手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 科学探秘之旅 > 正文

长时间与外界隔绝时 如何避免失去理智?

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

As the crew of Seeker progresses on their expedition on to raise awareness for ocean health,

随着《科学探索之旅》探险队提高人们对海洋健康的意识这一征程的继续,
they must brave rough weather and long hours of strenuous duties in tight quarters.
他们不仅要忍受恶劣的天气,还要忍受长时间在狭小的空间里从事的繁重工作。
Being on this boat is a bit like being in a spaceship.
在这艘船上航行有种在宇宙飞船里航行的感觉。
What I miss the most from land is all the sounds, all the smells,
陆地上我最想念的是所有的声音,所有的气味,
music in the streets, cars, voices of people that you don't know, the smell of good food. The smell of cheese.
街道上的音乐,汽车,陌生人的声音,美食的味道。
All the fresh products.
我想念所有新鲜食品的味道。
Members of the crew keep themselves sane with strict routines, secret snack stashes, books, movies and games.
探险队的船员们可以通过严格要求的日程、藏的零食、书籍、电影和游戏来保持理智。
But the games swimmer Ben Lecomte has designed for himself are much more than entertainment.
但游泳运动员本·勒孔特给自己设计的游戏远不止拿来娱乐那么简单。
They help keep his mind occupied through eight hours of swimming.
那些游戏还要帮助他在游泳的8个小时里保持注意力的集中。
It's not a game that I can teach to a person.
我给自己设计的不是能够拿来教别人玩儿的游戏。
It's hard to explain,
这个游戏很难说清楚,
but it's using pictures that represent to me some certain numbers and making a series of numbers that I remember by the pictures.
差不多就是给我展示一些代表特定数字的图片,然后用那些图片组成一系列我通过图片记下来的数字。
When Ben swam the Atlantic in 1998,
本1998年横游大西洋的时候,
solitude and exertion took such a toll on him that he took a 6-day hiatus in the Azores.
孤独和劳累使他付出了巨大的代价,为此他在亚速尔群岛休整了整整6天。
Now, with a bigger support crew and a family waiting for him at home,
现在,有了更大的后勤团队,有家人盼着他回家,
he's learned to lay out his thoughts for the day like an outfit.
本也学会了把自己当天的想法大胆地表达出来。
I go back to the previous day and try to focus on what went well and what I could improve.
我会反思前一天的表现,努力把精力集中在哪些地方做得好,哪些地方还有改进的空间上。
Then after that first hour, when I am warm, I am at the right pace, and I will pick another subject up.
然后,过了那一个小时之后,当我感到暖和过来,游泳的节奏正常了,我就会重新选一个主题。
My son never windsurfed, so for me, one activity I would like to do with him is to teach him how to windsurf.
我儿子从来不玩儿风帆冲浪,所以,对我来说,我想和他一起做的事情之一就是教他怎么玩儿风帆冲浪。
I go through all the detail that will bring me there and try to live that moment with them.
我会在脑海里设想风帆冲浪的所有细节,然后试着把他们一起享受那个时刻。
Not only does Ben have these mental games,
本不仅给自己设计了这些心理游戏,
but he's also being watched closely by machine learning specialist Eduardo Marques.
还受到了机器学习专家爱德华多·马奎的密切观察。
I was wondering if we are able to understand the balance between fatigue and performance.
我很好奇,我们能否理解疲劳和工作表现之间的平衡。
I want to understand which kind of variables in terms of sociological, in terms of physiological, psychological and environmental
我想知道从社会学,生理,心理和环境的角度来看,
affects Ben's performance and Ben's fatigue.
影响本的游泳表现和疲劳的分别都有哪些因素。
3

