Welcome to English @ the Movies, where we teach you American English heard at the movies.
欢迎来到《看电影学英语》节目,我们在这里教授你在电影中听到的美式英语。
This saying today is from the drama "Love After Love".
今天的用语出自电影《爱在爱之后》。
It is about a happy family: mom, dad and two adult sons.
这是一部关于一个幸福家庭的故事:母亲,父亲还有两个已成年的儿子。
But then a sad event happens.
但是随后一件悲伤的事情发生了。
Listen for one of the sons saying "I just lost my dad".
留意听一下其中一个儿子说的“I just lost my dad”。
I just lost my dad. My father passed away.
我刚刚失去了我的父亲。我父亲去世了。
We'll follow up in a day or two and see how you're coping and how you're doing. Thank you.
我们会在一两天内跟进,看看你是如何应对和处理的。谢谢。
To marriage, long-lived and fruitful.
祝婚姻长长久久,圆圆满满。
And to my mother. Hear, hear.
还要敬我的母亲。听听。
So what do you think "I just lost my dad" means?
那么你认为I just lost my dad是什么意思呢?
Is it: my dad just left or my dad just died?
是我父亲刚刚离开了还是我父亲刚刚去世了?
Listen again, did you have the right answer?
再听一遍,你答对了吗?
I just lost my dad. My father passed away.
我刚刚失去了我的父亲。我父亲去世了。
We'll follow up in a day or two and see how you're coping and how you're doing.
我们会在一两天内跟进,看看你是如何应对和处理的。
"I just lost my dad" means my dad just died.
I just lost my dad的意思是我父亲刚刚去世了。
In this movie, the mother and her sons struggle with their grief.
在这部电影中,这位母亲和她的儿子在与悲伤作斗争。
At times, they turn against each other.
有时,他们会反目成仇。
One of the sons drinks too much alcohol, the other son breaks up with his girlfriend.
其中一个儿子严重酗酒,另外一个儿子则和他的女友分手了。
And the mother tries to find happiness in new, romantic relationships.
而这位母亲试图在新的、浪漫的关系中找到幸福。
The film shows how hard it can be to lose someone you love.
这部电影展现了失去你爱的人会多么的困难。
And that's English @ the Movies.
以上就是今天的《看电影学英语》。