手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 沃克斯独立观点 > 正文

特朗普时代 奥巴马医改的命运(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

We headed to an Antique shop in where the owner Bobby was another Obamacare enrollee.

之后我们去了一家古董店,这家店的老板鲍比也买了奥巴马医保。
"I had breast cancer last year. I was very happy to have my insurance.
“去年我得了乳腺癌。我很高兴我有保险。
But I didn't realize that the government was subsidizing my health insurance.
但我没有意识到政府补贴的是我的医保。
And I do think everybody deserves quality healthcare.
我认为每个人都应该享有优质的医保服务。
I just think the American form of healthcare is just totally out of hand price wise."
我只是觉得我们国家的医保并不在我们的能力范围之内,我是说就价格啊。”
One of Bobby’s complaints with the program is that it’s been linked to a president she strongly dislikes
鲍比对这个项目不满的一个原因在于这个项目跟她强烈反感的一位总统联系到了一起。
"And I absolutely detest hearing the word Obamacare. Detest it."
“我极其厌恶听到“奥巴马医保”这个词。极其厌恶。”
We traveled out to mall right on the border with Tennessee where Kathy sets up a booth to sign people up for Obamacare.
后来我们又去了田纳西州边境的购物中心,凯茜在那里搭了一个帮助大家参保的台面。
We talked to the mall manager about his perspective as he see with his employees and co-workers signing up for Obama Care.
我们采访了商场的经理,了解了他对同事和员工们参加奥巴马医保的看法。
“Initially, it seemed that everyone was excited, uh that they were going to have an opportunity to have health insurance that they could afford.
“起初,大家好像都很兴奋,感觉终于有机会享受他们可以负担得起的医保了。
There was some of them, first time in their whole life that they'd ever had coverage.
对他们中间的一部分人来说,那也是他们生平第一次被保险覆盖到。
The following year they were faced with the...the cost was increasing, so they had to make changes again.
第二年,他们却要面对,面对保费的增加,所以,他们不得不改变自己的保险计划。
And most of the time, it meant they were looking for policies that had even higher deductibles so that they could just try to keep insurance."
这通常意味着为了保住保险,他们就要选择自付款更高的保险方案(自付款高的方案保费一般较低)。
While Obamacare lead to 20 million Americans getting health insurance,
尽管奥巴马医保让享受医保的人数增加了2000万,
half of the enrollees who get their insurance on the obamacare marketplace say deductibles are still too high.
但是,这部分人中依然有一半的人认为自付款还是太高了。
"I'd say the people are disappointed, yeah, because some of them, because they just have such tight budgets."
“我感觉民众很失望,嗯,因为他们当中不少人.....口袋都非常非常紧张。”
Frustrated with the high rates, ACA enrollees have high confidence that Donald Trump will fix the problems with the health care law.
对奥巴马医保的高额保费失望了的那些人笃信,特朗普会解决该医保法案的问题。
"I think he will try because he's a business person first. And he knows money.
“我觉得他会尝试解决的,首先他是个商人,他懂钱啊。
So I think he'll fix a lot of things."
所以我相信他会解决很多问题。”
"I think that he will replace it with, or I'm hoping that he will, at least judging by the way he talks, you know, he's going to replace it with something even better so..." "Yeah. that's right." "yeah."
“我以为他会用新的方案取代它(奥巴马医保)...... 至少我希望他会这么做,至少从他说过的话来看,他是会用更好的方案去取代它(奥巴马医保)的,所以……”“是的,没错。”“是吧。”
Donald Trump didn’t campaign on a plan to replace Obamacare.
特朗普并没有就可以取代奥巴马医保的新计划展开宣传。
Instead he focused on a promise repealing it.
相反地,他把精力集中在了他承诺的“废除这一方案”方面。
"It will be repealed and replaced and we'll know and it will be great health care for much less money."
“它将被废除并被取代,到时候就知道了,(取代它的)会是一个很好而且更便宜的医保方案。”
An analysis by the non partisan Commonwealth Fund found Trumps proposals would lead up to 25 million people uninsured.
来自无党派的联邦基金会的分析发现,特朗普的那些提议将会导致多达2500万人失去保险
But the people we talked to didn’t seem to need a plan.
然而,我们采访的那些老乡似乎并不需要什么计划。
They felt frustrated with the current version of the law and seemed ok to take a gamble on Trump’s promise to
他们对现行医保法案颇为失望,似乎愿意冒险相信特朗普……
"repeal and replace it with something terrific”
“废除并以绝好的方案代替奥巴马医保方案”的承诺。

1

Kathy and many others took that gamble.

