手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 畅游海底世界 > 正文

缅因州北部的螯龙虾(下)

来源:可可英语 编辑:kelly   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

The large round opening in this trap is where the lobster enters the trap.

捕虾器上的大圆口是龙虾进入的地方。
If they are undersize they should be able to get out this little rectangular escape hatch.
龙虾如果太小应该能从这个长方形的出口逃出去。
Down at the dock I see the crew of the Catch 22 sorting their haul for the market.
在码头上,我看见Catch 22 的船员们正在分拣准备运往市场的货物。
I go down with my camera to check it out.
我拿着相机下水一探究竟。
Lobsterman Todd Plummer and his crew have told me that I can go out with them to see what a day of lobstering is like.
捕虾人托德·普卢默和船员告诉我,我可以和他们一起去,体验捕虾人的一天。
The sternman stuffs bait bags with herring as we cruise offshore to haul some traps.
当我们驶离海岸去拖运捕兽器时,船员用鲱鱼填满饵袋。
The coast of Maine is ruggedly beautiful, but the inshore areas are a labyrinth of lobster buoys, each connected to one or more traps.
缅因州的海岸非常美丽,但近岸地区的龙虾浮标错综复杂,每个浮标都与一个或多个捕虾器相连。
Finally, we arrive at one of the areas where Todd has set some of his 600 traps.
最后,我们来到了托德设置的600个陷阱中的几个陷阱。
Todd checks each trap for "keepers" - that is lobsters that are legal size and throws back the shorts and other by-catch like crabs.
托德检查每一个捕虾器的“保留者”——也就是正常大小的龙虾,然后把捕虾器里的小虾和蟹类等其他副渔获物扔到水里。
Because this is done by hand, none of the short lobsters or by-catch is harmed.
因为这是手工完成的,所以不会有小龙虾或附带捕获物受到伤害。
His sternman bands the lobster claws so they can't attack each other in the hold.
船员绑住龙虾的爪子,这样它们就不会互相攻击。
In the next trap, Todd finds a female lobster with a notch in her tail.
在下一个捕虾器里,托德发现一只雌性龙虾尾巴上有个凹痕。
That's a V notch right there.
那里有个V形凹痕。
Let me see!
让我看看!
Female. And you can see it's notch. Right flipper.
雌性。你可以看到它是凹痕,鳍状肢。
Let me just get a close up of that.
让我仔细看看。
The V-notch was put here by a fellow lobsterman so that everyone will know she's a good breeder, and let her go.
捕虾人设置v形凹痕是为了告诉大家:这只虾是很好的繁殖者,然后把虾放生。
This is how lobstermen protect the future of the industry by ensuring that there are always lots of egg-laying females out there.
捕虾人通过确保总是有很多产卵的雌虾来保护这个行业。
We're not allowed to keep that.
我们不能捕捉那样的虾。
I want to see just what it looks like underwater when "hauling" traps.
我想看看“拖运”捕虾器在水下是什么样子的。
Gotta love dry suits!
我喜欢干式潜水服!

海底世界

I don my drysuit for a dive off Todd's boat. This water is too cold for a wetsuit.

