手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 柯登深夜秀 > 正文

泰德·科鲁兹盖住迈克·彭斯风头

来源:可可英语 编辑:hoy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Ladies and gentlemen, last night was night three of the republican convention.

女士们先生们 昨晚是共和党代会的第三晚
And if you thought the first two nights were exciting, then you really need to get out more.
如果你觉得前两晚的活动很有意思的话 你真的应该清醒一下
But seriously, a lot of weird stuff happened last night.
但说真的 昨晚发生了一些怪事
Starting with the odd gesture right wing talk show host Laura Ingraham gave during her speech.
我们从昨天右翼脱口秀主持劳拉·英格拉姆演讲中的奇怪手势开始讲起
Now people on Twitter were saying it looked kind of like a Nazi salute, I don't know.
推特上现在都在说她的手势很像是纳粹行礼的手势
You be the judge.
大家自行判断一下吧
God bless you and god bless the United States of America.
上帝保佑你们 上帝保佑美国
I mean she tried to play it off as a wave, like if you look closely you could almost
她想假装自己是在挥手 如果你仔细看 你会清楚的看见
see the exact moment where she realizes she's like, this is going to be on YouTube, isn't it?
从某一个时刻她仿佛想起来 这个视频会上油管的 不是吗
Didn't do that, just waving, just waving. Going like this.
不要这么做 挥手就好 事情是这样的
Now look, I don't actually think that Laura Ingraham was giving a Nazi salute but it was a little suspicious.
我并不觉得劳拉·英格拉姆是真的做出了纳粹行礼的手势 但她这个动作的确可疑
So she started her speech with can I get a hell yeah!
然后她就说 大家可以给我点尖叫声吗 就开始演讲了
But the big story—thank you, Guillermo. Thank you.
但重点——谢谢你吉列尔莫 谢谢
Did you hear that, like three seconds after—everyone else.
你是不是比大家晚三秒听到那个?
I'm having a problem. Or did you just get it.
我有个问题 你们刚听见了吗
But the big story of last night was that Texas senator Ted Cruz who despite being invited by Donald Trump
但昨晚的重头戏是 德克萨斯州的议员泰德·科鲁兹尽管应唐纳德·特朗普之邀出席了会议
refused to endorse him in his speech.
他却在发言中表示拒绝支持特朗普
And this prompted the audience to boo him.
此举引起观众席一片嘘声
But I've got to say Ted Cruz was completely unphased by the booing.
但看起来泰德·科鲁兹一点一没受影响
And I think it was because he thought they were going cruuuze, he's like thank guys, thank you, thank you.
我猜是因为他把嘘声听成了 科鲁——兹 于是他说 谢谢 谢谢大家
But the real question is why wouldn't Ted Cruz endorse Donald Trump. I think it's disgraceful.
但问题在于 为什么泰德·科鲁兹不支持唐纳德·特朗普呢 我觉得这一行为并不友好
Once you have lost the nomination, it's time to get behind your party, be a team player, Ted Cruz.
一旦失去提名 你就应该站到你的党派中去 去团结党派中的人啊 泰德·科鲁兹
What did Donald Trump do to you that he doesn't deserve your endorsement.
唐纳德·特朗普对你做了什么以至于你连支持他都不愿意呢
This guy Ted Cruz is the single biggest liar I ever ever dealt with in my life.
泰德·科鲁兹这个人简直是我一生中遇到的最大的骗子
But he's a nasty guy, nobody likes him, nobody in congress likes him, nobody likes him anywhere.
他为人卑劣 没有人喜欢他 议会里就没人喜欢他 他搁哪儿都没人喜欢
His father was with Lee Harvey Oswald prior to Oswald being shot. Nasty guy.
李·哈维·奥斯维尔的被枪杀之前 是科鲁兹的父亲跟他在一起 卑鄙小人
You know what she said, she said he was ..., that's what.
你知道她说什么吗 她说他——就是这样
You have Lying Ted Cruz. I call him, I nicknamed him Lyin. I say Lyin.
你骗人 泰德·科鲁兹 我给他起了个小名叫莱茵 撒谎精

泰德·科鲁兹盖住迈克·彭斯风头.png

Okay, so I get Cruz might have two or three or 37 reasons not to endorse Trump.

