手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 畅游海底世界 > 正文

巴哈马群岛洞穴潜水(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:kelly   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hi, I'm Jonathan Bird, and welcome to my world!

大家好,我是乔纳森·伯德,欢迎来到我的世界!
Everyone knows that the Bahamas have beautiful beaches and lush coral reefs.
大家都知道巴哈马群岛拥有美丽的海滩和繁茂的珊瑚礁,
But they're also world-renown for cave diving. And in the Bahamas, cave diving usually means blue holes.
但也因洞穴潜水而闻名于世。在巴哈马群岛,洞穴潜水的洞穴通常指的是蓝洞。
In particular, the island of Andros has dozens of blue holes, clearly visible from the air.
特别值得一提的是,安德罗斯岛有几十个蓝色的洞,在空中可以清楚地看到。
Walking through the forest here on Andros, you can see that the forest floor is the remains of an ancient sea bed.
穿过安德罗斯岛的森林,你可以看到森林地面是古老海床的遗迹。
This limestone was formed by coral reefs millions of years ago.
这种石灰岩形成于数百万年前的珊瑚礁。
Rain, combining with carbon dioxide in the atmosphere creates mild carbonic acid---otherwise known as acid rain—which slowly dissolves limestone.
雨水与大气中的二氧化碳结合形成温和的碳酸,也被称为酸雨,缓慢地溶解石灰岩。
Millions of years of rain falling on this rock and then draining in, have slowly dissolved away the rock, creating these odd little crevasses and holes.
数百万年的雨水落在这块岩石上,然后渗入,慢慢地溶解岩石,形成了这些奇怪的小裂缝和洞。
And it has made the whole floor of the forest look like a gigantic piece of Swiss cheese.
整个森林看起来就像一块巨大的瑞士奶酪。
Some of the holes have gotten pretty big. I mean this one is the size of a hot tub.
有些洞相当大,有热水浴缸那么大。
But in a few places, the holes are enormous, and full of water.
有些地方的洞巨大无比,装满了水,
These are the Blue Holes.
这些就是蓝洞。
It's easy to see how the blue holes got their name. Andros is covered in them.
很容易看出蓝洞名字的由来。安德罗斯岛覆盖其中。
They look like circular ponds from the air, and often lead into vast underwater cave systems.
从空中看,蓝洞像圆形的池塘,通常通向巨大的水下洞穴。
I have teamed up with Small Hope Bay Lodge and divemaster Mike Hornby to explore The Guardian, one of the more famous Blue Holes on Andros.
我和小愿望湾酒店、潜水长迈克霍恩比联手探索了Guardian——安德罗斯岛上最著名的蓝洞之一。
It's a hike through the brush to get there.
徒步穿过灌木丛去那儿。
We have about a quarter of a mile we are going to have to carry our gear in.
我们还有四分之一英里的路,我们得穿上装备。
I gotta walk all the way in here in my full scuba gear?
我得穿着全套潜水服一路走到那儿?
Yep! Oh man!
是的!好的!
Well, we don't have too far to go. We're just about ready to round the corner and it's going to open up into a beautiful blue hole.
哦,就快到了。我们正准备转弯,出现一个美丽的蓝洞。
OK, Jonathan, here it is.
好的,乔纳森,到了。
This is the Guardian Blue Hole!
这里就是Guardian蓝洞!
Wow! It doesn't look that blue.
哇!它看起来没那么蓝。
If you look off in the distance there and you see that little bit of an archway,
如果从远处看,你就会看到一个拱门,
that is going to lead into one cave system, and right down here, this is the entrance to our other cave system.
它会直通洞穴系统,这是另一个洞穴系统的入口。
So this is where we're going down?
我们要从这个地方下去?
Yes. So the guardian blue hole is the portal for the cave systems that lie underneath.
是的。guardian 蓝洞是地下洞穴系统的入口。

海底世界

So, I head back to get my camera.