凯茜和这个县的其他居民都选择了冒这个险。
We traveled through a snowstorm, to fly to DC to meet the president.
我们穿过了一场暴风雪,飞往DC,去和总统见面。
"Go ahead Kathy"
“凯茜,你请说。”
"Hello, President Obama, I’m very excited to meet you."
“奥巴马总统您好,有幸能和您见面,我感到非常激动。”
"It's good to see you." "Thanks."
“我也很高兴见到你。”“谢谢。”
"Many Kentuckians are looking at the Affordable Care as unaffordable and unusable.
很多肯塔基州人都觉得平价医疗法案既不平价,也不好用。
how do you think this happened? How can we fix it?
您觉得为什么会出现这种问题?我们又应该如何去改善它?
Do we start all over again? What do you think we should do?"
要重头开始吗?您认为我们应该怎样做?”
"this is my main criticism of Obamacare is that the subsidies aren’t as high as they probably should be for a lot of working people.
“这也是我对奥巴马医保的主要不满,我们给许多工薪阶层的人的补贴都没有达到应该达到的水平。
So the two things we could do that would really make it work even better for people in Kentucky
但我们哟啊切实改善肯塔基民众的医保,可以从两个方面着手,
would be, number one, to provide more subsidies to folks who are working hard every day but still find the premiums — even with the subsidies — hard to meet.
第一,就那些每天都在努力工作,但即使有补贴,仍然难以负担保费的人群,增加给他们发放的补贴。
The problem is that’s not what’s being proposed by Mitch McConnell, the senator from Kentucky
问题是,这只是我的看法,不是肯塔基州的参议员米奇·麦康奈尔的看法。
Obama’s answer to Kathy lasted almost 8 minutes and you should watch the full thing to really hear his defense
奥巴马用了接近8分钟的时间来回答凯茜的问题,建议大家去看完整的访谈视频,认真听听他是怎么为这个医保方案辩白的。
But the gist of his answer is that The Affordable Care Act is imperfect but that the existing law can be improved upon.
但他的回答大意是平价医疗法案确实不是尽善尽美,但现行的医保体系也还有改善的空间。
But Congressional republicans and Donald Trump aren’t proposing improvements to the existing law.
问题是,国会的共和党议员和特朗普并没有提出改善现行体系的方案。
They are proposing repeal and have yet to articulate how they will legislate something better to take its place
他们只是提议废除它,从未阐明他们有什么更好的方案去取代它。
"I am saying to every Republican right now:
“我下面说的话是对所有共和党人说的:
If you can in fact put a plan together that is demonstrably better than what Obamacare is doing,
如果你们真的能提出一个明显比奥巴马医保表现得更好的方案,
I will publicly support repealing Obamacare and replacing it with your plan.
我就公开支持你们废除奥巴马医改,支持你们改用你们的方案。
But I want to see it first."
但我得先看到这样的方案才行。”
Many took the gamble on Trump without seeing any such plan.
而很多人还没看到这样的方案就将赌注押在了特朗普身上。
And now that the GOP controls congress,
如今,国会已然落到了共和党的掌控之中,
we will see if they can make good on their promise to build something better than Obamacare.
他们是否能兑现承诺,提出比奥巴马医保更好的方案,我们就拭目以待吧。
"I thought well, we need something different and that's why I made a joke
“我当时是想着,我们真的是需要换个医保方案,所以我才会开玩笑说,
it was like Russian Roulette or pushing the little Vegas little bar saying hey, I'm going to vote.
感觉就像在玩儿俄式轮盘似的,好像拉一下那个铃就说,嘿,我准备投给特朗普了。”

重点单词   查看全部解释    
disappointed [.disə'pɔintid]

想一想再看

adj. 失望的

 
current ['kʌrənt]

想一想再看

n. (水、气、电)流,趋势
adj. 流通的

联想记忆
absolutely ['æbsəlu:tli]

想一想再看

adv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地

 
quality ['kwɔliti]

想一想再看

n. 品质,特质,才能
adj. 高品质的

 
gist [dʒist]

想一想再看

n. 要点,要旨

联想记忆
articulate [ɑ:'tikjuleit]

想一想再看

adj. 发音清晰的,善于表达的
adj. 有

联想记忆
confidence ['kɔnfidəns]

想一想再看

adj. 骗得信任的
n. 信任,信心,把握

联想记忆
insurance [in'ʃuərəns]

想一想再看

n. 保险,保险费,安全措施

联想记忆
defense [di'fens]

想一想再看

n. 防卫,防卫物,辩护
vt. 防守

 
minutes ['minits]

想一想再看

n. 会议记录,(复数)分钟

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。