手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 那些你不知道的故事 > 正文

灾后重建 白衣天使在人间

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

I knew the morning of the 26th that there was something wrong.

26号那天早晨我就知道出事了。
You could feel it.
感都感觉得到。
It was just a sea of fire coming over the hill burning into the city.
当时完全就是一片火海从山上向城市这边滚滚而来。
From the hospital you could see almost the whole entire thing.
从医院这边几乎可以整个火海。
My name is Ed Zawada.
我是艾德·扎瓦达。
I am a staff physician at Mercy Medical Center.
是美慈医疗中心的一名医生。
I provide care for kidney patients and ICU patients.
工作内容是治疗和护理肾脏病患者和ICU的患者。
My name's Kenneth Luke.
我是肯尼斯·卢克。
I am the Disaster Infectious Diseases and Base Station Coordinator.
是美慈医疗中心的灾难传染病和基站协调员。
The fire took on a life of its own.
那场火灾仿佛有了自己的生命一样。
We kept hearing that this fire was continuing to spread.
我们不断地听到火势在继续蔓延的消息。
This is a city of around 90,000 people.
这是一座大约有着9万人口的城市。
Thirty thousand people were evacuated.
有3万人都被疏散了。
The red area on this map is the complete burn from the fire
地图上这片红色的区域是被那场大火彻底烧毁了的区域,
with the winds being so high and so fast
因为当时火势实在太过迅猛,
it actually blew embers over to the other side of the river,
有火苗直接被吹到了这条河的对岸,
1

which was where a majority of the homes were burned.

烧毁的房屋里有大部分对岸的房屋,那些房屋就是这么烧毁的。
I finally planted those roses in the front of the house and after the fire, they were a puddle of melted plastic.
我好不容易才在家门前种了那些玫瑰,大火过后,它们全都变成了一滩融化的塑料。
That was what was left of our house.
我们家在那场大火中被烧成了这样。
I knew there'd be damage but total destruction?
我知道大火过后,财产损失肯定是免不了的,可烧得一干二净?
People were surprised that Ed went back to work the next day.
火灾过后的第二天艾德就回去上班了,对此大家都吃了一惊。
You can't sit around and mope.
坐在那儿消沉有什么用呢。
All that's left now is the present and the future and that's not a bad thing.
现在只剩下现在和未来了,所以还不算糟糕。
Human kindness was displayed throughout this whole entire event.
人类的善良也在整个事件中得到了充分的体现。
Many, many staff lost their homes or evacuated and just came to work
很多员工都失去了他们的家园或者被疏散走了,他们也都回来工作了,
because they knew that the patients still needed to be taken care of.
因为他们知道病人们还在等着他们照顾。
They knew that the communities still needed us.
知道社区仍然需要我们。
From administration to staff, they were gonna find a way to help and they did.
从公司的管理层到员工,大家都需要想办法贡献自己的一份力量,他们做到了。
We set up an employee assistance program;
我们设立了员工援助计划;
we had a lot a of counselors come in and set up regular counseling.
我们请来了很多心理咨询师为大家提供定期的咨询。
They set up funds to help reimburse employees to get them back on their feet.
他们还设立了基金帮助补偿员工,让他们重新振作起来。
They made supplies available, made some support available, made some money available.
他们提供了物资,提供了支持,提供了资金。
Anybody who was evacuated, anybody who lost their home, they helped them out.
任何被疏散的人,任何失去家园的人,我们都会想办法帮助他们。
Why are we here if it's not to help each other?
如果不是为了互相帮助,那我们活在这个世界上干嘛?
Human kindness, I think is the responsibility of every person on this planet.
我认为,有人情味儿,是这个星球上每个人的责任。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
melted [meltid]

想一想再看

adj. 融化的;溶解的 v. 融化;溶解(melt的过

 
plastic ['plæstik, plɑ:stik]

想一想再看

adj. 塑料的,可塑的,造型的,整形的,易受影响的

 
available [ə'veiləbl]

想一想再看

adj. 可用的,可得到的,有用的,有效的

联想记忆
planet ['plænit]

想一想再看

n. 行星

 
spread [spred]

想一想再看

v. 伸展,展开,传播,散布,铺开,涂撒
n.

 
disaster [di'zɑ:stə]

想一想再看

n. 灾难

联想记忆
physician [fi'ziʃən]

想一想再看

n. 内科医生

 
funds

想一想再看

n. 基金;资金,现金(fund的复数) v. 提供资金

 
puddle ['pʌdl]

想一想再看

n. 水坑,地上积水,胶泥, v. 搅浊,在泥污中打滚,

 
administration [əd.mini'streiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 行政,管理,行政部门

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。