所以,我回去拿相机。
This is a lot less convenient than boat diving.
这不如乘船潜水方便。
It takes several trips to get my camera, plus all the other gear, to the water.
我花了好几趟才把照相机和其他所有设备都送到水上。
What I want to know is who was the first guy to discover this muddy hole and say "Hey, this would be a good place to go for a dive!" I mean, look at it.
我想知道的是,谁是第一个发现这个泥坑并说“嘿,这是个潜水的好地方!”我的意思是,看看它。
Back at the truck, Mike and I start suiting up. We will walk in our gear to the water.
回到卡车旁,迈克和我开始穿衣服。我们将穿着装备走到水边。
Mike, as a cave diving instructor, will be my guide to exploring the blue hole.
迈克是一名洞穴潜水教练,他将是我探索蓝洞的向导。
Mike wears some specific gear for cave diving, including redundant dive computers, an extra regulator and he will even be carrying a spare scuba tank.
麦克穿着洞穴潜水的特殊装备,包括额外的潜水电脑,额外的调节器,他甚至会带一个备用的潜水氧气瓶。
So I'm not quite as technical as Mike, but I do have some specialized gear for cave diving.
我没有迈克那么专业,但是我有一些专门的潜水装备。
I have a scuba tank, it's a normal scuba tank, but it has an H valve on it.
我有一个潜水氧气瓶,它是一个普通的气瓶,但上面有一个H阀。
It has two separate independent first stages.
它有两个独立的阶段。
So I've got my normal regulator that I always use on the first one and a completely separate, redundant backup regulator on the other one.
这是正常的调节器,我总是用第一个,另一个是完全独立、多余的备用调节器。
So that way I can turn one off, turn the other one on, and if I have a problem with either one of my regulators, I have a completely secondary backup.
这样我就可以关掉一个,打开另一个,如果其中一个调节器有问题,我就有一个完全备用的调节器。
For lighting, my lights on my camera, my huge video lights, those are my primary lights.
我的相机上安装有巨大的摄影灯做照明之用,这些是我的主灯。
But I have a flashlight in my pocket and a chemical light stick which you break and it glows and you have 12 hours of light.
但我口袋里有一个手电筒和一根化学发光棒,你把它折断,它就会发光,照明时间为12个小时。
It has no batteries and that's probably more lights than I'm going to need.
它没有电池,而且可能比我需要的还要多。
With our gear all assembled and ready, we hike into the brush. And man is it hot!
所有的装备都配备好了,我们徒步走进灌木丛。热!
Nothing like a long walk in the hot Bahamian sun wearing full scuba gear and a wetsuit to burn off a few calories!
没有什么比穿着全套潜水装备和潜水服在巴哈马的烈日下长距离散步更能燃烧卡路里了!
This water is going to feel extremely good after that warm walk through here.
身子热了之后,水会让你感觉非常好。
Oh yeah, I'm looking forward to that!
哦,是的,我很期待!
Finally it's time to jump into the water and explore the Guardian.
最后,是时候跳进水里探索Guardian了。
Oh that feels so good!
哦,感觉真好!
Well, it's time to go check it out!
好了,是时候去看看了!
As I sink down into the yellowish-green water, I can hardly see because it's so murky.
当我潜到黄绿色的水中,我几乎看不见,因为光线太暗了。
I'm following Mike's pink fins. He specifically uses the brightest pink he can find
我在跟踪迈克的粉色脚蹼。他专门使用了最亮的粉色
so the people following behind can see him in limited visibility.
好让后面的人在有限的范围内看到他。
Cameraman Tim is right behind me, bringing up the rear as we sink down into a dark spooky hole in the ground.
当我们沉入一个阴森恐怖的洞时,摄影师蒂姆就在我后面为我们殿后。
As we descend, we pass through layers of what looks like smoke in the water.
当我们下降的时候,我们在水中穿过了几层看起来像烟雾的东西。
Mike points out these clouds of suspended sediments to me as we keep sinking.
当我们不断下沉时,迈克向我指出这些悬浮沉淀物。
The blue holes leads into a huge cave system and it's a lot deeper than you might imagine.
蓝色的洞通向一个巨大的洞穴系统,它比你想象的要深得多。
Periodically Mike turns to make sure we are still here, and his flashlight illuminates a permanent guide line that previous divers have installed.
迈克不时地转过身来,以确保我们还在这里,他的手电筒照亮了之前潜水员安装的一条永久的导航线。
This line guides the way out in case we get disoriented.
这条线指引我们出去,以防我们迷路。
The walls on each side of us go straight down. We are sinking into a deep crack.
我们两边的墙都是垂直向下的。我们正处于深深的裂缝中。
As we get deeper, the walls get closer together, but the water gets clearer.
随着我们越走越深,墙靠得更近了,但水却更清了。
We have passed into seawater from the freshwater above. I can taste the salt on my lips.
我们从上面的淡水中进入了海水。我能尝到嘴唇上的盐味。
If we could go far enough, eventually we could reach the ocean.
如果我们走得足够远的话,最终我们能到达海洋。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
specialized ['speʃəlaizd]

想一想再看

专门的 专科的

 
descend [di'send]

想一想再看

v. 降,传,降临

联想记忆
mild [maild]

想一想再看

adj. 温和的,柔和的

 
vast [vɑ:st]

想一想再看

adj. 巨大的,广阔的
n. 浩瀚的太

 
lush [lʌʃ]

想一想再看

adj. 苍翠繁茂的,多青草的,丰富的 n. 酒,酒鬼

 
brush [brʌʃ]

想一想再看

n. 刷子,画笔
n. 灌木丛
n.

 
technical ['teknikəl]

想一想再看

adj. 技术的,工艺的

 
independent [indi'pendənt]

想一想再看

adj. 独立的,自主的,有主见的
n. 独立

联想记忆
spare [spɛə]

想一想再看

adj. 多余的,闲置的,备用的,简陋的
v.

 
tank [tæŋk]

想一想再看

n. 坦克,箱,罐,槽,贮水池
vt. 把 .

 

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 南极洲潜水之旅(上) 2018-12-24
  • 南极洲潜水之旅(下) 2018-12-25
  • 巴哈马群岛洞穴潜水(下) 2019-01-04
  • 石斑鱼(上) 2019-01-07
  • 石斑鱼(下) 2019-01-08
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。