手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 吉米肥伦秀 > 正文

美国政府关门之后

来源:可可英语 编辑:kelly   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Well, you guys, a polar vortex is supposed to hit the east coast this weekend,

朋友们,本周末,一场极地涡旋会袭击东海岸,
and temperatures are expected to drop below freezing.
预计气温将降至零度以下。
Yeah, you can tell it's cold, 'cause today, Trump and Nancy Pelosi were cuddling for warmth.
是的,你会感觉到冷,因为今天,特朗普和南希·佩洛西互相拥抱取暖。
Come here. Get in there. Come on.
到这里来。到我怀里来,快。
That's right.A polar vortex.
对的,极地漩涡。
May not mean much to you, but your local weatherman just spent all day shotgunning Red Bulls.
也许对你来说没什么,但当地的气象员一整天都在喝红牛。
He's like, Here we go! Let's do it baby!
就像,我们开始吧!让我们开始吧,宝贝!
Polar vortex!
极地涡旋!
In some places, the weather is already making things difficult.
在一些地方,因为天气而行事艰难。
This week, a woman in Michigan was leaving for work when her doorbell camera caught her stepping out onto some ice.
本周,密歇根的一名妇女正要去上班,突然她的门铃摄像头拍到了她走到冰面上的一幕。
She's okay, but watch this.
她没事,来看这个视频。
She just stayed in that position and slid all the way to work.
她就那样坐着,一路滑着去上班。
Let's get to some news.
我们来看一些新闻。
The federal government has now been shut down for exactly four weeks.
联邦政府已经停工整整四个星期。
It's a big deal, 'cause if your government shutdown lasts longer than four weeks, you're supposed to call a doctor.
这是件大事,因为如果你的政府关门时间超过四周,你应该去看医生了。
Oh, really?
哦,真的吗?
Yeah, yeah.
是的,是的。
But the government's been shutdown for 28 days.
但是政府已经关闭了28天。

杰米肥伦秀

At this point, the shutdown has lasted longer than anyone who's ever worked at the White House.

在这一点上,政府关门时间比任何在白宫工作过的人都要长。
Think about it.
想一下。
And it seems like there's no end in sight.
而且似乎看不到尽头。
You can tell Trump's desperate to get money for his wall, 'cause earlier today, he proposed to Jeff Bezos.
你可以看出特朗普非常想为他的墙赚钱,因为今天早些时候,他向杰夫·贝佐斯求婚了。
Really?
真的吗?
He's got to --He's trying to do it. Yeah.
必须的呀——他正在努力。
Come on, get in here.
快,到我这儿来。
I saw that lately, a bunch of Democrats have announced that they're running for President during the shutdown.
最近,我看到一群民主党人宣布他们将在政府关闭期间竞选总统。
Might want to wait. I mean, it's like standing up during a funeral and yelling,
可能时机不对。我是说,这就像在葬礼上站起来大喊,
You guys, we're engaged!
朋友们,我们订婚了!
Speaking of the shutdown, to earn money, I read that some TSA agents are now driving for Uber.Yeah.
说到政府停工,赚钱,我了解到运输安全管理局(TSA)的某些代理正在优步担任驾驶员。是的。
You know your Uber driver is a TSA agent when they don't offer you a bottle of water, they take yours away.
你要知道,优步司机是TSA的工作人员,如果他们不给你一瓶水,他们就会拿走你的。
I heard that unpaid TSA agents are starting to blast rap music at the airport because they're fed up with the government shutdown.
我听说TSA的无薪员工开始在机场播放说唱音乐,因为他们受够了政府的关闭。
It's kind of weird when they tell you to remove your jacket and shoes, and you hear...
他们让你脱掉夹克和鞋子会有些奇怪,你听到……
It's getting hot in here So hot So take off all your clothes
这里太热了,太热了,把衣服全都脱掉
Or when you're getting a pat down, and you hear...
或者当有人拍你的时候,你听到……
Bend over to the front touch your toes
俯身向前,触摸你的脚趾
And of course, when the line isn't really moving, and you hear...
当然,当一排人不动的时候,你会听到…
Move, bitch, get out the way
走开,泼妇,让开
You know? It's just odd to hear at the airport.
你知道,在机场听到这个很奇怪。
Yeah, wouldn't think.
是的,想不到。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
remove [ri'mu:v]

想一想再看

v. 消除,除去,脱掉,搬迁
n. 去除

联想记忆
engaged [in'geidʒd]

想一想再看

adj. 忙碌的,使用中的,订婚了的

 
bend [bend]

想一想再看

v. 弯曲,使弯曲,屈服,屈从
n. 弯曲,弯

 
announced [ə'naunst]

想一想再看

宣布的

 
desperate ['despərit]

想一想再看

adj. 绝望的,不顾一切的

联想记忆

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 电影《上行》给我们的思考 2019-01-16
  • 7字超有力量的话 2019-01-21
  • 小特总统的妄想症 2019-01-25
  • 卧室的小枕头到底有啥用 2019-01-28
  • 今年最流行的数学题 2019-02-02
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。