手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 那些你不知道的故事 > 正文

尤金·舒梅克 那个骨灰撒在了月球上的男人

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

For as long as I knew Eugene, he had his sight set on space.

自打我认识尤金起,他的注意力就一直在太空方面。
All these years later I can't believe he's still up there. My man on the moon.
这么多年过去了,我真不敢相信他还在那上面。还在月球上。
Eugene and I were married 46 years.
我们两人的婚姻延续了46年。
I first met Eugene when he was studying geology at Princeton.
我们第一次见面的时候他还在普林斯顿学习地质学。
He would tell me about all the secrets the Earth held. And of course his favorite, those impact craters.
那时他会跟我讲关于地球的所有秘密。当然,还有他最喜欢的撞击坑的故事。
Soon enough he got me to fall in love with those rocks, too.
很快,他就让我也爱上了那些石头。
After the kids had grown and were out of the house,
孩子们长大成人离开家以后,
I was looking for something to do and Gene suggested maybe I would like to see things through the telescope.
我想找点事做,吉恩说也许我会对用望远镜看东西感兴趣。
We spent our days holed up in Lowell Observatory.
我们整天整天地宅在洛厄尔天文台里。
"I believe that this nation... "
“我相信这个国家……”
When Kennedy announced that they were going to send a man to the moon, Gene was terribly excited.
肯尼迪宣布要将人类送上月球时,吉恩非常激动。
Gene wanted to go to the moon more than anything else.
吉恩最想做的事就是去月球。
Then he got the medical test. Addison's Disease.
之后他去做了体检。阿狄森氏病。
His immune system wasn't protecting him the way it needed to.
他的免疫系统没有像它本来应该保护吉恩那样保护他。
They couldn't risk him leaving Earth.
他们不能冒险让他离开地球。
He felt like his goal had suddenly disappeared.
吉恩感觉自己的目标突然消失了。
At the same time he was not a quitter.
但同时,他并不是一个轻言放弃的人。
2

He set up his own mock lunar site and trained Neil Armstrong and the rest of the boys before they took off.

他建立了自己的模拟月球基地,在尼尔·阿姆斯特朗和其他人起飞前对他们进行相关训练。
Our focus changed over the years from looking up at the moon and looking at the sky to how the Earth was formed.
这些年来,我们的关注点从仰望月球,仰望天空转向了研究地球是如何形成的。
We packed up and criss-crossed Australia looking for signs of impact craters.
我们收拾好行李,然后在澳大利亚各地寻找陨石坑的迹象。
On the day of the accident, we were just looking off in the distance, talking about how much fun we were having.
事故发生的那天,我们只是看着远处,说着我们有多开心。
And then suddenly there appeared a Land Rover in front of us.
然后,突然,一辆路虎就出现在了我们的面前。
There was no time to think. The two vehicles collided. And Gene died.
我们还来不及思考,两辆车就相撞了。吉恩遇难了。
I had a call while I was in the hospital.
我在医院的时候接到了一个电话。
He said they're about to send a mission up to the moon.
那人说,他们即将启动一项登月任务。
I wonder if you would like to put Gene's ashes on the moon, and so I said I think that would be wonderful.
想知道我是否同意将吉恩的骨灰放在月球上,我说,那就太好了。
The whole family was there to wave Gene goodbye.
当天,全家人都集体向吉恩挥手告别。
After the mission was completed, it ran out of fuel and it crashed into the moon.
任务完成后,飞船耗尽了燃料,撞向了月球。
And that's where Gene's ashes are now.
那里就是吉恩骨灰所在的地方。
Suddenly the man who spent his whole life studying craters had made his own impact.
突然间,这位毕生都在研究陨石坑的人终于留下了自己的印记。
I miss him always, but to this day I can look up at the moon and imagine him there with his rocks looking down at me.
我一直很想念他,但直到今天,我才敢抬头望着月亮,想象着他就站在那里,和他的岩石正看着我。
He still lights up every single one of my night skies.
他依然照亮着我的每一片夜空。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
immune [i'mju:n]

想一想再看

adj. 免除的,免疫的

 
observatory [əb'zə:və.tri]

想一想再看

n. 天文台,气象台,了望台

联想记忆
announced [ə'naunst]

想一想再看

宣布的

 
impact ['impækt,im'pækt]

想一想再看

n. 冲击(力), 冲突,影响(力)
vt.

联想记忆
gene [dʒi:n]

想一想再看

n. 基因

联想记忆
mock [mɔk]

想一想再看

v. 嘲笑,嘲弄,模仿
n. 嘲笑,戏弄,模仿

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。