好吧 我现在明白了科鲁兹大概有两到三个甚至三十七个理由不支持特朗普
Now traditionally the third night of the convention is supposed to be all about the VP pick.
一般来说 会议的第三晚主要是选出副总统
And everyone was saying that the Ted Cruz fiasco overshadowed Trump's VP Mike Pence.
大家都说泰德·科鲁兹的惨败让麦克·彭斯的竞选显得没那么有趣了
But I don't know. Is it really that hard to overshadow a guy who looks like this?
但我也说不好 要遮住这样一个人的光芒有这么难吗
I mean it's like if dry wall had sex with a bowl of oatmeal.
看起来就像是一堵墙上糊了一层燕麦粥
Like even Trump doesn't seem to like him that much.
好像连特朗普都不是很喜欢他
Take a look at this awkward moment between them at the end of Pence's speech.
来看看彭斯演讲结束后两人这个尴尬的会面
Indiana governor Mike Pence, Donald Trump, coming out on the stage. It's his third appearance.
印第安纳州州长麦克·彭斯 唐纳德·特朗普正走下舞台 这是彭斯的第三次露面
They greeted each other the way you greet your girlfriend's mum the first time.
他们问候的方式就好像是你第一次见丈母娘的方式
You're like are we going to hug or do we—we just kiss on the lips. Just kiss on the lips.
一个人问 我们是拥抱还是——就吻嘴唇吧 吻嘴唇就好
Now I really like Trump and Pence's chemistry.
我很喜欢他们两个人之间的化学反应
Like you can tell these guys have been friends since all the way back on July 18th of 2016. You know?
你看得出来这两个人是从2016年的7月18号就一直是朋友吗
But truthfully Ted Cruz's shenanigans at the convention really robbed Pence of his moment in the spotlight
但说真的 泰德·科鲁兹的小心机确实抢走了人们本应放在彭斯身上的视线
so we here at the late, late show want to give it back to him.
现在我们深夜秀想把这些还给彭斯
So we compiled all of his greatest moments to give you an introduction to Mike Pence,
于是我们整理了一些麦克·彭斯的精彩瞬间合集
the republican vice president nominee, who really is he.
请欣赏副总统候选人 麦克·彭斯的介绍
Finally for the first time in history, we've collected all of Indiana governor Mike Pence's greatest moments in one explosive collection.
终于有了这么一次 我们收集了印第安纳州州长麦克·彭斯的精彩瞬间合集
Now that's what I call Pence, moments like he speaks from his heart.
我就是这么说的 他用心说话
And—well, I speak from my heart and my brain, just so we understand.
我说话会用心 还用脑 所以我们才互相理解
And that's it. Order now, available on DVD or 3MB thumb drive.
就是这样 现在订购 DVD和3M闪存盘都可以播放

重点单词   查看全部解释    
salute [sə'lu:t]

想一想再看

v. 行礼,致意,问候

 
prior ['praiə]

想一想再看

adj. 优先的,更重要的,在前的
adv.

 
senator ['senətə]

想一想再看

n. 参议员

联想记忆
fiasco [fi'æskəu]

想一想再看

n. 惨败 n. 酒瓶子

联想记忆
endorse [in'dɔ:s]

想一想再看

vt. 支持,赞同,背书于

联想记忆
thumb [θʌm]

想一想再看

n. 拇指
v. 翻阅,示意要求搭车

 
liar ['laiə]

想一想再看

n. 说谎者

联想记忆
endorsement [in'dɔ:smənt]

想一想再看

n. 支持,认可,背书

 
awkward ['ɔ:kwəd]

想一想再看

adj. 笨拙的,尴尬的,(设计)别扭的

 
available [ə'veiləbl]

想一想再看

adj. 可用的,可得到的,有用的,有效的

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。