手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 全球顶级智囊访谈 > 正文

语言的力量

来源:可可英语 编辑:Daisy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Language does matter.

语言确实是有力量的

With transgender people, people joke a lot.

人们总喜欢拿变性人开玩笑

They're like, oh, they want they want to be called "them".

他们会说 哦 这类人想被称作“他们”

Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.

对 对 没错

He and she is made up, too, you stupid bitch.

他和她也是人们编出来的 你个蠢货

You know what I mean?

懂我的意思吗?

But the thing is, words have power-- words have power.

但问题是 语言是有能量的 语言有能量

If you don't believe it, date someone who calls you dummy.

如果你不信 那就跟叫你傻瓜的人约会试试

You know what I mean?

知道我什么意思吗?

238.png

Oh, they're just sounds from a mammal.

哦 语言只是哺乳动物发出的声音而已

No, they're not. They're spells.

不 才不是呢 语言是有魔力的

We're casting spells on each other.

我们在互相施展魔法

I do this on stage as a stand-up sometimes.

我有时候会在台上说单口相声

I point to someone in the front row, I go, that's a great shirt.

我指着前排的某个人说 那件衬衫不错

You made a great choice of that shirt.

你眼光真好

And you can see, even though they know I'm just joking around or making a point, it works.

你能看到 即便他们知道我是在开玩笑或者表达我的个人想法 他们听了也会高兴

Why do we say have a great weekend? That's just a spell.

我们为什么要说周末愉快呢?这只是一句套话

You're just going-- I have no control over your weekend.

你要 我又控制不了你的周末

But words matter. They change our interior world.

但语言是有力量的 它能改变我们的内心世界

Have a great weekend. And they're like, oh. It's not literal.

周末愉快 他们会想 哦 这句话不仅只是表面意思

I'm not like, I'm thinking about your weekend. You get laid.

我并没有真正在规划你的周末 你跟某人上了床

Text me the word "finance", that's how I'll know you had a good weekend.

给我发一个“finance”的消息 我就知道你周末过的很开心

So I think words do matter.

所以我觉得语言是有力量的

I think because I'm into-- I like unity of consciousness, which is not that trippy of an idea.

因为我喜欢 我喜欢意识的统一 这并没有那么难以理解

Science agrees. The theory of the big bang is obviously the singularity.

科学也证实了这一点 宇宙大爆炸理论明显就是个奇点

At one point, all of this was one thing, this impossibly dense speck of mass, basically,

在某一刻 所有一切都是个整体 这个密度极高的物体

that contained everything-- contained this lighting thing and the camera and me and my hair and my balls.

包含了万物——包含这个会发光的东西 包含相机和我 也包含了我的小弟弟

It was all in there.

它包罗万象

The mystic me-- I just think that that singularity is worthy of a metaphor,

那个神秘的我——我觉得那个奇点值得用一个比喻来说明一下

it's worthy of a story or a symbol system, so that I can not just know it, but feel it and experience it.

值得用一个故事或符号系统来说明一下 这样我不仅了解它 还能感受和体验到

Both the mystic and the scientist agree.

神秘主义者和科学家都认同这一点

Both are just theories, that everything at one point was one.

两者都只是理论 即一切最初都是一个整体

So when it comes to being called a pronoun, sometimes I like to call other people "me".

所以说到代词的时候 我有时候喜欢称呼别人为“我”

I go like, oh, these mes voted for Trump, this me is begging for change, this me is driving me to the airport.

我会说 哦 那些我给特朗普投了票 那些我在寻求改变 那个我带着我去机场

I find that useful instead of going like-- because it's so pleasant to go, you.

我觉得不说“你”还挺有用的 这样感觉很开心

I think it's overwhelming to love. I don't think hate is actually hate.

我觉得爱会让人难以承受 其实并没有真正的仇恨

I think it's too overwhelming to love.

因为无法承受 所以不敢去爱

So we call groups-- it's hard to pick an example because they all sound so hateful.

所以我们会把——这个例子不好选 因为听起来都太有恶意了

But if somebody hates left-handed people,

但如果有人讨厌左撇子的人

I think it's because it can be too overwhelming to love that group that you call left-handed people.

我觉得是因为你无法接受去爱那些你称之为左撇子的人

Because if you love them, now you have to worry about them and you have to care about them.

如果你爱他们 你就会为他们担心 就会在乎他们

So we get overwhelmed in our heads.

我们的大脑承受不了

So we go, oh, a group died, but they were gang members. OK.

于是我们会说 哦 某个组合的人死了 但他们都是恶棍 好

Gang members up here-- I don't love them, they can die.

大脑会觉得恶棍——我不喜欢这些人 死了就死了吧

So this is what we do.

这就是我们的做法

So it's helpful sometimes in our language to go like, no, those mes are in a gang.

所以在我们的语言中 如果说 不 那些人是混混 有时候还挺有用的

You know what I mean?

知道我什么意思吗?

That's a way that language can-- it's very trippy and I don't expect everybody to sign on and start doing that.

通过这种方式语言可以——听起来很飘渺 我并不指望所有人都能买账照做

But I do it privately, especially if anybody's serving you or helping you

但我个人会这么做 尤其是别人为你服务或帮助你的时候

or you think you're like, oh, this is the flight attendant.

或者你会想 哦 这是空中乘务员

No, this me just brought me a Sprite. Thank you.

不 这个我给我拿瓶雪碧来 谢谢

That me is doing great. Looks nice.

那个我做的不错 表现很好

It's just a nice way to increase compassion instead of going, this flight attendant.

只是用这种善良的方式去增强同情心 而不是称他们为空中乘务员

Look, that's a label we made so we feel OK about yelling at them that there should be more overhead space.

因为给他们贴了标签 就以为自己可以朝他们大吼头顶上的空间应该弄大一些

No, that me is doing my best.

不 那个我已经竭尽全力了

But, um, I don't know how I got on that. Who cares?

不过 额 我是怎么产生这种想法的 谁在乎呢

I don't know if you are gonna get it.

不知道大家能不能听懂

Take some mushrooms and watch this video again.

去吃点蘑菇 再看一遍视频吧

重点单词   查看全部解释    
symbol ['simbəl]

想一想再看

n. 符号,标志,象征

联想记忆
dummy ['dʌmi]

想一想再看

n. 傀儡,假人,哑巴,笨蛋,仿制品 adj. 假的,虚

 
metaphor ['metəfə]

想一想再看

n. 隐喻,暗喻

联想记忆
overwhelming ['əuvə'welmiŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 势不可挡的,压倒的

 
flight [flait]

想一想再看

n. 飞行,航班
n. 奇思妙想,一段楼

 
literal ['litərəl]

想一想再看

adj. 逐字的,字面上的,文字的
n. 错误

联想记忆
singularity [.siŋgju'læriti]

想一想再看

n. 单独,奇异

 
compassion [kəm'pæʃən]

想一想再看

n. 同情,怜悯

联想记忆
mammal ['mæməl]

想一想再看

n. 哺乳动物

联想记忆
attendant [ə'tendənt]

想一想再看

adj. 伴随的
n. 服务员,侍从,伴随物,

联想记忆

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 如何拥有创造力? 2019-07-11
  • 社会学习的巨大能量 2019-07-14
  • 贫富差距过大意味着什么? 2019-07-21
  • 抑郁症是无言的杀手 2019-07-26
  • 人类为何不能永生? 2019-08-06
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。