手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 艾伦秀视频版 > 正文

美国选举雷人的竞选广告

来源:可可英语 编辑:Daisy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hey, did y'all vote? I hope you voted.

嘿 大家都投票了吗 希望你们都投了

Yeah, I'm not sure if you know there's an election today.

嗯 不确定大家是否知道今天有选举

I'm not sure if you knew that.

不知道你们知道不

Maybe you thought I was talking about Dancing with the Stars or something.

大家可能以为我在说《星随舞动》还是啥

But if you haven't voted already, make sure you get to the polls.

不过如果你们还没投票 那一定要去投

This is very, very important.

这非常非常重要

This is probably the most important election.

这可能是最重要的一次选举

508.png

They say that all the time.

每次都这么说

This is very, very important and every single vote counts.

这真的至关重要 每一票都很有价值

So please vote. And make sure you read up on the issues, too.

所以请一定要去投票 还要认真阅读那些问题

Don't try to figure out the propositions when you get there.

投票的时候别妄想弄懂那些提议

A lot of people get there.

很多人去投票的时候

And the ballot gives you an argument in favor.

投票站会给你发一份表示支持的论证文件

And you read that and you're like, this is some good arguments right there.

看完以后你会觉得 嗯 这话说的很有道理

And then you read the argument against, and you're like that sounds good, too.

然后等你看了它的反面论证以后 又会觉得反对的也很有道理

And you don't know what you do, and you lean over, hey, what'd you do on proposition 12?

于是乎 你就不知道该怎么办了 你会凑到旁边的人那儿问 嘿 第12项提议你是怎么选的?

What's great about our country is that anyone can run for public office

我们国家的优点是人人都可以竞选公职

and what's not great about our country is anyone can run for public office.

我们国家的缺点也是人人都可以竞选公职

I want to show you what I mean.

我来给家看一下我是啥意思

These are some political commercials that I found.

我发现了一些竞选广告

The first one was made by Jeff Wagner, who was running for mayor of Minneapolis.

第一个的作者是Jeff Wagner 他想竞选明尼阿波里斯市的市长

Over a million dollars is going to be spent to become the mayor of Minneapolis. $100,000 a year job.

想成为明尼阿波里斯市的市长 得花上一百多万美元 相当于一年十万美元

I am cool with making $100,000 here.

一年挣十万美元我没意见

I will not take money from the developers.

我不收开发商的钱

I will not take money from the political angle.

不会以权谋私

I will not even go to the strip clubs anymore.

我连脱衣舞夜总会都不去了

Wake the up!

赶紧醒醒吧!

Hey, who'd you vote for?

嘿 你们会给谁投票?

I voted for the guy who lives in the lake.

我投给住在湖里的那个人

Just walked right back into it.

直接走回湖底的老巢

The next commercial was made by a Texas Lt. Governor David Dewhurst.

下一则广告的制作人是德克萨斯州的州长David Dewhurst

He claims that his opponent Dan Patrick changed his name from Danny Goeb to hide from his past.

他说他的竞争对手Dan Patrick真正的名字叫Danny Goeb 改名字是为了隐藏过去

So he made this.

所以他做了这个

I changed my name to cover my past, to cover my bankruptcy.

我改名换姓 只为掩盖过去 掩盖我破产的黑历史

Now the voters know my secrets.

如今我的秘密已公之于众

They know I had unpaid tax liens.

他们知道我拖欠税款

I'll try to lie. Why should they know?

我会试着撒谎 他们怎么会知道?

Well, now they know.

他们已经知道了

Danny Goeb. Danny Goeb. I can't lie to you anymore.

Danny Goeb Danny Goeb 我再也无法说谎

You thought Let It Go was annoying, and wait till your kids start singing Danny Goeb, Danny Goeb.

你们还觉得Let It Go太吵了 等你的孩子们天天唱Danny Goeb Danny Goeb的时候可就有得受了

This last commercial is an ad for someone named Levi, who was running for Congress in Colorado.

最后一则广告是Levi做的 他要竞选科罗拉多的国会

So he was addressing a very serious issue, gun violence.

他提到的是一个很严肃的问题 枪支暴力

But he took a very strange approach to it.

但他采取的方法有些怪异

I'm calling on Congress to stop talking past each other and try something new.

我呼吁议会不要再老生常谈了 应该尝试些新鲜玩意儿

Empower schools and teachers with non lethal self-defense tools like this can of pepper spray.

让学校和老师用不致命的自卫工具保护自己 比如这瓶胡椒喷雾

Trust me. This will stop anyone in their tracks.

相信我 这能阻止任何坏人

It's incredibly painful. And now I just can't see anything.

特别痛苦 现在我啥都看不见了

It's just unbearable. It's like lava in your eyes.

受不了了 就像火山岩喷到眼睛里一样

I'll go to the mat for our kids and community, not Washington insiders and corporations.

我会为了我们的孩子和社区豁出一切 不是为了华盛顿的大官和企业们

I still can barely see anything.

我基本还是啥都看不见

Oh my god--

哦 我的天

There's another commercial where he tasers himself, which is good.

他还在另一则广告里用电击枪打了自己 精神可嘉

重点单词   查看全部解释    
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆
election [i'lekʃən]

想一想再看

n. 选举

联想记忆
annoying [ə'nɔiiŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 恼人的,讨厌的

 
issue ['iʃju:]

想一想再看

n. 发行物,期刊号,争论点
vi. & vt

 
empower [im'pauə]

想一想再看

vt. 授与权力,增加自主权

联想记忆
figure ['figə]

想一想再看

n. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型
v

联想记忆
community [kə'mju:niti]

想一想再看

n. 社区,社会,团体,共同体,公众,[生]群落

联想记忆
approach [ə'prəutʃ]

想一想再看

n. 接近; 途径,方法
v. 靠近,接近,动

联想记忆
opponent [ə'pəunənt]

想一想再看

n. 对手,敌手,反对者
adj. 敌对的,反

联想记忆
bankruptcy ['bæŋkrəptsi]

想一想再看

n. 破产

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。