
Look at this view looking down the middle fork is one of--You know it's just as special to countless other people.
看下面中间这个分叉的地方……这个地方对无数人都是和对迈克一样特别。
I mean, on the map you see the contour lines, so close together, you know that it's a steep incline.
在地图上你可以看到等高线,那么近,你知道那是一个陡峭的斜坡。
2

But then when you see it in real life, it's just otherworldly.

但当你亲眼看到它的时候,你还是会觉得跟做梦一样。
No matter what direction I look, it's all completely road-less wilderness.
不管我朝哪个方向看,都是一片完全没有路的荒野。
The geographic features are the highways.
地理特征就是这片荒野的高速公路。
Instead of a highway, you've got a river.
只不过这里没有高速公路,这里只有河。
Instead of street names you have mountain peaks, you have valleys, you have creeks.
这里没有街名,只有山峰,山谷和小溪。
This is how you get around.
这就是你进出的路。
Everything's OK? Yeah.
还好吧?挺好的。
I want to see how accurate and detailed this map that I'm creating is.
我想看看我创建的这个地图有多精确,有多详细。
I want to get the colors of the place, rivers, the bends, mountains, the ruggedness of the wilderness.
我想要领略这个地方的颜色、河流、弯道、山脉和荒野的粗犷。
That's the essence of a map, is that it inspires exploration and wonder.
激发人们探索和好奇的欲望,这才是地图的精髓。
For this map we're going to donate a portion of the sales of every map to the Leave No Trace organization, which promotes the education and values of being a responsible camper in nature.
我们会从每一份地图的收益中抽出一部分捐给致力于推动关于“做一个负责任的露营者”的价值及相关教育的公益组织“不留痕迹”。
We can all make a difference to keep places like this beautiful, serene and clean for future generations.
我们每一个人都能为我们的子孙后代维护这类地方的美丽、宁静和清洁尽一份力。
When I look at this Frank Church map, I'll remember the river I rafted down and the piece that I saw in the airplane,
看着这张弗兰克教堂地图,我就会想起我乘木筏顺流而下的那条河还有我在飞机上看到的那天地间的一隅山峰,
which was a magical experience.
那种感觉很神奇。
My hope is that you get a map for an adventure that you had and that you get a map for an adventure that you want to have.
我的希望是,你有一张你已经冒险过的地图,还有一张你想要冒险的地图。
I'm very proud of what I create.
我为自己的创作感到骄傲。
These maps should last a lifetime, just like memories that were formed there.
这些地图应该会一直陪伴着我,就像我在那里留下的记忆一样。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
magical ['mædʒikəl]

想一想再看

adj. 魔术的,有魔力的,神奇的

 
perspective [pə'spektiv]

想一想再看

n. 远景,看法,透视
adj. 透视的

联想记忆
accurate ['ækjurit]

想一想再看

adj. 准确的,精确的

联想记忆
essence ['esns]

想一想再看

n. 本质,精髓,要素,香精

 
designer [di'zainə]

想一想再看

n. 设计者

联想记忆
serene [si'ri:n]

想一想再看

adj. 安详的,宁静的,平静的

 
trace [treis]

想一想再看

n. 痕迹,踪迹,微量
vt. 追踪,找出根源

 
stripped [stript]

想一想再看

adj. 剥去的 v. 剥夺(strip的过去分词形式)

 
humanity [hju:'mæniti]

想一想再看

n. 人类,人性,人道,慈爱,(复)人文学科

 
portion ['pɔ:ʃən]

想一想再看

n. 部分,份,命运,分担的责任

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。