我穿着干式潜水服潜入水中,水太冷了,不适合穿湿式潜水服。
At last I enter the water and descend to the bottom.
最后我跳进水里,下到水底。
With the assistance of a winch from above, the heavy trap takes off into the gloom.
在水面绞车的帮助下,沉重的捕虾器被拖起,消失在黑暗中。
At the surface, Todd checks for keepers, and then sends it back down.
在水面上,托德检查虾,然后把它送回水中。
Inside another trap, a lobster is trying to get out through the escape hatch, but he's too big.
在另一个捕虾器里,一只龙虾试图从逃生口出来,但是它太大只了。
Many times - in fact, MOST of the time, lobsters don't even go into a trap, but walk right on by.
很多时候——事实上,大多数时候,龙虾甚至不会落入陷阱,而是径直走开。
After filming a few wandering lobsters, I decide to head back up so Todd can get some work done.
拍了几只四处游荡的龙虾后,我决定回去,这样托德就能完成工作了。
Lobstering is a tough business full of hard work and long days.
捕虾是一项繁重的活,充满了艰辛,需要很长的时间。
Todd gives me a chance to try his job for a while...
托德给了我机会试一试他的工作……
All right. Ready. I get lucky by pulling up a female lobster with eggs.
好吧。准备好了。我很幸运,拉出一只带卵的雌龙虾。
Oh yeah this is gonna be good.
哦,很好。
And it needs to be notched.And it needs to be notched!
它需要有凹痕。它需要有凹痕!
Oh this great! This is a great lesson right here.
哦,这太好了!很好的一课。
OK. I've got my measure. Got my measure and find the first one.
好。我已经找到方法了,通过这个方法,找到第一只。
Oh..well, this is the first one we'll go right to the egg one. Now this one has eggs so maybe you can tell me what we do with it.
哦,这是我们拿到的第一只带卵的虾。现在这只虾有卵了,也许你能告诉我我们用它做什么。
What we need to do with it if it's a female has eggs. Obviously it's a female.
我们需要找出雌性的虾,很明显它是雌性的。
Huh. You need to notch the tail legal. Alright hold it. OK hold it. Hold it.
嗯。你需要在尾巴上刻上凹痕。拿着。好的。
We're going to get a shot of this. Alright Kerry (cameraman) get in there.
我们要拍一张。凯莉(摄影师),这里。
Dig in. Now you've have a notch. No one will be able to take that lobster again.
刻上去了。现在有了凹痕。没人能再吃那只龙虾了。
OK That's our future right there.
这个凹痕就决定了龙虾的未来。
OK, so that's going to tell every other fishermen that this is a good egg-bearing female and leave her alone.
好了,这就告诉了其他所有的渔民:这是一只很好的产卵雌鱼,不要捕捉它。
Right. Alright.
对的。好。
This is a safe for life man.
这是拯救龙虾安全方法。
I'm going to set her free. OK ready never to be eaten by people, but onlyto lay eggs. Alright!
我要放了她。她永远不会被人吃,只会产卵!
My time as an apprentice lobsterman taught me how hard these guys work for a living,
我当龙虾学徒的那段时间知道了这些人是如何努力工作谋生的,
and I also learned how efforts like V-notching have made lobstering one of the few fisheries that really makes an attempt to ensure the long-term viability of the species.
我还了解到v形切口是如何使捕虾业成为少数几个真正致力于确保该物种长期生存的渔业之一的。
American Lobsters are one of the more interesting things to see on a dive in New England and they are among the largest crustaceans in the world.
美国龙虾是新英格兰潜水时最有趣的动物之一,它们是世界上最大的甲壳类动物之一。
They're fun to play with, and when they see their reflection in the camera lens, they can get pretty territorial.
它们很有趣,这些虾在镜头里看到自己的倒影时变得很有地盘感。
As interesting as they are though, I still don't want to eat one!
尽管它们很有趣,可我还是不想吃!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
lobster ['lɔbstə]

想一想再看

n. 龙虾

 
measure ['meʒə]

想一想再看

n. 措施,办法,量度,尺寸
v. 测量,量

联想记忆
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆
notched [nɔtʃt]

想一想再看

adj. 有凹口的,有缺口的 动词notch的过去式和过

 
crew [kru:]

想一想再看

n. 全体船员,全体乘务员,(一组)工作人员

 
reflection [ri'flekʃən]

想一想再看

n. 反映,映像,折射,沉思,影响

联想记忆
assistance [ə'sistəns]

想一想再看

n. 帮助,援助

 
trap [træp]

想一想再看

n. 圈套,陷阱,困境,双轮轻便马车
v. 设

 
descend [di'send]

想一想再看

v. 降,传,降临

联想记忆
apprentice [ə'prentis]

想一想再看

n. 学徒 v. 使当学徒

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。