手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 柯登深夜秀 > 正文

空中餐厅,你敢体验一下吗?

来源:可可英语 编辑:Vicki   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Thank you for being here. We have a great show for you tonight.

谢谢你们的到来 今天晚上的节目很精彩
And I know a lot of you have traveled from out of town to be here with us tonight.
我知道为了参加今晚的节目 你们中的很多人都是特意赶来现场的
If you are looking to make dinner plans while you are here, have I got the place for you
如果你们有准备一会儿吃晚餐的话 我有个主意
because a company is offering an experience called dinner in the sky, right.
最近有家公司提出了一个空中晚宴的想法
And it's coming to LA where your dinner table is suspended 150 feet in the air, while you eat.
地点在洛杉矶 你们吃饭的同时 晚宴桌将会被挂在距地150 英尺的高空
They've already done this in London. Take a look.
他们已经在伦敦试过一次了 一起来看
Strapped in, a sort of civilized roller coaster over a ten-day period,
一群伦敦市民被绑上安全带 他们将会在为期十天的时间里体验这次晚餐
Londoners were welcome to take to the skies for a once in a lifetime opportunity.
这将是他们一生中仅有一次的机会
To fine dine while sky high.
空中晚宴
I mean that's terrifying.
这也太吓人了吧
Like you better make sure, because once you're up there, you're really locked into that first date.
做决定前 我全你们好好考虑 因为一旦上去 你就真的被困在那个位置了
So you know that people are still going to complain.
你知道总是有人会抱怨
Can we get another table, this is a little bit in sun.
我们能换张桌子吗 这儿太阳太大了
Seriously, this feels really dangerous.
真的 听起来就特别危险

空中餐厅,你敢体验一下吗?

Although it actually feels more dangerous for people walking underneath.

不过可能还是下面经过的行人更危险一点
Like you are going to be like, could I get another fork?
比如设想下 你跟服务生说 能再给我一柄叉子吗
And an ambulance, we're going to need an ambulance.
还有救护车 赶紧叫救护车
If you are looking for more thrills in your summer travels,
如果今年夏天你想体验点刺激的
maybe you want to visit the gothard tunnel in Switzerland which is the longest railway tunnel in the world.
也许你可以考虑下瑞士的格塔尔德隧道 它是世界上最长的火车隧道
Which recently had its opening ceremony and boy, was it a ceremony. Take a look.
最近刚举行完开通仪式 真的 一起来看
Look, I'm hosting the tony awards this weekend, right, and even I think that that is over the top.
我这周末要去主持托尼奖 连我都觉得这个太过了
Now what this was, this is meant to be, this is meant to be a tribute to the people who worked on the tunnel, right.
这个节目本来是想表达对那些隧道工人的敬意
And what better way to honor the blue colour construction workers than with an interpretive dance show they definitely won't enjoy.
既然这样 还有什么比跳一支他们一定不会喜欢的舞更好的呢
This is an impressive feat of engineering, it really is.
隧道的建设是个伟大的工程
It is one of the most technologically advanced tunnels in the world.
从技术层面上来说 它是世界上使用技术最先进的隧道之一
And based on that video, it will be primarily used to transport ecstasy to gay nightclubs.
但从这个视频来看 可能它一开始会被用来运同性恋夜吧里那些玩嗨了的疯子
But I was—I would love to show you the end of that video,
我——我还想给你们看看视频末尾 本来是准备放的
I really would but unfortunately the train arrived while they were dancing.
但是不幸的是 他们跳舞的时候 一辆火车开过来了
Let's just say they had to close it for a couple of weeks.
所以这条隧道不得不关闭几个星期
Now if you are going traveling, you are going to need your passport.
现在凡事出去旅游都得带护照
You want to make sure you take a good picture. It is always difficult.
而想让自己护照上的照片好看一点 真的很难
Like you don't have one eye closed or maybe your hair say bit messed up.
可能有时候闭了一只眼 有时候可能头发乱了
Or maybe you could even end up looking like Adolf Hitler, right,
或者最后出来的照片很像阿道夫·希特勒
because that actually happened to one man in Northern Ireland, right.
这件事最近就发生在了北爱尔兰的一位男士身上
This is Stuart Boyd, okay. Just an average looking guy, there he is.
这位是斯图尔特·博易德 长相中等 长这样
And he was surprised to see that this is how his passport photo came back to him.
他拿到护照后整个人都惊呆了
I mean really, they really have gone full Hitler on that. They really, really have.
真的 太像希特勒了 真的
I mean ironically the one thing Hitler never needed was a passport.
但讽刺的是 希特勒永远也不会用到护照
Like I don't think he ever stopped at the border of Poland, like aww, yeah, I don't have my passport on me.
他不会停在波兰的国境线前 说 哎呀 我忘带护照了
I have got all these tanks, though, so—
不过我带了这些坦克 那——
But everything worked out. He got his passport fixed.
所以万事大吉 不要护照也没问题
So if he's traveling, he might not want to take his cat with him.
但这个人出去旅行的话 估计不愿意带上自己的猫了

重点单词   查看全部解释    
complain [kəm'plein]

想一想再看

vi. 抱怨,悲叹,控诉

 
construction [kən'strʌkʃən]

想一想再看

n. 建设,建造,结构,构造,建筑物

联想记忆
tunnel ['tʌnl]

想一想再看

n. 隧道,地道
v. 挖隧道,挖地道

联想记忆
tribute ['tribju:t]

想一想再看

n. 贡品,颂词,称赞,(表示敬意的)礼物

联想记忆
transport [træns'pɔ:t]

想一想再看

n. 运输、运输工具;(常用复数)强烈的情绪(狂喜或狂怒

联想记忆
advanced [əd'vɑ:nst]

想一想再看

adj. 高级的,先进的

 
opportunity [.ɔpə'tju:niti]

想一想再看

n. 机会,时机

 
suspended

想一想再看

adj. 悬浮的;暂停的,缓期的(宣判)

 
border ['bɔ:də]

想一想再看

n. 边界,边境,边缘
vt. 与 ... 接

 
impressive [im'presiv]

想一想再看

adj. 给人深刻印象的

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。