Welcome to English @ the Movies, where we teach you American English heard at the movies.
欢迎来到《看电影学英语》节目,我们在这里教授你在电影中听到的美式英语。
Today's saying is from the movie The House with a Clock in its Walls.
今天的表达出自电影《滴答屋》。
It is a fantasy about an orphan named Lewis who comes to live with his uncle.
这是一部富有奇幻色彩的影片,讲述了一个名叫路易斯的孤儿搬去和他叔叔一起住的故事。
But nothing about the situation is ordinary.
不过那里的一切都不太正常。
Listen for the phrase "home sweet home".
留意听一下home sweet home这个短语。
Last stop.
终点站到了。
Lewis? I'm your uncle Jonathan.
路易斯?我是乔纳森叔叔。
Are you wearing a robe?
你穿着睡袍?
It's a kimono. Here we are, home sweet home.
这是和服。就是这了,舒服的家。
Have a look around. You're perfectly safe.
到处看看吧。保证安全。
That's safe?
这也叫安全?
So what do you think "home sweet home" means?
那么你认为home sweet home是什么意思呢?
Is it: a place full of interesting things and delicious smells or a place where you belong and are comfortable?
是一处充满趣味和香味的地方,还是一处给你归属感和舒适感的地方?
Listen again, did you have the right answer?
再听一遍,你答对了吗?
Last stop.
终点站到了。
Lewis? I'm your uncle Jonathan.
路易斯?我是乔纳森叔叔。
Are you wearing a robe?
你穿着睡袍?
It's a kimono. Here we are, home sweet home.
这是和服。就是这了,舒服的家。
"Home sweet home" means "a place where you belong and are comfortable".
“Home sweet home”意为“一处给你归属感和舒适感的地方”。
Here, the phrase is funny because Lewis's new home is the opposite, frightening and uncomfortable.
在这一幕中,这个短语听起来很可笑,因为路易斯的新家正好相反,让人感觉可怕又不安。
But Lewis comes to accept it by learning magic and helping his uncle fight the house's evil enemy.
但是路易斯慢慢接受了这里,他学习了魔法并帮助叔叔和房子里的邪恶怪物对抗。
And that is English @ the Movies.
以上就是今天的《看电影学英语》。