To get a baseline reading of his personality and anxiety levels,

要得到本的性格和焦虑程度的基线数据,
Ben took some initial evaluations where he scored high on visualization and resilience.
本做了一些初步的评估,结果显示他在形象思维和弹性方面得分很高。
You can see that the cognitive scale is 17, the somatic scale is 9. And the self confidence is 27.
我们可以看到,他的认知能力得分是17分,躯体得分是9。自信心得分是27。
So Ben has more or less high level confidence, and a low anxiety level so far.
由此可见,到目前为止,本基本上是很自信的,焦虑水平也比较低。
Every day, the crew captures videos and photographs of Ben after his swim to send to Eduardo.
每天,工作人员都会在本游完泳之后给他拍视频和照片,然后发给爱德华多。
You need to take one image from Ben, the entire body, just to analyze the posture,
你们要拍一张本的全身照,用来分析他的姿势,
and another one, just the top view of Ben, to analyze the facial expression.
再拍一张头像,用来分析他的面部表情。
Also, a small video log where Ben is able just to look at the camera and express what he's feeling, what he's doing.
还要再拍一个本可以看着摄像机表达他的感受,他在做什么的短视频日志。
The first step of this is to try to extract meaningful information from all these sources.
第一步是从所有这些资源中提取有意义的信息。
Human Activity Recognition, the idea is to try to understand human behavior with the different sources that you might have.
这就是“人类行为识别”,即借助能够获得的各种资源来尝试理解人类行为的理念。
For images and video, I'm using computer vision techniques to extract Ben's emotions.
对于图像和视频,我会用计算机视觉技术来提取本的情绪。
We'll have data from his nutrition, from his physiological condition, the interaction between Ben and the crew.
我们的数据来源包括他摄入的营养,他的生理状况以及他和和船员之间的互动。
We'll have the weather conditions, the sea conditions, the wind conditions.
当时的天气条件,海洋条件,风力条件。
We will have also the logbook, the distance that Ben was able to travel on that day.
还有航海日志以及本当天游过的距离等等。
Eduardo's model will measure the relationships among these variables,
最后,爱德华多就用他建立的模型测量那些变量之间的关系,
and verify which combinations affect Ben's mental health the most.
从而得出对本的心理健康影响最大的是哪些变量。
He will work with psychological analysis expert Sébastien Montel to check if the model's predictions are correct,
他还会与心理分析专家塞巴斯蒂恩·蒙特尔合作,验证模型的预测是否正确,
allowing the program to learn and improve over time.
他的项目也因此能够随着时间不断地学习、改进。
For instance, does waiting out bad weather like a typhoon increase Ben's mental fatigue, or jumpstart his motivation?
比如,等待台风之类的坏天气过去是会增加本的疲劳程度,还是会激发他的动力?
There was a little bit a few weeks ago, when we had rough weather.
几个星期前,我们遇到了一点儿小麻烦,当时天气很恶劣。
And he just stayed here on deck screaming at the ocean, but this was very, very impressive, very powerful.
他就呆在甲板上对着大海尖叫,非常有力的尖叫,当时真的是给人留下了非常非常深刻的印象。
It wasn't a depressed screaming, it was really like “Yeah, we're gonna do it! Yeah!"
不是那种沮丧的尖叫,而是那种“对,我们还非游完不可了!没错!”
I've never felt depressed, or low.
我从来没有觉得沮丧或者低落过。
Of course there are moments that are very difficult and challenging, but I look at it in a bigger picture.
非常困难非常具有挑战性的时刻当然是有的,但我还是会以全局的眼光看待面临的问题。
I think Ben holds himself really well together mentally.
我觉得从精神的角度来看,本的自控力是非常好的。
Swimming through all the plastic really motivates Ben to keep going.
从无数的塑料垃圾中游过来这件事更加坚定了本坚持下去的决心。
The fact that since day one, we've been seeing trash everywhere, every day,
事实上,从第一天起,我们每天都能看到到处都是垃圾的情形,
I think for him has been very, very sobering.
在我看来,这件事对他来说是有醍醐灌顶的作用的。
He knows that every stroke he does, it's just one more step forward to raise awareness on these issues.
他知道,他每次将手臂划入水中,就离提高大家对这些问题的危机意识更近了一步。
It's reinforced my determination and my conviction about the problem that we have with marine plastic debris.
这也强化了我对整治海洋塑料垃圾碎片问题的决心和信念。
Be sure to visit Seeker.com/TheSwim to read daily updates from Ben Lecomte,
记得访问Seeker.com/TheSwim,阅读本·勒孔特的每日更新,
track his progress in real time, and watch more videos about the science happening onboard Seeker.
实时跟踪他的进展,并观看本栏目更多关于科学的视频。
Click here for this next episode, and don't forget to subscribe.
点击这里观看下一集,别忘了订阅噢。
Thanks for watching.
感谢大家的收看。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
confidence ['kɔnfidəns]

想一想再看

adj. 骗得信任的
n. 信任,信心,把握

联想记忆
track [træk]

想一想再看

n. 小路,跑道,踪迹,轨道,乐曲
v. 跟踪

 
psychological [.saikə'lɔdʒikəl]

想一想再看

adj. 心理(学)的

 
challenging ['tʃælindʒiŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 大胆的(复杂的,有前途的,挑战的) n. 复杂

 
stroke [strəuk]

想一想再看

n. 笔画,击打,一笔(画)连续的动作,中风,

联想记忆
occupied

想一想再看

adj. 已占用的;使用中的;无空闲的 v. 占有(oc

 
strict [strikt]

想一想再看

adj. 严格的,精确的,完全的

 
awareness [ə'wɛənis]

想一想再看

n. 认识,意识,了解

联想记忆
expedition [.ekspi'diʃən]

想一想再看

n. 远征,探险队,迅速

联想记忆
initial [i'niʃəl]

想一想再看

n. (词)首字母
adj. 开始的,最初的,

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。